Toymods » Cruises and Events » Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie}

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Sat, 24 April 2004 06:14 Go to next message
i wanna organise a toymods drag day soon, we'll hold it during a normal Street Meet

the way they are run is:

gates open at 2
qualifying starts at 2.30
racing from 6

i fu dont wanna actually race then u dont have to, u can just do grudge matches with someone u wanna run.

with pro drag racing it doesnt matter whether u have a 18 sec car vs a 9 sec car, its all equal.

Quote:

Basically, all racing at Willowbank, with few exceptions (which we'll tell you about later) is conducted on some form of handicap racing. These are 1. "Dial-your-own" handicaps. Roughly 90% of drag racing uses this system and if you are a newcomer to drag racing this is all you probably need to know about to start with.

"Dial-your-own" simply means that you nominate your own handicap time. This gives the slower vehicle of a race a physical head start, which is programmed electronically into our Electronics 2000 Timers. To stop someone nominating a time they can run a lot faster than, thus giving an unfair advantage, a "breakout" rule is applied. Put simply, if you nominated 14.00 seconds for your "dial-in" and ran 13.99 or faster in racing you lose the race. But if your opposition does the same thing the timers award the win automatically to the person "breaking out" by the least amount.

This is known as a "double breakout".

going to a street meet is better than a test and tune casue there is about 3 more hours in the day and when racing {eliminations} start, ppl get the shits if they lose and fuck off home. and there is usually some heavy hitters too

the next street meet is the round 8 of the street series,

all u need is a long sleeve shirt {jumper} and a helmet, they scrutinise the cars at these events, so make sure your car is road worthy, i.e., secure battery, no leaks, over flow bottle connected.
and bring some tools, if and when u break shit, unlike those weirdos in Dubbo u dont need a tailshaft loop.

anymore questions dont hesitate to ask.

Send a private message to this user    
TRD-75
Regular

July 2003
Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Sat, 24 April 2004 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm keen to see what my new engine can do! i know it can keep up with VL's tho. Evil or Very Mad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Sat, 24 April 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im very keen when i get my car back...
when is it?
i just need to learn to drive the car lol
im guessing jake and chris will come with the 3t ta22 and 1j corona Smile
that would be awesome
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Sun, 25 April 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the next event isnt till Saturday 29, it the Street Series Round 8 event,

even if your car isnt ready johal then bring the 1GGUE out and see the difference between 1G N/A and 1JZGTE,

i hope to have my new head with cams on by then
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Sun, 25 April 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh.. thats ages away!.. my 1jz car will be done by then.. probably no respray by then .. but guards will be rolled and i hope we can get the suspension in by then and the rims..
and ill have pretty much everything else done.

ill remember to roster that day off work.

Im gonna try my hardest to have an lsd by then and learn to drive a manual again hehe.

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Sun, 25 April 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I AM COMING!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Sun, 25 April 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are slow ma70s able to race? Rolling Eyes
Cost?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Sun, 25 April 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 25 April 2004 17:57

shotgun lining you up 1st..
my suspension is way too stiff to be any good for drag... so ur gonna murder me, but it will be good none the less
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Mon, 26 April 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cost is $32 to race, which includes 1 driver and a crew member, it cost $15 to spectate, so basically it cost and extra $2 to race

yes slow cars can race, brisbane street machine had their 22sec S Cargo van out there at drag combat, he broke out with a 21 sec pass Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Mon, 26 April 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 25 April 2004 23:08

my suspension is way too stiff to be any good for drag... so ur gonna murder me, but it will be good none the less

My rear suspension is very hard too. This will just be testing for me. I want to see how much traction I will get with the suspension setup how it is and then loosen them up a little and have another go. The only thing is, if I loosen them up too much my diff hits the floorpan! Smile

Should be good fun!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Mon, 26 April 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 10:32

Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 25 April 2004 23:08

My rear suspension is very hard too. This will just be testing for me. I want to see how much traction I will get with the suspension setup how it is and then loosen them up a little and have another go. The only thing is, if I loosen them up too much my diff hits the floorpan! Smile

Should be good fun!

yes.. well however it goes.. i shotgun the 1st to line you up
did u end up getting an lsd?... cause it might be a fair race if i up my boost a bit considering ur car is lighter
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Mon, 26 April 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, got an LSD now! Evil or Very Mad

Still don't know how the traction situation will go with the hard setup but this will be the first time out so I am really not expecting a very good result.

