WRX ........ Sat, 24 April 2004 02:52 Go to next message
link was sent to me from a friend!
Happened last week i think

http://www.rexnet.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111 41
  Send a private message to this user    
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: WRX ........ Sat, 24 April 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What the F*$K!!!!!!

A front cut, a tin of bog and all should be ok
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: WRX ........ Sat, 24 April 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what a waste! how he wasn't killed bets me Shocked
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: WRX ........ Mon, 26 April 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

yes i was giving it and I paid the ultimate price.

Mate its adrenaline. It was pumping hard, it got the best of me easy as that. Pushed the limits of both my ability and the car.

riiiiight Rolling Eyes
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: WRX ........ Mon, 26 April 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 11:18

Quote:

Mate its adrenaline. It was pumping hard, it got the best of me easy as that. Pushed the limits of both my ability and the car.

riiiiight Rolling Eyes

it wasn't the cars abillty that would of cause it it would of been him not knowing his own abillty and the cars abillty
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WRX ........ Mon, 26 April 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 11:45

Lucid wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 11:18

Quote:

riiiiight Rolling Eyes

it wasn't the cars abillty that would of cause it it would of been him not knowing his own abillty and the cars abillty

I agree, (I think). Wink

The ability of the car would have been far beyond what his skills were.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WRX ........ Tue, 27 April 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Idiots......
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: WRX ........ Wed, 28 April 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks to him my insurance is so bloody high....
im glad he is ok....
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: WRX ........ Wed, 28 April 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If he had comp insurace u rekon hed get the car replaced?
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WRX ........ Thu, 29 April 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hell no. Driving at twice the speed limit and crashing has a subtle way of voiding any insurance policy.

It's easy to call this guy a bit of dick (so I will Very Happy ), but almost everyone's been guilt of driving too fast in the wrong situation.

The issue with AWD is that you push and push and it doesn't let go, so this gets boring and you push a bit harder, go a bit faster... then it does let go and you're f**ked.
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: WRX ........ Mon, 03 May 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it will buff right out.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

In a AWD vehicle.. If you lose it.. YOU LOSE IT!!! BIG!!!

And he would have pushed the car beyond his on abilities and the abilities of what the car could go.. Or it was just out of his control once it did let go because he didnt know what to do as he had never lost it before..
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: WRX ........ Mon, 03 May 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just lost it in my wrx on ANZAC night. when you loose it, you loose it LARGE. but at least i went down in style(wheelspin, smoke, noise you know the deal). long story short. t-intersection,turn right, 1st, then snapping 2nd. S-I-D-E-W-A-Y-S........then BOOM, back wheels grip, flicked to the right, 4 wheels start spinning, a very long, smoking 270 degrees spin and BOOOM! sideways into gutter. right out in front of the local servo. bent alot of stuff control arms etc, diff might be punchured, need new back wheel etc etc. had to get out of there (double d's etc) so i still magaged to drive it home, bit to much noise for my liking though(tyre screetching cuz it has ALOT of +ve camber and is bent slightly inwards)

lucky i know how to drive, could have been much worse Smile.

i think the reason i crashed was that i wasn't afraid to give it.(that and a gutter jumping in front of me;)) the second she is fixed im going to hit the same intersection and get it right.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WRX ........ Mon, 03 May 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That guy might have done it at the same intesection that you did! Except he may have been snapping the 3-4 gear change.

Everybody thinks that they're driving like Peter Brock, until it comes undone. I am thankful that noone was hurt in that crash, and no that guy is not the reason for high insurance premiums.
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: WRX ........ Tue, 04 May 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah it wasn't that corner. i know where he crashed.

by snapping 2nd, i mean going really hard into second at the apex to create wheelspin (you cant create wheelspin in a wrx 3rd to 4th)(no way in hell would i change gears around a corner unless it was to get sideways)

i can believe it though, i have drifted around that corner so many times before, i've also lost and regained so many sideways movements in the wrx.

Owell, it only takes one mistake. even brock has crashed many o times!

check out some movies of my car at the secret grass ripping spot!
www.rfboom.obsessivefiles.com --->videos
not my sight but we know the dude and he happened to go up there one night (we thought i twas da FUZZ!)
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: WRX ........ Tue, 04 May 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

lucky i know how to drive, could have been much worse .

Quote:

(no way in hell would i change gears around a corner unless it was to get sideways)

Confused
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: WRX ........ Tue, 04 May 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats so wrong with that???

in a wrx thats pretty much the only way to get sideways, which was exactly what i was trying to do.

and i did...
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: WRX ........ Tue, 04 May 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.. and smashed a gutter..

but lucky, you know how to drive!

.. just seems like you have a bit of attitude, and being posted on this particular thread, that was started to show the result of this attitude, caught my eye..

*I know I know, no-one is perfect - I'm not saying I am.. *

[Updated on: Tue, 04 May 2004 10:11]

45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: WRX ........ Tue, 04 May 2004 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no attitude man, just dont assume you know how i drive. i unfortunately hit the gutter, yes, BUT i missed hitting many o things like signpost, traffic light, and not to mention the petrol station. could have been much worse.
all i was saying is that if i was a "boy-racer/ricer" the damage would have been much much worse.

what attitude? i like to thrash my car. i havent spent thousands of dollars to make my car move so i can have a tea party whilst granny shifting down the street.

that said, i did F^%K up, i realise that, it took nearly 2 years of thrashing, and i fucked up. but its ok, i'll learn from my mistakes, i wont stop thrashing my cars, ill just have a better idea of what CAN happen, and try to learn to STOP it from happening.

im no stranger to crash scenes. one of my good mates has died at 180km/h ive witnessed 2 of my mates in their cars crash in front of me (one guy rolled) and another mate lost both legs street racing, just to mention a few unfortunate ones.

i don't really think of these incedinces as a 'lesson' to stop driving fast, i just look at their mistakes and learn from them, in terms of my driving.

its just my way of looking at things, wether it be stupid or not, it's my way. i'll only do high speed runs alone, and you'll never see me going 150 in a school zone at 8:45am. you might see me going 250km/h at 3am on the straight of a highway though (what race track can you do that on???none i've been to) but thats just me, hate it or not.

