Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Dyno figures Mon, 02 September 2002 05:48 Go to next message
Ok Dyno figures differ between different dynos yeah? Do dyno figures differ between 2 different places that use the same dyno?
Also how much does it usually cost to get a power figure?
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Dyno figures Mon, 02 September 2002 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dyno figures can vary between two different places with the same dyno. Especially if you have shonky dyno operators that use certain tricks to bump up your power output.

You'd be looking at $30 (member) for a dyno run at a ToyMods Dyno Day. Next one should be in Jan/Feb so it's a while away though.
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: Dyno figures Mon, 02 September 2002 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$30??! The place I go to charges $150, which is why i wanted to go somewhere else.
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno figures Mon, 02 September 2002 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where u go for a dyno to cost 150. a basic power run with mixtures shouldnt cost over 55 dollars
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: Dyno figures Mon, 02 September 2002 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evolution R does them for me at Amberley Autos in Dandenong.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Dyno figures Mon, 02 September 2002 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we just did a head gasket on the dyno at the ford and holden show. first run we got only 560hp at the wheels but found we had a very loose dizzy. fixed it then blew the gasket at about 600hp at the wheels. we have had 708hp so far at a previous dyno comp but was hoping for atleast 880hp at the wheels this time but thats life. we are working out if we have time two twin turbo it by summernats to get over 1000hp at the wheels. wont be as much fun to drive as it is now but will take us well over the 1000hp mark. the most on the saturday was 960hp at the wheels on pulp as they tested all our fuel. they were going to run the 960hp car on sunday on 115 elf as a demo on the sunday but were out so didnt bother going, it should have made about 1100hp at the wheels on elf.
mick
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Dyno figures Mon, 02 September 2002 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't forget that a locations elevation, air temperature and humidity can also have an effect on an engines power output.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Dyno figures Mon, 02 September 2002 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mick, what car was this in??? When did you blow the head gasket??? I was walking around on Sunday night at around 5:45pm... I heard sweet sounding V8 on the dyno, then a bang and then the crowd acting like they were at summernats... In other words, there was a thunderous echo through the entire hall of cheers and yells...
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Dyno figures Mon, 02 September 2002 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
our car is "UDLOSE" BLUE CLUBSPORT . we did our last run about
8.30pm i think. that was the ford 6 pot with turbo that got a whopping 380hp at the wheels that they were cheering. dont know why.
mick

or i might be wrong as our first run might have been then! and the crowd went wild when we backed of as a ten foot flame shot out the back of the exhast. we run lots of extra fuel for saftey so it tends to burn on decel.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 September 2002 09:22]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Dyno figures Mon, 02 September 2002 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh yes I saw that one... Nice car...
Did you get any pics of the show at all???
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Dyno figures Mon, 02 September 2002 09:33 Go to previous message
no we dont take pics of the car.{have heaps of pics from magazine shoots}.
got a bit of video of our car, nothing else as im not much of a pic person and i also had to work on the car. i was there from 8am-10pm so it was mostly bored walking around for the sake of something to do.
mick
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Starter motors in Sydney
Next Topic:7k gt-apex
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 12:56:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044989585876465 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.