That is the first time out for the car and ME! Smile

P.S Yes i will be running stock boost, which according to my cheap as chips boost guage is 10psi.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Mon, 26 April 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey chris, u have a run and then let me have a run, i know how to launch really well Rolling Eyes
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Mon, 26 April 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your gonna slaughter me with an LSD
my 1st time out too.. and i havent driven a man in a year.. or a HIGH powered car ever....
will be interesting
im also expecting a shit result
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Tue, 27 April 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
29th may?

sounds good. I've never been down the 1/4 before...should be interesting...i'll be super pissed if the car isnt ready by then

*mentally wills motor over from japan*
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Tue, 27 April 2004 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NickAE86 wrote on Tue, 27 April 2004 18:14

29th may?

sounds good. I've never been down the 1/4 before...should be interesting...i'll be super pissed if the car isnt ready by then

*mentally wills motor over from japan*

still in there?.. waht the hell is going on?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Tue, 27 April 2004 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shortfall of 4agzes at the moment anthony tells me
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Wed, 28 April 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive seen a few around...
how can they be short.. they are sought after engine, you think they would have heaps of them
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Wed, 28 April 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plenty of aw11 & ae92 gze's about but im chasing an ae101. As jake stated, there's a shortfall atm

there's no point ordering one as it'd take 3 months to get here....just have to wait and ring around every few days when more containers come in
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Wed, 28 April 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sucks.. i bet it ends up tkaing more than 3 months though Razz
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Wed, 28 April 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

that sucks.. i bet it ends up tkaing more than 3 months though

it better bloody not http://www.rollaclub.com/board/html/emoticons/06-abusive.gif

so Mr DOHC this is definately a go-er or are we waiting for more responses...i spose we'll have to let this thread die and start a new one closer to the date...7 ppl interested so far

you coming jake? would love to see how the ta is coming along Smile

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Wed, 28 April 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well yes, i want it to be a go-er, doesnt really matter how many ppl we get
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Wed, 28 April 2004 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shall we meet somewhere before willowbank like redbank KFC? might be easier than trying to find people there. and what time would we meet?

once this is sorted, start a new thread.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Thu, 29 April 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as soon as i know this is a goer for sure ill roster the day off work... so let us know.. and i wouldnt mind following someone there as i suck at getting there
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Thu, 29 April 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how does meeting at 1pm at Redbank Plains KFC sound? It is on the side of the main road that goes to willowbank. Then leave at 1:30?

I am definitely going!
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Thu, 29 April 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh that sounds good, remember u have to take the exit about 700m b4 the redbank plains KFC,
KFC is outside the Redbank Plains shopping center so u cant miss it.

the earlier we get there the more runs we'll get in, cause most ppl get there just after 3 or so, so if we get in when they open and are the first in the staging lanes then we should get 1 or 2 in b4 it starts to fill up.

and as Chris said to me the other day, since the winternats are coming up soon there should be some heavy hitters out there {top doorslammer, SC outlaws, pro stock}. Very Happy
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Thu, 29 April 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also just realised that u need a temporary ANDRA licence for this event {since its an event u can actually win something} which is $5

the track will open at 2pm, qulifying from 2.30 and eliminations will be at 6.00.

if u lose the eliminations {u dont have to enter the elims at all tho} u can just line ppl up for grudge matches tho, like johal VS chris Very Happy
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Thu, 29 April 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tho if your car is a sub 11 sec runner, i think you need roll cage & tailshaft loop?

update: i'm no rule expert, visit the andra or willowbank web sites for more info.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2004 10:57]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Thu, 29 April 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 20:08

tho if your car is a sub 11 sec runner, i think you need roll cage & tailshaft loop?

I know I won't have a problem with that! Smile

ALthough, that fella Phil was telling me about with the RA28 with 375rwhp might have a good crack at it!

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Thu, 29 April 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright.. ill get the day off work...
I hope to have an lsd by then or chris will murder me
do any of the north siders wanna meet up before hand so they can lead me to the KFC.. cause ill get lost Smile
i doubt ill go in the eliminations.. but i will just fuck around
dont wanna punish my car on too many runs..
I got my credit card today so ill look at getting some shit done ASAP
Phil, reckon we can get to doing my suspension before that date?

and can we get the ANDRA thing there.. or do we have to get it beforehand

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2004 11:57]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Fri, 30 April 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it wont hurt to go in the eliminations, u dont get any more or less runs, its just that if u keep winning they'll give u a prize at the end {big trophy Very Happy }
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Fri, 30 April 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true.. ill see how i go. gotta find an lsd before then...
id love to have a drag track to ourselves lol
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Fri, 30 April 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true.. ill see how i go. gotta find an lsd before then...
id love to have a drag track to ourselves lol
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Mon, 03 May 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alrighty, I now have my LSD in! It is heaps better. Getting twin dump pipes next week as well.

In the original post you forgot to mention that you need long pants as well as a long sleeve shirt.

Can we make a list of who is going and whack it in the first post along with the meeting points or make another thread?

thanks
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Mon, 03 May 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does the LSD help tracion heaps?
yes.. another thread would be good
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie} Mon, 03 May 2004 23:17 Go to previous message
Just for everyone who is too lazy to look back in the cruises section.
THERE IS A NEW THREAD FOR THIS
Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:G1 Drift Comp - Mallala Raceway May 15th
Next Topic:WSID - 21st April
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:15:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006676197052002 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.