Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Fri, 16 April 2004 10:51 Go to next message
For those interested ..

a 4agze sprinter with aftermarket comp, front mount and 2.5 inch exhaust will keep up with a GTS up to about 60-70 km/h then the GTS pulls away

same car with an SS - even stevens
  Send a private message to this user    
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Sat, 17 April 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He needs a 175mm Crank Pulley. Then he'll flog the GTS. I can beat SS's with a stock engine except for the crank pulley. (and an HKS foam filter, but that doesn't count)
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Sat, 17 April 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my sprinter is female .. call it a she thanks Smiley =

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Sat, 17 April 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what model GTS?

I spanked the pants off an old VT GTS with some mods at powercruise! That was fun Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Sat, 17 April 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VY... the new shaped ones.. really chunky fcukers

LOVE the look on their faces ... Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Sun, 18 April 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86 with FMIC, pulley, and 2.5in exhaust i can flog the pants off genIII's Very Happy they look like theyre gonna cry its great Laughing
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Sun, 18 April 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.posterworx.co.nz/images/film_tv/Hsv005HSV_GTS_Coupe_S.jpg

this model?

wow impressive! nice effort!

have u got any other mods?

[Updated on: Sun, 18 April 2004 06:30]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Sun, 18 April 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHY do i tell such lies ???

was not a gts ... it was a 4 door HSV.. can anyone clarify ??
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Sun, 18 April 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i may have the wrong idea of holdens... was a VY SS, i was under the impression they had a 5.7L and it was known as a GenIII. have not raced one like that, monaro or whatever Rolling Eyes
and i got a couple of other mods like a haltech and some head work.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Mon, 19 April 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Sat, 17 April 2004 10:57

my sprinter is female .. call it a she thanks Smiley =

Sorry, She, Ya Bitch, Lady Friend. (How kinky are you...?) Laughing

Nice efforts anyway.

By the way doesn't your car have any balls??? JK Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Mon, 19 April 2004 01:08]

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Mon, 19 April 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Sun, 18 April 2004 20:11

i may have the wrong idea of holdens... was a VY SS, i was under the impression they had a 5.7L and it was known as a GenIII. have not raced one like that, monaro or whatever Rolling Eyes
and i got a couple of other mods like a haltech and some head work.

VY SS has the Gen 3 5.7L. And they are damn fast!
I think they can be doing 13 second 1/4's with very light mods.. Crying or Very Sad As for the four door HSV was it an older GTS ie.VT
I know for sure that the GTO's are Monaros.

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Mon, 19 April 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am sorry but I am a bit skeptical of these HSV beating sprinters.

A VY GTS has 300kw and would weigh around 1700kgish. I believe that it would be close at low speed (like les said) but at higher speed they would be pulling away quite a bit i would think. They do high 13's stock.

Even a VY SS does a very high 13 with its 235kw (i think).

Anyone got a video to prove me wrong Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Mon, 19 April 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i will take my digicam and go hsv hunting... however dangerous that may be to show u ... they are quick monsters .... but as said above.. light mods on the gze and u are ahead !
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Mon, 19 April 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here Kitty Kitty Kitty Very Happy

You can try against the Ute if you want it hasn't had a decent competitor yet, and I'm interested to find out what Toyota car/engine combo's can slay it.

The Ute is a dog off the line. Mad

[Updated on: Mon, 19 April 2004 07:38]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Mon, 19 April 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprinter wont beat is .. it stays head to headwith a vy ss .. 4 dr ..

(ps 1g anything is a combo that will beat it mate)
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Mon, 19 April 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've tried a few times to line up a 1G Celica but couldn't get up thru the traffic.

I'll edit the no competitor bit I backed out of one offer, But I KNOW the Ute won't even come close to a GTS Viper.

A 1G better beat it... Other wise I'll be looking for another engine for the Celica.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Mon, 19 April 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude how many gts vipers do u see on the road ??!

a 1g celica with exhaust and stock boost will pretty much take on anything on the road on the straight !

NOTE however i am an advocate of safe driving Very Happy
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Mon, 19 April 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Mon, 19 April 2004 21:05

dude how many gts vipers do u see on the road ??!

a 1g celica with exhaust and stock boost will pretty much take on anything on the road on the straight !

