Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » EBC for 1G-GTE?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rebbot
Regular

October 2003
EBC for 1G-GTE? Sat, 24 April 2004 18:08 Go to next message
Hi dudes,

Been trying to locate a EBC for the 1G-GTE previously. Just wondering if anyone knows if the GReddy Profec A, HKS EVC II will work on the 1G-GTE?

I have been having problems previously as I have been told since the setup is a twin turbo sequential, you would need two boost controllers one for each turbo. I understand that is the case for manual boost controllers unless you have the dual stage spec. However do that apply to the EBCs which means I have to get 2 or will it work with just one? I have been trying to surf and locate information for the Profec A and EVC III but to no avail. Thanks!
  Send a private message to this user    
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: EBC for 1G-GTE? Sat, 24 April 2004 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You hook up both turbo's together. Have a rubber hose going from both the same sides of the actuator, then join those together in a T peice, then connect to the EBC, and do the same for the outlet of the compressor. Then you have 2 going into one on both sides.

Any EBC will work with the 1G.

La Bang.

rebbot
Regular

October 2003
Re: EBC for 1G-GTE? Sat, 24 April 2004 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate! Smile But I cannot do that with a manual boost controller rite as I previously had the GReddy/Trust T.V.V.C and they told me straight that I have to have 2 of those one for each turbo. Mad
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: EBC for 1G-GTE? Sat, 24 April 2004 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, they don't know what they are talking about. I have a manual boost controller on my 1JZ-GTE right now. As you should know that is twin turbo.
rebbot
Regular

October 2003
Re: EBC for 1G-GTE? Sat, 24 April 2004 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mate but is it because yours is a dual stage manual boost controller? Cuz every performance workshop I went to told me the same thing so much that I am beginning to believe them hahaha I have no idea. If I have to sell my T.V.V.C to get a EBC. I have too. I was thinking of the Blitz D-SBC R-Spec actually.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: EBC for 1G-GTE? Sat, 24 April 2004 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No it's single stage. Listen to me, as an owner of a 1G-GTEU and a 1JZ-GTE you can use MBC or EBC, any brand any type.

Cool

This guy has some cheap EBC's
http://stores.ebay.com/JDM-Export-Vehicle-Solution s_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

[Updated on: Sat, 24 April 2004 20:02]

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: EBC for 1G-GTE? Sun, 25 April 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Failing this - a celicamad boost controller is garanteed to do the job, better than 99% of EBC's @ 1/2 the price. I love mine, PM me for details.

punkdefender
Regular

May 2002

Re: EBC for 1G-GTE? Sun, 25 April 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1g-gte turbos are not sequential...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: EBC for 1G-GTE? Sun, 25 April 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rebbot wrote on Sun, 25 April 2004 05:36

Cuz every performance workshop I went to told me the same thing so much that I am beginning to believe them hahaha I have no idea.

wel, it just goes to show you how little "performance workshops" actually know!!! many will do whatever it takes to get you to buy more...

i hope you wrote down which places you asked, cos you should never ever go to those shops again Wink
then again, did they ask if your turbos were sequential or not?
Cya, Stewart

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: EBC for 1G-GTE? Sun, 25 April 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sequential is something to look out for eg. 2JZ-GTE.

I have a Celicamad boost controller too. I find it a bit fiddly though, but it works and holds boost.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EBC for 1G-GTE? Sun, 25 April 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have found recently that there are many idiots who run so called performance workshops who say that the 1ggte and 1jzgte are sequential turbos, they are NOT only the 2jzgte are sequential, and i have found that most times you should trust the ppl on these forums becuase we are the ones who have been there and done it before not these bunch of clowns that are that are just as much a qualified mechanic as the guy who works in the supermarket.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: EBC for 1G-GTE? Sun, 25 April 2004 11:11 Go to previous message
danish email me celicamad@kooee.com.au
i can send up to date instructions
or if you are running an earlier version of my controller upgrade it for you .
my latest one can adjust boost as fine as 0.5 psi variations or even less if you can find a gauge accurate enough to tell Rolling Eyes
anyway give me a buzz it should only take 20mins to setup then you only ever adjust one valve for fine changes
if you get stuck i have mates in sydney that will help you .

O.K i have setup and tuned over 20 1ggtes alone as well as 1jzgte and 2jzgte .

ALL of these only need one controller YEP even sequential ones

for 1ggte
simply join the hoses as described earlier in this post
then controller in between . if your still having probs controlling boost then pick up the controller and throw it .
it is possible to control boost on a 1ggte with an aerosol tin a t piece a lenghth of hose and five hose clamps

ive said it before 99% of electronic boost controllers are innacurate and overpriced . Being an electronic solenoid valve they are also somewhat effected by heat

i can rig up a cheap and nasty but reliable controller for 1ggte for $80, a neat accurate one for $159 and a full kit that will bring boost on as fast as the turbo can make it for $315

If you MUST go electronic get e boost . But the turbosmart mechanical is 80% as good and about 1/6th of the price . It wont bring boost on as fast but it does work with reasonable accuracy

before buying a electronic ask yourself this question
why do INDY cars use a mechanical pressure relief system instead of electronic ????

if you would like to try one of my controllers email me .i have a few mates in different towns (yes one in sydney) that are happy to oblige a free trial

but please whatever you do dont buy an electronic i disconnect two electronic controllers a week to fit mechanical ones with BIG gains .

actually matt how much is the HKS from your car for sale for ???
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Lower your car with Coil Spring Locks for under $80??? Is this dodgy?
Next Topic:open wheels diffs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 19:25:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051319599151611 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.