.....i love my car Sad
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WRX ........ Wed, 05 May 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can't drift an AWD car (not easily at least Smile ), and you can't get the back to hang out so beautifully as a RWD can with really pushing it (as 45saken has found out).

I guess that means you need to love them for what they are (mad little rally car with awesome traction), accept the things you cannot change, and if you want to do big smoking powersildes buy a Supra Very Happy .
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: WRX ........ Wed, 05 May 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
45aken -
Fine by me - point taken.
and i wasn't saying i was perfect - far from it!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: WRX ........ Wed, 05 May 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
45aken wrote on Wed, 05 May 2004 02:35

no attitude man, just dont assume you know how i drive. i unfortunately hit the gutter, yes, BUT i missed hitting many o things like signpost, traffic light, and not to mention the petrol station. could have been much worse.
all i was saying is that if i was a "boy-racer/ricer" the damage would have been much much worse.

what attitude? i like to thrash my car. i havent spent thousands of dollars to make my car move so i can have a tea party whilst granny shifting down the street.

that said, i did F^%K up, i realise that, it took nearly 2 years of thrashing, and i fucked up. but its ok, i'll learn from my mistakes, i wont stop thrashing my cars, ill just have a better idea of what CAN happen, and try to learn to STOP it from happening.

im no stranger to crash scenes. one of my good mates has died at 180km/h ive witnessed 2 of my mates in their cars crash in front of me (one guy rolled) and another mate lost both legs street racing, just to mention a few unfortunate ones.

i don't really think of these incedinces as a 'lesson' to stop driving fast, i just look at their mistakes and learn from them, in terms of my driving.

its just my way of looking at things, wether it be stupid or not, it's my way. i'll only do high speed runs alone, and you'll never see me going 150 in a school zone at 8:45am. you might see me going 250km/h at 3am on the straight of a highway though (what race track can you do that on???none i've been to) but thats just me, hate it or not.

.....i love my car Sad

its one thing to own a fast car its another to drive it!

sorry but it seemed like an attiude as well to me saying that you know how to drive, also saying that when the cars fixed your going to try it again then saying you learn from your mistakes? good luck at it but don't be suprised if it happens again, glad to here your ok though Smile i will agree on that you learn from your mistakes i know i have learnt plenty of times! Don't mean to offened you
Norminator
Regular

August 2002
Re: WRX ........ Wed, 05 May 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
45aken wrote on Wed, 05 May 2004 02:35

you must be a seriously slow learner, dude.
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: WRX ........ Wed, 05 May 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you must be a seriously slow learner, dude.

im not going to drive like a grandma because im scared to go fast from other peoples mistakes. i know i can handle myself on the road 99% of the time (only crashed once Smile) it's other people i have to worry about.

i've been driving since i was 12 and been to all the avd. drivers courses aswell as race training down at wakefeid park plenty of times.

you can't tell me that 90% of people who go to these forums dont drive fast.

lumpy: i could get it out nicely (not a simple task) i have got the wrx sideways plenty of times. it's nothing like a RWD car, but it is do able.
there not a grippy as people think, get one, go into a sharp corner going fast and tap the brakes fairly hard when you turn in... easy to loose traction.

ps in no way i am saying anythign about the ability of an AWD car is better/easier to drift in/get wheelspin in than a RWD or even FWD car, just that it is possible
julian
Regular

March 2004
Re: WRX ........ Fri, 07 May 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have been sideways in a wrx and its fun until u loose it then its all bad!!!!!! Sad

its reli lucky this guy wasnt killed

he must have reli stuffed up 2 stuff it up so badly
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WRX ........ Fri, 07 May 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not saying you can't get a WRX sideways, just mentioning as you say, it's not that simple. To my way of thinking, each car/configuration has it's strengths and weakness, by driving to the strengths of your car you get the most out of it.

I.E I know my Supra will beat a lot of WRX's in the top end, but by the time I catch them off the launch we're doing 130kph++ - unsafe and unacceptable in the city/suburbs. I accept the fact I won't win between the traffic lights - but get it on the freeway and it's a different story. In tight and twisty corners it's another story again Smile

Getting back to the thread, it's obvious the car/driver pushed beyond their abilities in the situation at the time. Another driver, it may have been different, another car would have reacted differently and another time the driver might never have lost it. There's probably been a time for all of us where we've managed to pull it out of arse and avoid a crash Smile But luck rather than skill is the biggest factor sometimes!!!
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: WRX ........ Mon, 10 May 2004 08:19 Go to previous message
word to lumpy. normally when you fuck up an a rex, you fuck up huge. i say drive within YOUR limits always, who cares what the car can do, you going to be the one in a bodybag.

luck also has alot to do with it. it would have been a different story it that guy lost it a few metres later or eariler.

what i think is that you can be a absolute pro driver, have everything covered, but as soon as something unexpected happens(eg car grips then all 4 wheels spin), your in some trouble. there is just to many variable going around to have everything under control.

...F%^kin gutter Mad

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Got defected
Next Topic:Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:15:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062141418457031 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.