NOTE however i am an advocate of safe driving Very Happy

I know a bloke who owns a GTS Viper and he quite often pulls up next to me to see if I dare run him (private joke between us)

The 1G/Celica package is hard to pass up I can't wait till I've got it on the road. Twisted Evil And the ute can go do what is supposed to do. Tow crap.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Tue, 20 April 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hook us up a ride in the Viper .. I will PAY u !!

tell ur friend he can have a ride in the 1gcelica hHAHAHHA Very Happy
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Tue, 20 April 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have to find out when he's going to bring it out again.

But I think he's taking them both to WSID shortly to drag head to head. That will be an interesting match up. Shocked

EDIT: I havn't even had a ride in it yet. he's always got semi-clad women in the other seat...

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2004 01:06]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Tue, 20 April 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is WSID and drag who ?

i can dress up as a woman .. dont normally do that kinda thing though Laughing
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Tue, 20 April 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WSID (Western Sydney International Dragway) - Eastern Creek.

He's planning on taking his cars to drag head to head for a promotion thing he's got going.
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Tue, 20 April 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it was a 4 door HSV would prolly have been a clubsport.

they still put out a fair bit of power and rocket down the road, i used to have a VP commodore but crashed that and now its supra time.
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Wed, 21 April 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose wrote on Tue, 20 April 2004 19:15

if it was a 4 door HSV would prolly have been a clubsport.

they still put out a fair bit of power and rocket down the road, i used to have a VP commodore but crashed that and now its supra time.

What kind of Supra? Surely they aren't letting you back on the road already Razz
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Thu, 22 April 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MA70, yeah i've had my license back for a while.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Fri, 23 April 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About worked gze's and 300kw HSV's, of course an HSV will flog them at top end but a light sprinter with a worked gze (I have around 170hp at the wheels in my MR2) will beat them from a standstill. I can beat stock wrx's (according to previous owner). And my dad beat a VY SS ute in my car.

I only just got away from an HSV XU6 from a rolling start of 70kph up to 130kph (going uphill).
walkie
Regular

October 2003
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Mon, 26 April 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Sun, 18 April 2004 18:20

WHY do i tell such lies ???

was not a gts ... it was a 4 door HSV.. can anyone clarify ??

They did build a four door GTS, but that picture is the GTS Coupe.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Mon, 26 April 2004 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I only just got away from an HSV XU6 from a rolling start of 70kph up to 130kph (going uphill).

BTW: the HSV XU6 is a supercharged V6 running about 180kw.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Tue, 27 April 2004 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benjamin - u let your dad thrash your car??
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Wed, 28 April 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. I was a bit pissed off when he crunched second severely when he didn't even need to (dragging a st162 Very Happy) he was already a few lengths in front. Besides, it gives me a reason to give it a bit in his car hehehe...

I know that XU6's are a S/C V6. And according to the HSV website the VT or VX that I was against have 190kw.

Rolling from 70 kays. I don't have as much of an advantage as from a standing start.
walkie
Regular

October 2003
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Wed, 28 April 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 11:09

Yes. I was a bit pissed off when he crunched second severely when he didn't even need to (dragging a st162 Very Happy) he was already a few lengths in front. Besides, it gives me a reason to give it a bit in his car hehehe...

I know that XU6's are a S/C V6. And according to the HSV website the VT or VX that I was against have 190kw.

Rolling from 70 kays. I don't have as much of an advantage as from a standing start.

The XU6 never produced more than 180kW from the factory. And they are also all automatic, so I don't know how he would have crunched second.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Wed, 28 April 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hes talking about his SC aw11 mr2.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Sprinter vs. HSV GTS vs. SS Wed, 28 April 2004 07:11 Go to previous message
[quote title=walkie wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 16:45
The XU6 never produced more than 180kW from the factory. And they are also all automatic, so I don't know how he would have crunched second.[/quote]

I must have misread then. I went looking for the page and they all say 180kw...sorry

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:F%@*HEAD broke into my sister RX7!! ABSOLUTE TOOL!!
Next Topic:MkIII vs R33 gts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:33:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073859691619873 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.