Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
What a day. Mon, 19 August 2002 12:00 Go to next message
Ok, this is my 'what a day'.

This is extrodinary. It never usually, if at all happens, so here goes.

I was coming out of westfield at strathpine, I jump into the right hand lane ready to go past a slow magna (if there is another type of magna, I havn't seen it), and notice the right hand lane is blocked for road marking.

So I then swerve back into the lane behind the magna. That's ok.

Then the lights turn, we all creep up a little, lights red again. I take my time catching up to the magna because, hey, where else can I go?

I then notice a fool in a daewoo in my rear view coming up in the right lane. Damn old c*nt decides that he would rather push in front of me.

Fine. I let the old f*cker do it. The lights turn again, I notice on the main road itself that the right hand lane is closed as well. So, we are in the middle of the intersection, I say, screw this, I then rip around the magna into the far left lane and gun it up the road past the land filled with cars, I then notice a break and swerve into it, (the lane I'm in ends at a compulsory left turn further up). I have to drop the anchor hard or end up in the rear of a commonwhore, which I do easily, err, stop that is.

Then I notice the right lane is open again just a little ways up, we get to it, I get into it, I fly past all the fools still lined up in the middle/left lane. I get through the main lights while they are turning orange, (at pizza slut there for the locals). And then have a quick reflection on how excellently I pulled that driving feat off. Smile

Ok, I cruise on up through lawnton to the clark rubber place, I get some foam, I spend about 10 mins there.

I then gun it to the petrie woolworths. I walk around the shops to go to the newsagent, and yep, wouldn't believe it, I see that POS daewoo bastard pull in and park right next to where I'm walking. 'There's that old c*nt' I think to myself.

Ok, I then go into woolworths, get some 2min noodles for lunch, go to the post office, I then go back downstairs to where I parked, I leave and get onto the road again, and guess what? As I gun it up the street, approching the entrance/exit for the top carpark, yep, that old bastard in his daewoo pulls out in front of me.

F*cking **ck *uc* ***& *!!! !

He then slows down and turns off. Stupid old D*ck.

Anyone else have a fun day? Grin

EDIT: I could mention the slow corolla on the way from clark rubber to woolworths doing 50 in a 60 zone and further adding to my time, but that would probably offend someone someplace. Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 19 August 2002 12:04]

Send a private message to this user    

Re: What a day. Mon, 19 August 2002 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You gotta love the road works in Strathpine at the moment Confused ....personally I'll be glad when it's all finished!!!!!!!

mat_lennon
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: What a day. Fri, 30 August 2002 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol. i live at strathpine and i know exactly what u mean. there is another silver daewoo that does the same thing. But u gotta love the form of those Thompson buses. It seems to me their indicators dont work and they think they can change lanes at the drop of a hat. Well cya round
Matt

Re: What a day. Fri, 30 August 2002 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe Thompson buses take up 2 lanes most of the time....but I suppose they are still better than Brisbane City council buses....one nearly ran my boyfriend over.....AND he was standing on the FOOTPATH!!! Shocked

mat_lennon
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: What a day. Fri, 30 August 2002 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funny you should say that because ive Seen something very smilar happen. Middle of the city this bus pulls into a bus stop but mounts the kerb nearly hitting some poor lady.

Re: What a day. Fri, 30 August 2002 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it is a part of the job description:
"must attempt to run over pedestrians and scare as many passengers as possible"

every ridden in one? scary stuff!
And I wish they'd fix the squeaky breaks!!! They ALL have them.... needless to say I go to uni in the city LOL.

mat_lennon
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: What a day. Fri, 30 August 2002 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh the buses and taxies in the city have the loudest squeeling brakes ive heard. Have u seen some of the drivers of the buses they think its like a playground. Sometimes i really wonder if they get so bored they just cut people off or try to hit them for a kick. But i guess ill start to worry when we see buses taking short cuts through queen street mall.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What a day. Mon, 02 September 2002 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buses mounting kerbs??? Sounds all too familiar with regard to that Dee from Neighbours! hehe Grin
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What a day. Mon, 02 September 2002 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urg, busses. I hate busses. Stopping and holding up traffic, then topping it off by giving you a blast of their diesel fumes. Mad

Funnily enough, that daewoo was silver.

