Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hugh
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Mon, 23 February 2004 12:03 Go to next message
Monday (today) My car got broken into in the space of an hour. My stereo and 6x9 speakers where stolen along with two side windows smashed.

This all happened in the student car park at Marden.

You know how much it hurts to rock up to what you thought was a secure area and your CD player and windows are smashed? and yet the other cars aren't touched?

-_-

Wot makes it worse is that I went to Norwood police station and they couldn't give a flying f**k. Just shows you that they would rather pull over a P plater cause his licence plate is 10mm off centre or some pathetic crap like dat than actually investigate somethin.

I washed my car yesterday so there are fresh fingerprints all over the place its not funny. And they won't check it.

-_- -_-

Wot makes double worse is that all my stereo gear (worth 1600+), I only get $400 back from AAIMI

Lucky your with AAIMI my ass....

Anyone been in a jam like dis?
  Send a private message to this user    
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Mon, 23 February 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$400 is better than nothing although its no where near what you paid originally. Maybe install a half decent alarm or something, you can get piezo internal screamers which should stop any wantabe thieves.

I had my car around christmas eve spray painted by some people in a commodore. Since I didnt have a shock sensor it didnt alert me to it so Im getting that done shortly.

Some people are complete dipshits and it would be great oneday to catch them in the act.
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Mon, 23 February 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alarms = rubbish. if they want it they'll get it. Sorry to hear about what happened dude i have had the same thing happen (many times). My Vl turbo was broken into 3 times (last time it was broken into was on bay st brighton on a sunday night) i reported it and they didnt give 2 flying fcks about it.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Mon, 23 February 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get one of those debilitating alarms. You know the ones that emit such a high pitched squeal that the robber has to ether get 5m away from the car or be knocked unconscious. That and one of those nifty alarms that signals a thing on your keyring or messages your phone or something. Very Happy

It would be funny to come back to your car with them fallen unconscious lying in your car. LOL.
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Mon, 23 February 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or you could get a american pittbull and leave it in the backseat........
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Mon, 23 February 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or you could get those flamethrower things on the side of your car.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Mon, 23 February 2004 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reminds me of gone in 60 seconds. the 4wd with the "snake" number plates Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Tue, 24 February 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best theif deterrant is to drive a bomb
have a garage queen and a bomb
lol
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Tue, 24 February 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugh wrote on Mon, 23 February 2004 20:03

Wot makes double worse is that all my stereo gear (worth 1600+), I only get $400 back from AAIMI

Lucky your with AAIMI my ass....

That was your fault.
If you read your policy properly, you would have know this, and you would have insured the stereo separately, and for what its worth
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Tue, 24 February 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes most crooks can get around most alarms but smoehting with a good internal screamer will keep most of them at bay. at absolute minimum it will stop them sitting there unscrewing your stereo Smile

since us toyota owners are lucky and actualyl have our decks screw in as opposed to using the cage and jsut clipping in....

replace the phillips screws holding the bracket in with allen/torx/pozidrive or some other odd headed fastener... this will keep most ppl at bay as everyone has a philips screwdriver in the boot but who has a Torx 8 ?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Tue, 24 February 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not a bad idea toof.. Smile I like it.. though chances are it will be vandalised once they realise they can't take it

Quote:

lol yeah LITERALLY. they break in, car blows up.. aka Palastinian style Smile
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Wed, 25 February 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 16:42

not a bad idea toof.. Smile I like it.. though chances are it will be vandalised once they realise they can't take it

Quote:

lol yeah LITERALLY. they break in, car blows up.. aka Palastinian style Smile

hey id rather have it not working then them have it working Smile either way im minus a stereo
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Wed, 25 February 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the idea of having a pager alarm, internal screamers, and maybe even an autolok steering wheel lock.

You could also pull fuses or put in dead fuses to the starter motor or similar.

It would also be a good idea to have a stealth stereo system, either stock looking or hard to spot.

The best idea is to have a daily driver that you don't care if it gets scratched or dented and take the other car out on weekends, cruises or track days.

It's bullshit how you were treated by the police. It seems they have nothing else to do but revenue raise to save their own skins. It also has something to do with the police having a drastically undercut budget, forced to work long hours etc. I guess all they can really do is take a police report and that is all.

