Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What belt to use after pulling SC off

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
adavy84
Regular

February 2003

What belt to use after pulling SC off Sat, 03 April 2004 13:45 Go to next message
Hey

Since i am doing a 4agte conversion in my ae82 i pulled my super charger off today and was wondering what belt do u need to spin the water pump.. also the tensioner for that belt wont work now, or will it ???

please help.

Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What belt to use after pulling SC off Sat, 03 April 2004 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak i used a 4age alternator mount and alternator, the coolant outlet bit on the head that the top alt mounts bolts to, the pipe that runs along the under the inlet as it's different to a 4agze one. basicaly turn it into a 4age.
then just buy the belt listed for a 4age w/p and alt.

otherwise you will need to cutsom make some sort of braket with a tensoner on it to tension the w/p belt.
tin can
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: What belt to use after pulling SC off Sun, 04 April 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make ur 4agze in to a 4age also dont forget to change the crank pully
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What belt to use after pulling SC off Sun, 04 April 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few minutes with the grinder+welder and you can put the alternator where the blower was, using the same crank pulley, tensioner, bracket, etc. as the 4AGZE.
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: What belt to use after pulling SC off Fri, 23 April 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys are nuts you got it all wrong.... fix a nut to the end of the tensioner bolt and put it in upside down to push the tensioner idler pulley down not up and fit a belt round that. why buy brakets and fart around? hah!
adavy84
Regular

February 2003

Re: What belt to use after pulling SC off Fri, 23 April 2004 17:29 Go to previous message
i was thinking about doing it that way but thought the belt might wear out or something as the tensioner doesnt push on the outside of the belt.

anyways what i did was, i got a smaller belt and then grinded off the tensioner and welded it so its moves horizontally insted of verticaly, and its works great. (well haves tested it yet)

anyways thanks for ur replys. car will be on the road in a few weeks got to get this exhaust manifold sorted out.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Gasket goo
Next Topic:Widebody Camry 3S-GTE Conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 02:10:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074319839477539 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.