BTW, nice new look to the forums. They all seem to be looking like this now. (I havn't been here in a few days).

Re: What a day. Tue, 03 September 2002 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm deisel fumes....yummy....

not...

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What a day. Tue, 03 September 2002 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just have to have my own bitch about buses, as one nearly had an accident with me today.
Heading along victoria road, the bus is doing about 50 in a 60 zone.... I'm probably doing 75, I see it way up ahead, and change lanes to pass it. Just as I get to within 5 car lengths of it, he starts to change lanes, then his blinker comes on.
I thought to myself "oh shit", then promptly gave my brakes all they could take before locking up. Sure I slowed down with almost 2 metres to spare, but it was a damn dangerout stunt to pull.
mat_lennon
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: What a day. Tue, 03 September 2002 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well i thought i would add this for a guy from school. i guess u could say its his version of what a day. As most of you know we (yr12ers) across queensland had QCS. It is common practice that between exams that no one is allowed to leave the school. So between the writing task and the multiple choice a guy from my school decided he needs some hungry jacks. Hops in his humongous valiant wagon with two other people. This is all taking place at grace lutheran college. and if any of you know the area he was coming from the roundabout direction. So turning right into grace he floors it. It is around this time he claims the accelerator gets stuck on full throttle. Car fishtails sideways over corrects then over over corrects into a no standing sign knocking it clean out of the ground (concrete base and all). He also had to explain to the teachers how his rear left door is folded up into a V shape and that someone must of backed into his car. Most teachers arent stupid and with a no standing sign sitting in the middle of the road it didnt take them long to realise what happened. needless to say its going to be an interesting morning tommorow.

cheers
Matt
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What a day. Tue, 03 September 2002 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I so hate BUSES and TRUCKS they always get in the way of things and cut you off.

The world would be a better place with out them.
djb23_20v
Occasional Poster

June 2002

Re: What a day. Fri, 27 September 2002 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a similar story to Mat about a mate fish tailing. Both of us on our P's going to a mates place, and having a fair old scrap in the process. Hes in his parents VN in front, I'm in my parents VP wagon. We turn right at a major roundabout, and I'm all over his VN like a cheap suit. Then we head into a hard left, and I have a dive up the inside. Halfway round he plants it, and shes breaks loose right, then left, then right, then left, with each swing hes more and more sideways. It does one final swing, and the VN is basically perpendicular to the nose of the VP (which is now stopped), with front left passenger looking like hes soiling himself. It swings right around (throttle still flat), and now charges towards me head on. I dart to my right to avoid him, he darts to his right similarly, but shoots straight up a high kerb and glances a barb wire fence. He then finally gets the brakes on and bounces back onto the road, stops, selects park and nearly passes out.

He says the thottle jammed. I said I'm not racing you again.

Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: What a day. Sat, 28 September 2002 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe funny story!

I had a day where we were following/stalking these girls in a P plated excel. Nothing exciting other than the fact we were following them and saying we wanted to fuck em etc... And then one of the girls pointed to all of us and did that blow job thing and we thought she was calling us cocksuckers...so we were saying how she was a skanky slut etc etc...and then her friend yelled out 'SHE WANTS TO GIVE U ALL A HEAD JOB'!!!

WOW...anyway, then they turned off suddenly and we couldnt find them again.
Redrolla
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: What a day. Tue, 08 October 2002 12:30 Go to previous message
I destroyed a daewoo cielo against a celica st185 (I think). the biatch run straight througha stop sign and I ended up hitting her left rear. Sent her sideways into some poor guys front yard after she went over his fence. To show you how crap a daewoo is, I PLANTED the brakes and they didn't lock, and the celice only got a dent from the impact, whereas the daewoo's front bar, was over the other side of the intersection, the front right didn't stop falling apart for 10 mins. (bits kept appearing on the ground after each inspection), and the front left quarter panel was ripped to shreds.

Was great when I drove home. I was in my nice shiny rolla, and the customers daewoo was on a tow truck!! Best bit is, I kept my job! schweet!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fun with a nissan silvia
Next Topic:Rust!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 00:07:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048758983612061 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.