Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Laserzone Report! (2) 0 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

icon10.gif  Laserzone Report! Sat, 31 August 2002 07:41 Go to next message
For those that couldn't make it you missed out on an awesome time!... and you'll have to keep an eye out for the next one. Smile

Considering it was a midnight event we had a great turnout of around 15 people. Most wisely chose to leave their beasties at home (hey its penrith remember?).

Whilst waiting for people to arrive we were muchly entertained by varying degrees of rice doing laps of high street as well as the obligatory V8s. Occasionally we'd see Habib and his cousins trying to keep up in mums magna... the p plates a bit askew and the stereo bass control set to distortion.

Highlight had to be the riced up ford falcon which by the size of the wings on the boot was using the street as a landing strip Laughing

Ahhh... Penrith... you gotta love that town. Smile

Anyways we headed upstairs, signed up and got kitted out.

For those that haven't been before... the idea is pretty simple... two teams (red and green) battle it out with laser guns (each with diff coloured vests)... all hits and 'deaths' are scored with the results tallied at the end of the match (30min).

The First game was an 'every man for himself' so that we could all get the hang of it... after that the real fun began.

Teams were a bit uneven to start but leveled out by game two and some serious strategies came in to play... um... trying not to shoot your own teammates was the biggie.

When the star wars music came on we i noticed a few luke skywalkers came out of the woodwork... there are always some.

Between each game was a restbreak so that we could catch our breath (it was getting very hot and sweaty). The dodgy kebab store across the street was open and provided some much needed sustenance.

Half the group wussed out by around 3am and slinked off home whilst the rest of us stayed on to 530am.
(Mos, Joe, Rod, Greer, Kirsty, Danny, Grant were the stayers and deserve a mention.... hmmm celicas again).

The games became a real challenge when we asked for all the lights and noises off. Unfortunately it was a bit too dark and every minute there was a crash as someone thudded into a wall that was just a bit too dark to see... hehehe.

In the final game we asked for some Queen and classic rock to really get the place pumped. Theres something very cool about shooting people whilst cold chisel is blasted out over the speakers.

In that game our nimble leader Rod 'Scarface' Try perhaps excited by 'Bohemian Rhapsody' somehow managed to run into a wall and headbutt his own gun. Once the blood was staunched he continued on playing... who said lasers don't hurt??

By 530am we were mostly all knackered but a few diehards wanted to keep going but were out voted.

The sun had not yet risen so in keeping with the 'midnight to dawn' theme the obligatory visit to maccas for hotcakes saw us come past the finish line and witness the rising of the sun.

I stumbled into bed around 7am having had an awesome night... can't wait until the next one!

[Updated on: Sat, 31 August 2002 08:40]

Send a private message to this user    
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Laserzone Report! Sat, 31 August 2002 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm..
I have that many bruises from running into walls....
My hiding in a corner idea just didn't work!

Who's idea was it for NO lights????

It was a great night, well morning, even tho the heat had gotten to me in the end....

can't wait for the next one.... Hopefully I won't have the restriction I had this time.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Laserzone Report! Sat, 31 August 2002 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gota love the smell of those jackets after 60mins running around Nope
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Laserzone Report! Sun, 01 September 2002 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even feeling somewhat under the weather I had a great time,hit a few walls and other people (sorry everyone),everyone that missed it go next time or any time you get the chance.
Big effort by Yogi to make it for as long as he did and then have to drive home and work Saturday.
Great idea from Simon to go to it in the first place but unfortunatly he missed it due to illness which was a shame (get well)
Rod well .............. it was ment to be a non-contact sport and to everyone else thanks for turning up and making it a great night/morning

BTW it's the most fun you can have in the dark with your pants on

[Updated on: Sun, 01 September 2002 01:11]

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Laserzone Report! Sun, 01 September 2002 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was even pretty fun for that lights out game where I took my pants off. hehehe
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Laserzone Report! Sun, 01 September 2002 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Compared to the Zone-3 in campbeltown that I've been to twice, the one in Penrif is very dodgy (cheap). Next time we're going to do it in campbeltown. I don't mind parking down there too as its in an enclosed spot.

Was fun though, even though I didn't stay long.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Laserzone Report! Sun, 01 September 2002 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Mon, 02 September 2002 9:27 AM

the one in Penrif

Hey, You speak like the locals!! You sure you're not from around there?? hehehe Razz Wink
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Laserzone Report! Mon, 02 September 2002 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gotta get into the lingo. Like when u got to "Minno". theres no "T" in Minno, theres not "TH" in Penrif.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Laserzone Report! Mon, 02 September 2002 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a blast !

Thanks to everyone that came and made it a great night. I had a ball and whilst my vague highschool memories of Zone 3 do recall a better Gun I had a great time and no complaints. ( A sore head maybe but no complaints ! Rolling Eyes )

The first couple of Games were a bit of a learing curve with people shooting there own team mates and finding the places NOT to hide. (ie Do not take cover behind a wall with a window in it !!!! DOH )

The numbers did drop of as we progressed thru the morning and it was no surprise to see what we all expected. At the end of the morning there was nothing but Celica owners yet again Twisted Evil
(Even Mos has a Celica !)

I guess these Corolla owners had to get their Mums cars back before Sun up hehehe

Thanks for a great night and I can't wait till the next one ! Nod

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Laserzone Report! Mon, 02 September 2002 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Mon, 02 September 2002 3:02 PM

I guess these Corolla owners had to get their Mums cars back before Sun up hehehe

Good one Rod... My mum wouldn't be seen in a Corolla Razz ...
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Laserzone Report! Mon, 02 September 2002 13:00 Go to previous message
sounds like a blast guyz.... i'll be in he next one for sure....i don't care we got to do the light out one at the next meet that would be an absolute clasic Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:R/C Car Meet Results
Next Topic:Anyone cruising tonite or on the weekend??30 AUG
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 18:51:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064918994903564 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.