Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
perth guys and girls Sun, 25 April 2004 09:35 Go to next message
How you goin perth peeps me and my 2 freinds are in the process of starting a pre 1990 toyota car club. Any toyotas are welcome from a stock rolla to fully moded supra only thing is it must be "old skool" there is already a sprinter,supra and cressida So as you can tell we will take any thing if there is any intrest please go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oldskooltoyota It is going to be a club for people who just love driving there toyotas.

PS This club is anti street racing
  Send a private message to this user    
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Tue, 27 April 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So is the lack of post telling me that no one wants a pre 90 toyota club or is it that no one wants to work on somthing from the ground up. Confused Confused
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: perth guys and girls Tue, 27 April 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just remember the toymods club is nsw based - and while there are a few pesky perthites around, you may have to wait a while for them to come on (or get out of the garage and finish their project car ... not to mention any names)
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 28 April 2004 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Tue, 27 April 2004 18:40

just remember the toymods club is nsw based - and while there are a few pesky perthites around, you may have to wait a while for them to come on (or get out of the garage and finish their project car ... not to mention any names)

I'm sorry, that couldn't be directed at me could it? Haha. Anyways, I'm kinda keen to join the Supra club of WA.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 28 April 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 09:20

draven wrote on Tue, 27 April 2004 18:40

I'm sorry, that couldn't be directed at me could it? Haha. Anyways, I'm kinda keen to join the Supra club of WA.

Dont you drive a celica Laughing jk

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 28 April 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drive a Celica, but I own a car that is basically a Supra. None the less, they were talking about on the list about letting some other cool Toyota cars in, dunno if that'd stretch to a Corona Mk2 though Twisted Evil
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 28 April 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 09:26

Drive a Celica, but I own a car that is basically a Supra. None the less, they were talking about on the list about letting some other cool Toyota cars in, dunno if that'd stretch to a Corona Mk2 though Twisted Evil

just kidding dude

how long till completion?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 28 April 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So was I Laughing

No idea atm mate, with all this uni work and expenses, I just don't know when the time and money are all going to come together at once. Crying or Very Sad
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 28 April 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

uni who needs that with all the careers at mcdonalds these days who needs a degree Laughing
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 28 April 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Study hard for your unemployment...
I'd think about joining it but I couldn't be assed getting a yahoo account Smile
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 28 April 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finaly some response

I can uderstand that the yahoo thing sucks but it was a free way we could get an idea on peoples intrest before starting legit site we have decided that the club is going ahead anyway.
even with only 5 members Embarassed Laughing
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 28 April 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cytribe what car ya got....
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: perth guys and girls Thu, 29 April 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 11:26

supra envy..............
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: perth guys and girls Thu, 29 April 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats there to be envious, my car has all the stuff that's good about a Supra without the tacky flares and sunshade.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: perth guys and girls Thu, 29 April 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 16:41

Whats there to be envious, my car has all the stuff that's good about a Supra without the tacky flares and sunshade.

what about the brake discs?...
i actually agree the celica looks better.. but im just being a cunt
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: perth guys and girls Thu, 29 April 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, only the rears and they do the least work. I plan to change it all anyway Smile
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Thu, 29 April 2004 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
purple monkey: I got a sprinter Very Happy My e-mail is cytribe@hotmail.com and I'm the same on msn, I'd be interested in joining but I honestly couldn't be assed with yahoo
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Fri, 30 April 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats cool
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Fri, 30 April 2004 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamk2 wot donk ya got in that beast o yours?
justcallmefrank wot donk r u puttin in urz?

i got a 86 supra with 92 running gear duz that count as pre 90? Razz
and i got a 67 mini in the process of becoming a TRD mini Evil or Very Mad LOOKOUT COMMODORES

If you guys r gunna meet sumwhere id b up for it, meet up with sum toyota peeps.
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: perth guys and girls Fri, 30 April 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey is this club thing still a go?
what cars you got. I wish we had a toymods in perth but hey
At the moment the perth guys just tend to do casual cruises and whoever shows shows, whoever doesnt, well they suck.
Other than that! giv me sum details n ill b keen
Steve
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Fri, 30 April 2004 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think that if the group had a unspoken interest in the "borderline / street" motorsport. The uptake would be better.
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Sat, 01 May 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes we will take any toyota as long as the car was made pre 90

next week I will find out and organise all the leagal maters(reg name ) Our aim is to have runs and meets alone and with some other clubs but let me stress that any hoons are not welcome Im into going fast and that but it should be kept of the street in a safe enviroment.

sofar we got a few sprinters,celica,couple cressidas and a supra but as you know the club is very young.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: perth guys and girls Sat, 01 May 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why would u only limit it to older toyota's
i dont see how having a 95 supra in there could be a bad thing...
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Sun, 02 May 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reason is I like old toyotas more than i like the new ones
and most young people cant afford a "95 supra" so it was gona be a club that would not knock people that have a stock 83 rolla with mag wheels and a silver exhaust tip as long as they like driving there toyota thats all that maters. But on the other hand a fully worked 89 supra with custom every thing is very very welcome Laughing

PS When we have events new toyotas are welcome to join us
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 05 May 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Howdy all!
Purple Monkey - I started up something like this a few months back, to try and encourage the old school crowd.
We should merge groups and slowly watch the popularity increase!
The best way to get people in is word of mouth... tell ya friends, tell ya friends to tell their friends and so on..
So far we have about 10 members and with your group of 5 ... *grabs a calculator* ... that should equal about 15 members! Razz
Good start for an old school club!
The site for our group is:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/M2K_WA/