It's even worse that all these housing trust areas breed so many drug fucked, crackwhore, inbred criminals. They don't have any responsibilty, think vandalism is funny and are incredibly stupid. A well placed nuclear bomb would solve the current dole, housing, unemployment, inbreeding problems.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 February 2004 08:40]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Wed, 25 February 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about detachable face head units? Do Toyotas have lockup glove boxes (if not, mod time!)? Chuck the face in the glove box.
And then do the weird screw swap in thing... then pager alarms and a screamer. Very Happy

Someone would have to be REALLY determined to get your stereo then...
Noticing that you have a good head unit for starters, then picking the lock on the glove box and patiently unscrewing the rest of the head unit while a screamer alarm is going off in their face before you come screaming around the corner with a crowbar to get them out of your car.

A kill switch would be good, hidden somewhere, perhaps under the dash on the passenger side or something.

Another alternative is to get bulletproof glass, and take the key holes off the doors. Only entry though your keyless entry. Very Happy
Perhaps put a hidden key hole on your boot just in case your keyless entry breaks down or something. Smile Then again, if the keyless entry does break down, wont the engine immobilizer just shut your car off if you don't disarm it?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Wed, 25 February 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
face it if some one wants to nick your car/something from your car they will, like it or lump it.

so you may as well make it as difficult as possible.. a good alarm, esp with internal screamer... if it takes 5 min of pulling the dash apart to get to the screamer to get rid of the bastard i know full well i couldnt be in my car for that long with my alarm going off.. well secured deck ie: screwed in properly (thanks toyota) and preferably with an odd screw head to make it harder to nick.
whip the face off the stereo deck making it less noticable and somewhat less useful Smile
amps.. screw them down with odd screws.

it really is a pitty that you have to goto these lengths just to keep what you already own.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Wed, 25 February 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does Toyota do locking glove boxes on most of their cars?

I thought it was really hard to find face plates if you don't have a receipt or a broken face plate to show them. Or if it isn't, it should be.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Wed, 25 February 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TryUrLuk wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 00:12

alarms = rubbish. if they want it they'll get it. Sorry to hear about what happened dude i have had the same thing happen (many times). My Vl turbo was broken into 3 times (last time it was broken into was on bay st brighton on a sunday night) i reported it and they didnt give 2 flying fcks about it.

Is that Bay St Brighton in Vic? If so, that's my hood (5min from my house).

Sorry man, didn't know it was your car. d'you want the stuff back? Razz
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Thu, 26 February 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 25 February 2004 21:09

Does Toyota do locking glove boxes on most of their cars?

I thought it was really hard to find face plates if you don't have a receipt or a broken face plate to show them. Or if it isn't, it should be.

yeah most toyota gloveboxes are locking. and yes most places are reluctant to get face plates without proof of purchase.
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Thu, 26 February 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what Ive been told there also like 3/4 of the original price of the whole headunit. So thieves cant make any money off stealing it without.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Thu, 26 February 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if money isnt involved for them, they arent interested.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Thu, 26 February 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a steering wheel adaptor coming from usa that removes (f1 style)
and i have a courier bag to put the wheel in

cant steal your car if the cant steer it Wink

eventually ill add that to a immobiliser and a pager system alarm, a removable face plate stereo, stealth installed speakers, no shit on the floor, a screamer 150db alarm mounted way under the dash and tinted glass all round

that will keep em busy at least

[Updated on: Thu, 26 February 2004 10:50]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Thu, 26 February 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 26 February 2004 21:49

i have a steering wheel adaptor coming from usa that removes (f1 style)
and i have a courier bag to put the wheel in

cant steal your car if the cant steer it Wink

eventually ill add that to a immobiliser and a pager system alarm, a removable face plate stereo, stealth installed speakers, no shit on the floor, a screamer 150db alarm mounted way under the dash and tinted glass all round

that will keep em busy at least

Holy shit! That's a security system and a half! Shocked

How much is the steering wheel adaptor that you speak of? And what company makes them?
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Thu, 26 February 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 00:34

Or you could get those flamethrower things on the side of your car.

