Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas?? Thu, 22 April 2004 00:48 Go to next message
Just wondering about this, I've seen a few 1986 celica sx, and they have a gold head cover, what does it mean?
Was it any different to the silver ones??
Anymore or less power?
Regards

Adrian
  Send a private message to this user    
praetor
Regular

October 2003
Re: Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas?? Thu, 22 April 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont know the engine codes, but I remember the gold head is alot smaller then the silver.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas?? Thu, 22 April 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no they are actually the same. I don't know why they did it The silver cam cover I have only seen on white lightening models so far, it was probably just a looks thing, but the gold looks better and if you want an indication, RobST162's celica has gold covers Smile
praetor
Regular

October 2003
Re: Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas?? Thu, 22 April 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had an 86 'ST' celica and it also had a silver rocker cover. But from what I can remember when I was looking at them, the gold heads were visiably smaller. But I could be wrong Confused
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas?? Thu, 22 April 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

RobST162's celica has gold covers

you reckon it looks cooler? I keep tryiing to take it off. I feel.. well.. different Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas?? Thu, 22 April 2004 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude we all feel different in celica's, if you wanna feel the same, buy a commodore Very Happy
dar_sbb
Regular

June 2003
Re: Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas?? Fri, 23 April 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isnt the gold rocker cover the 3sge and the silver the 3sfe? thats y the silver came on the "st" not "sx"

the difference is the 'g' in the engine models compared to the 'f'.
The 'g' has larger cams better compression and the mighty TVIS
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas?? Fri, 23 April 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats one truth, but the 3sfe head is only about half the size of the 3sge head, so its pretty noticeable.

also I have a friend with a gen2 3sge and that one has silver cam covers??? Confused
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas?? Fri, 23 April 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine has a gold rocker cover - could it be that they were once all silver or galvanised but just tarnish with the heat or something like that? Its not exactly a gold is it - its more of a bronze sorta colour.
Just a thought
praetor
Regular

October 2003
Re: Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas?? Fri, 23 April 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Fri, 23 April 2004 15:39

Yeah thats one truth, but the 3sfe head is only about half the size of the 3sge head, so its pretty noticeable.

also I have a friend with a gen2 3sge and that one has silver cam covers??? Confused

Maybe thats what mine was, cause the head on mine was noticably larger then the ones I looked at with gold covers on them. But mine was an '86 ST.... go figure. Had heaps of power as well - neck and neck with the 100kw corolla's Very Happy
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas?? Mon, 22 November 2004 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mines suppose to be a 2nd GEN 3SGE, and from what i know, mines a silver cover, and dosent have the word "Toyota Twin Cam 16v" written anywhere on the engine!

but it still goes ok
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Gold 3sge Engines on the st-162 Celicas?? Mon, 22 November 2004 05:00 Go to previous message
I just figured mine was dirty...

Gold on a 86 ST162 here.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2004 05:00]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:my twin turbo supra
Next Topic:Removing a FWD engine?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 04:43:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050508975982666 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar