Toymods » Track Talk » 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jbrough
Regular

February 2003
204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Mon, 15 March 2004 09:45 Go to next message
Guys, last week the 1JZ assault on the Dry Lakes Racers meeting in South Australia reached its climax when we ran 204 MPH (326 KPH). We were 4th fastest, competing against large dollar cars running 25 to 35 thousand dollar engines, most of whom shit themselves. My estimate is that $200,000 of V8 engine and gearboxes will never run again,at least not without a lot of welding. My car is small, and runs a 1JZ-GTE that I bought from EKW 4 weeks ago for $440. It has 440cc injectors, a TO4 turbo, and 2 Soarer intercoolers welded together to double the capacity.
We ran about a dozen runs of 5 miles at about 190 MPH before we realized the rev limiter in the Wolf was turned on. We then ran about 8 runs over 200 MPH. The 1JZ is the sweetest and toughest 6 that I can think of. This was held at nearly 7700 RPM for about 3 and a half miles, and it kept coming back for more. I reckon I have the fastest 6 in the country. The previous best in the club was 184 MPH for a blown Holden 6 running on methanol. We ran on Avgas.

All I can say is Oh what a feeling.
  Send a private message to this user    
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Mon, 15 March 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit, what car is it in?!

sounds awesome Very Happy
jbrough
Regular

February 2003
Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Mon, 15 March 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's in a bellytank. The car started life as a wing mounted fuel tank on a Sabre Jet. Much changed now of course. There is a big spiel about it on my website at www.users.bigpond.com/jbrough
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Mon, 15 March 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are Nucking Futs!

Although that is a one cool (and fast) petrol tank Very Happy
jbrough
Regular

February 2003
Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Mon, 15 March 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That car drives as sweet as can be. My brother had a front tyre blow at 200 MPH, and apart from shaking the shit out of the steering wheel as the lumps of rubber left the tyre, it ran straight down the middle of the track till it stopped. It is the only car that I can remember since I started going to these meetings in 1993 that has lost a tyre at any like that speed and not lost control. Superb car building is the only thing down I can put it down to, I say modestly.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Mon, 15 March 2004 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done this is an awesome feat.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Tue, 16 March 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erm.
what posses someone to throw a 1JZGTE into a fuel tank with wheels that belonged to a very out dated war plane???

ARE YOU OUTTA UR FREAKIN MIND! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i have to say tho.. its very cool and at 204MPH, im suprized you didnt travel back thru time.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Sat, 20 March 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhhhh god
let me have your babies
please

if i was religous i'd worship you!!
thats one of the coolest things i've ever seen
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Wed, 21 April 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
326Km/h jesus friggin christ. Umm may i ask what tyres it has on the thing. And what does it do the quarter mile in without slicks. 326Km/h sounds a bit too much but i may be wrong lol.
O yea where di you reach such speeds. You have any pics??
Very Happy
6 cylinder omg, i would have to see pics to belive such a act. I've seen a V8 with 4 bolt mains do 300Km/h at 8300Rpm. But a 6 beating it at lower revs. All too much for me.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 April 2004 03:18]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Wed, 21 April 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Makes you kinda freak out of the thought of those test drivers for wheels and stuff driving those super cars at 400+ kmph
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Wed, 21 April 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would love to take someone else's supra on the SALT flats, whould be great fun but rusty!

Allan

[Updated on: Wed, 21 April 2004 14:11]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Thu, 22 April 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats! Thats one of the craziest, yet coolest things I've seen. Nice work!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Sat, 01 May 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crazy stuff there...
Makes u wonder though... the JUN SUPRA did like 391kms an hour and it was still an able car to drive on the track... all from the 3sgte... hahahha

But that would cost like HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars to build the jun supra

damn fair effort...

How much did it cost ya?
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Sat, 01 May 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh what a feeling indeed - well done. Cool
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Sun, 02 May 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SR TWINCAM wrote on Sat, 01 May 2004 15:00

Crazy stuff there...
Makes u wonder though... the JUN SUPRA did like 391kms an hour and it was still an able car to drive on the track... all from the 3sgte... hahahha

But that would cost like HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars to build the jun supra

damn fair effort...

How much did it cost ya?

The JUN Akira Supra they use for the top speed runs uses a 2JZGTE dude, with something in the vicinity of 1400ps...try that with a 3SGTE Smile
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Wed, 05 May 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I was gonna say.. the Top Secret Supra was the one running the 3s-gte wasn't it?

Top erroft on the 204mph dude, hopefully you'll be able to go even faster next time you hit the flats Very Happy

-Andrew
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Wed, 05 May 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE82TwinCam wrote on Thu, 06 May 2004 07:41

yeah I was gonna say.. the Top Secret Supra was the one running the 3s-gte wasn't it?

Correct Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Thu, 06 May 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now if we put the 1400ps JUN 2jz into the fuel tank of a plane....
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: 204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable Thu, 06 May 2004 10:46 Go to previous message
and attach some wings! - yes!!

Nice work - love the salt flat racers!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these...
Next Topic:Detailing a Engine bay!!! FUNNY STORY
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:45:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058848857879639 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.