They are from South Africa arnt they?
beerfart
Regular

August 2002
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Sun, 21 March 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a mate of mine once had a vh common with a decent stereo,all he did was hide the big dollar speakers behind shit old dirty grilles and the front off a stock am radio which blutacked nicely into place when the cd face was removed.
praetor
Regular

October 2003
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Tue, 23 March 2004 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By security system consists of -
Door locks removed (only remote locking)
Piezo screemer under dash
2pt Immobelizer in 2 totally different sections of the car
2 stage radar unit so they can't just get in the car and then close the door to turn the alarm off Smile
Head unit screwed down (if you know the st162 you have to remove the center console, then the right side dash, then you can get the center dash off)

And when I get around to putting the rest of the 'system' back in it will all be stealth'd Smile
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Fri, 23 April 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basic's , Dont want your car stolen well its kinda simple expect for one thing i think its half Ilegal. Take all windows out and replace with lexan Very Happy. Trust me with lexan they will get a reall sore hand punching the window Laughing . (Lexan looks like plastic but dont be fooled by its strength.) 2nd go out and get those $600 - 800 locks. These things are cool. From what i know unpickable and it would take alot to get past.
The only other thing else to do is leave ur car in park or in gear. This will stop 99% of theive's, as the only way then to steal the car is to tow it with a tilt tray.
O and the only things they can do is give you some bent panels and lights aswell as set it on fire ( unlees you have lock on fuel cap).
Smile
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Sat, 24 April 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That lexan stuff would probably be illegal then because in an accident they probably wouldnt be able to get you out of the car.
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Sat, 24 April 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hear ya there bro, just last weekend a friends bro's Holden VL got broken into.. he was less than 20 metres away, at his apartment window, watching a movie, saw one of them in his car, jumped up and started down the stairs, they had stolen his stereo... so me and a mate too him to the cop shop to report it.. they did SFA.. we dropped him home, and as we were leaving, we saw the car parked around the corner (Was a green Mitsu Colt)...
spun round in the Lancer and chased it... had to get right behind it to get the number plates.. got them, gave them and descriptions to the cops.. and they still did fuck all about it..

the pigs are useless..
they dont do anything about stolen goods outta your car, they are only interested in pulling you over because you look like you are a punk who drives a nice car, which is obviosuly illegal... i mean, you cant be young and have a nice car.. can you?

fuck em man.

katsu
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Sun, 25 April 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate cops are useless, best to do a bit of vigalante action, once they have enough beat up thieves they'll do something bout it.

locking your face in your glove box is not a good idea, a foot at with the right power and in the right spot and lock isn't going to matter coz the plastic is broken, if your car gets broken into and they undo everything to get your stuff out they are very kind thieves car interiors being made of plastic its easy enough to break.

i would be VERY surprised if that lexcen stuff was legal, if you get in a car crash with that stuff and you don't have your windows down it would screw your hearing up, as for giving the thief a sore hand they have to be an idiot to just walk up and punch it, porcelan (sp?) from an old spark plug will shatter the window dead quiet.

as for the nukeing the unemployed i take offence to that, some people are not unemployed by choice.
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Sun, 25 April 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe, yea that lexan is Ilegal i know. As for bracking it with a old spark plug, heck i never knew that. Same as you can rest a phone book on your car window and somebody can trhow a brick and it should break queitly ( Just hope to god your freind has good aiming lol.)
I dont think you would need your window down, well not unless you have a stereo of somesort to overcome hehe.
Lexan seems really good in more ways than glass. I.E: If your car rolls it would have to be a tad stronger with lexan than glass. Only prob with it is getting out. Sad
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Tue, 27 April 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the reason i say you would have to have your windows down is that if you have a crash and your windows are up due to air pressure or something or other your front and rear window with pop or crack, unless you have your windows down for the air to escape out of, if your windows are replaced with lexen then it prolly wouldn't pop and let the air out, not sure what would happen but i'm sure it would involve problems with your hearing in future.
kayot1k
Regular

July 2003

icon14.gif  Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Wed, 05 May 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldnt just simply tinting your windows stop theives from getting in ?

not stop but slow them down

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2004 05:08]

Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Thu, 06 May 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i was a thief and i saw a car with tinting i'd think they were hiding something and decide to find out what. tinting looks cool, helps protect you from the sun but it aint going to stop thieves.
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all. Mon, 10 May 2004 01:51 Go to previous message
sorry to hear about it mate...

I have very strong zero tolerance views on this sort of thing.

If I had my way, theives would be too f*cken scared to steal shit...

For every Item they steal...

I would 'steal' a Limb as retribution...

God fucking help the bastard who I catch stealing anything...

[Updated on: Mon, 10 May 2004 01:56]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WRX ........
Next Topic:Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 16:46:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096158981323242 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.