It started as a Celica / Supra group - but I'm happy to welcome all old school toyota's and even other old school classics like rotories, cordia's, pulsars etc etc... As long as its not stock, I'm keen to check it out! Very Happy

Keep me posted on the progress of this one!
cheers
DAMO
TRD 83
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 05 May 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Wed, 05 May 2004 18:54

Howdy all!
Purple Monkey - I started up something like this a few months back, to try and encourage the old school crowd.
We should merge groups and slowly watch the popularity increase!
The best way to get people in is word of mouth... tell ya friends, tell ya friends to tell their friends and so on..
So far we have about 10 members and with your group of 5 ... *grabs a calculator* ... that should equal about 15 members! Razz
Good start for an old school club!
The site for our group is:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/M2K_WA/

It started as a Celica / Supra group - but I'm happy to welcome all old school toyota's and even other old school classics like rotories, cordia's, pulsars etc etc... As long as its not stock, I'm keen to check it out! Very Happy

Keep me posted on the progress of this one!
cheers
DAMO
TRD 83

Noooo, Cordia's and Pulsar's...ewwwww...No No No
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Thu, 06 May 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds great wa_trd_83 we have 10 members now so with my math that makes 20 that is almost a real good club. Sign on to the yahoo page if ya want. soon we will have a real page runing any way. Becuse yahoo sucks but its free Laughing
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Thu, 06 May 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah a real page would be nice! Include a few pics of members cars (i've been meaning to organise that for a while)
I'm sure then we'd be able to pull a few old school members from other clubs too!
Might have to organise a meet in the near future and discuss the ins and outs of forming a club - plus obviously it would give a chance for introductions and checking out cars.

Hey JCMF - each to their own man - just trying to expand the group. notice I didn't mention Honda's!! Laughing
But then again, a 75 honda civic with a 4AGZE power plant could always be an exception!! hehe There's always one nut in every group!

Cheers
DAMO
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Sun, 09 May 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Oldskool toyota club is going to try to org a cruise.The day is 27th June, which is a sunday(less people on roads, less
cops). It's about a month and a bit from today but that should give us enough time to organise it all.

Many ideas have been presented such as a cruise from freo motor
museum, drive up the coast until joondalup with a stop in the middle for a bbq or something like that. It doesnt have to be a big cruise but I am opening up the floor to any other suggestions as to where we can go.

The date is also not set and can be changed

I will try and talk to other clubs to see if they are keen to join us.

WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Sun, 09 May 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good Stuff!! I'm always up for a cruise! Very Happy
I'm sure all you have to do is organise a meeting point, time and date - and people will either be there or they won't.
Sundays are usually good for most people.
As for the actual cruise map - I shall try and locate a few cruise maps that I've been on and perhaps we can just organise a cruise map from them...
It will be good to generate some interest tho - perhaps start a new tread entitled "Old school car cruise - 27th June" and see how much interest is generated?!
No doubt I shall be there tho.

Cheers
DAMO
TRD 83
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Sun, 09 May 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so im assuming that if a 75 honda with a 4agze is allowed then my mini with a 4E-FTE is also allowed? yeah? thats if its ever finished Razz or i could jus bring tha supra Cool
but if that honda with the gze is cumin im bringin the mini!!!
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Sun, 09 May 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man - I like a good Mini.. they're always fun! Yours certainly sounds like it will be fun too!! hehe
Stupid powered Civic is actually project number 6 for me... at the moment I'm still working on project 1!! Confused
By all means - later down the track there will be a Mini VS Civic show down... till then the I'm sure the Supra's will be adequate cruiser's!! Very Happy

DAMO
trueno_gze
Regular

August 2002
Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 22 September 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah Mr Mat with the hair, ive heard about ur crazy turb mini hahah
i wanna c
aaron.
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Mon, 25 October 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this thing still a go? i have some webhosting that can run forum software and i also have v-bulletin v3 retail too. im sure we could organise a perth toyota club or something...

email me if anyone wants to take this up

moswald@iinet.net.au
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Mon, 25 October 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dood!
the main mailing list that we are all on at the moment is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oldskooltoyota
be sure to sign up... we also have an official website on the way! Smile

If you feel like meeting a few of us - we are having a night cruise on Friday night - see the OldSkool Toys night cruise thread for more details.

cheers!
Damo
TRD 83
mojo_type
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Mon, 25 October 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice thread hijack
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: perth guys and girls Mon, 25 October 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it wasn't a hijack... more of a segway.. Very Happy
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Wed, 10 November 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys ill be keen to join as soon as i get my old school toyota Sad ... stuck with a maxima at the moment , will have my soarer or supra in early jan tho , then ill join
Pzest
Regular

November 2004

Re: perth guys and girls Sat, 13 November 2004 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope naww i wish i could join, i like the idea of a car group.. would be cool to get ideas and information and help on fixing/modding ya car etc. though i have an ae92 seca its 1990 =\ *pouts a bit* i like driving it though lol it has "heart" hehehe

-KiM
DuMp
Regular

June 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Mon, 15 November 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet, im in as soon as i get my license. damn those mirrors
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: perth guys and girls Mon, 15 November 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id join club also... but no yahoo for me.. :(
cooter
Regular

October 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Sat, 22 January 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tht yahho carp is realy annoying. its done but Razz
cooter
Regular

October 2004
Re: perth guys and girls Sat, 22 January 2005 04:04 Go to previous message
tht yahho carp is realy annoying. its done but Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Whos going on Coastals??
Next Topic:MOTORVATION 2005
Goto Forum: