Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Lets say hypothetically....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Lets say hypothetically.... Tue, 20 April 2004 08:13 Go to next message
That the other night i got pulled over for "racing" even though i wasn't and the cop couldn't find an offence code in his book to write me a ticket. He then got onto his radio and nobody could tell me what to do except to impound the car and issue a summons to court Shocked . He didn't do that and told me that he was gonna write a letter to the transport department and I would get sent a breach in the mail. My question is.... "Is this guy full of shit and trying to scare me?". I would not have thought they can just issue you with a breach just like that. When they left i sat there and was like WTF i didn't get any bits of paper or anything. He couldn't give me the amount of points or fine either but estimated 3-4 points and approx $300.00. Anybody wanna share some thoughts?

Cheers,

Jake
Illegal Street Racer in denial
  Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Tue, 20 April 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i think he's full of shit, did he have any evidence?

"cops are tops" Rolling Eyes

go to court if they do send you anything but i highly doubt they would
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Tue, 20 April 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will have to go into the lengthy details so bare with me....

It was myself in my car and my friend in his VN, we were on our way home and had to decided to go to the bottle shop first. Me being silly forget and was in the wrong lane drinving beside my friend. He proceeded to do sign language whilst driving next to me suggesting i was a cock head for forgetting. When i remembered i acclerated to about 80 maybe pushing 85 all of this in a 70 zone. This is when they lit up and pulled us over.

Their version of the story was that we were lining each other up and acceralerated rappidly into the distance! When questioned about it i clearly told him that NO we were not racing and was not our intention. He then said to me that i had to admit it, i again denied saying no, he presented me with 2 options... the first to admit the second to keep lying and he would impound my car. This went on for ages with me getting a big lecture and him getting cranky. In the end neither myself or my friend admitted to racing.

Hmmmmm...... Crying or Very Sad Sad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Tue, 20 April 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rule 1 > dont admit to anything. was the copper alone??
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Tue, 20 April 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope he was with another police lady who said nothing... nope we didn't admit but it but damn sure it was entrapment!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Tue, 20 April 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes they can give you a fine in the mail(registered mail) or they can bring it around to your home at a later date.
This happend to me when I went through a stop sign and the cops didnt have a fine book Smile
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Tue, 20 April 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well one of the smartest things to do if any is always have a voice recorder sitting somewhere and if you get pulled over then start recording, cause if the cop screws up saying anything that he can't prove then just bring in the tape to court and PING! you got him.

and if he didn't write you a ticket or anything and trys to take you to court, make him prove that you were driving at that time, say you were at home Very Happy
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Tue, 20 April 2004 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it was that clear and he is able to send it to you in the mail then why not just get your number and that of the person you were "racing" and send you both a mail fine. That would leave more time to ring up some bogus fines against others.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Tue, 20 April 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Tue, 20 April 2004 21:20

well one of the smartest things to do if any is always have a voice recorder sitting somewhere and if you get pulled over then start recording, cause if the cop screws up saying anything that he can't prove then just bring in the tape to court and PING! you got him.

well done james bond.... guess what.

both parties need to consent to record a conversation for it to stand up in court. Of course police have special privelidges with this in sting operations ect and only need the consent of 1 party, word on the street is most police already carry a recorder to minimise false badge number complaints against them.

sorry to hear about getting pinned boris, its always feels bitter when they fine you for no reason.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Tue, 20 April 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Tue, 20 April 2004 21:20

Maybe because recoding a person's voice without their knowledge or a warrant is also illegal (I'm not saying I agree with this). As an illegal recording it is inadmissible as evidence.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Wed, 21 April 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure the cops would appreciate you telling them that you are recording. That would go down well.
Dekes
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Thu, 22 April 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the whole incident was utter BS. the female was just standing around instead of talking to me like the other cop did to Jake... all she did was hand him her radio.

oh if you haven't figured out I'm the friend in the VN.

and say if we do get a fine each is there anyway we can oppose it? neither of us did admit to "racing" after all

P.S: anyone want to buy a vn.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Thu, 22 April 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmm, the only ppl on this tread that live in qld are boris {the asking the question}, cool1 {not really saying much} and me {the guy with the answers Very Happy }.

refer to this
http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?s=5a efb15b3c25e82157f6ca93bf8ec09e&showtopic=26698 &hl=

it is legal to photograph and record cops in QLD as long as at least 1 {one} of the parties know about it, {i.e. u can tape the copper and u dont have to tell him}{and if u tape your neighbours having sex its illegal},

i reckon the best way is to carry a video camera with you and get out and stick it in his face, that'll probably un-nerve him and make him fuck up or fuck off
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Thu, 22 April 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just remember that if you do tape the conversation, you will need 2 recordings for it to be accepted in court.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Fri, 23 April 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually recording someone without their consent goes against the privacy act from memory now...

denial is good, but, if it goes to court, its your word(s) against the police fellas, and, um, guess who will win (unless you have evidence to the contrary other than hearsay)

good luck fellas.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Sat, 24 April 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
y would u need 2 recordings
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Sat, 24 April 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Sat, 24 April 2004 15:46

y would u need 2 recordings

Just in case they ask you to prove that you have not edited the recording.
When the police came to my house and supplied me with a "Notice to appear" I recorded the conversation because they kept calling me by a different name. I was arguing the fact that if they had my name mixed up they could of had the offense mixed up.
My single recorded MP3 did not stand up Sad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Sat, 24 April 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So your evidence that they where messing things up didn't stand up, but their "evidence" did? What did they have on you?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Sat, 24 April 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh long story. But my investigations after the court date revealed that the courts will not accept digital recordings due to the fact that they are easily edited.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lets say hypothetically.... Sat, 24 April 2004 07:18 Go to previous message
... So are normal recordings. You take a digital recording, and you put it on an tape. Easy.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Who's good at writing technical articles?
Next Topic:owned
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 20:13:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059189796447754 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.