Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Twin solexes on 2t single cam head Fri, 26 July 2002 03:13 Go to next message
Aas the name suggests is it possible to mount twin solexes on a 2t head - using the 2tG manifold - or do you need to modify the manifold OR purchase an aftermarket duekl carb manifold like from redline ?

Also if i was to purchase a pair is therer anything i should need to look at or are they ultra reliable + well built - say like the webers and dellorto 40 + carbs

Reason i need info as my drag cam profile reccomends the use of twin carbs - over the single 45 weber i have now ..

Lastly on webers - if i chose to run these in pairings - whats the deal with the numbering system ? do you need one that has a similar production number or is this a myth??

ANY HELP PLEEASE!!

Stuart
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Twin solexes on 2t single cam head Fri, 26 July 2002 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2T-G manifold is not compatible with 2T, so you need a 3rd-party manifold for twin sidedraughts.

Don't get Solex's, if you want sidedraughts you should definitely go Webers simply because they're the easiest to get parts for and heaps of people know how to tune them. Mention Solex and most people will stare at you blankly.

Have you considered getting a 2T-B manifold and running twin downdraughts? Not quite as good as twin sidedraughts but probably a lot cheaper.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Twin solexes on 2t single cam head Fri, 26 July 2002 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey stew,

one of the problems with solex's is that you cant just mash the pedal for instant response you have to sort of feed the pedal in there unlike webbers or dellortoes

and like norbie said, parts for them are hard to find, you cant even buy rebuild kits for them anymore unless you buy a dealer kit (which has 6 rebuild kits)
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Twin solexes on 2t single cam head Fri, 26 July 2002 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh well - alls good anyway - talked to rob about my weber - and we sorta came to the conclusion that the single i had is set up correctly and will provide enough feed ..

Interesting fact i didnt know - was the manifold i have isnt the standard Lynx/redline jobbie - but the "racing " version , thats better set up to deliver like twins - but only using one carb - which ios a plus ... picking up my cam tomorrow morning ( yay ) and had a chat to one ogf the guys from the club thats going to assist me in installing the bugger again for a good price ..

Seems like the main cost overall to get her running like it should will be the tuning + regraphing of the dizzy at this stage
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Twin solexes on 2t single cam head Fri, 26 July 2002 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 2TB manifold and carbie setup with linkages if anyone wants it.

You should be able to get enough fuel with just about any small carbie, but with twins you will get better max power due to the breathing ability in the higher rpm, which is where your new camshaft will be working.

Yes, I know the feeling having to go gently on the throttle with Solex sidedrafts. If you know how to set them up correctly its not so bad. I'm still no expert, but getting close.
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Twin solexes on 2t single cam head Sun, 28 July 2002 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you need the twin carb downdraught manifold of a 2T, give me a yell also have a pair of Delorto's.

regards Chuck
hemiyoda
Newcomer

July 2002
Re: Twin solexes on 2t single cam head Wed, 31 July 2002 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuart,

I have made an adaptor plate enabling me to use the 2T-G manifold on my 3T-C. The ports line up, bolts do not, hence the adaptor. It was quite easy to make. I can e-mail pics if you are interested.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Twin solexes on 2t single cam head Wed, 31 July 2002 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric I wouldn't mind some pix of that adaptor please.
gwinfiel@bigpond.net.au

[Updated on: Wed, 31 July 2002 19:55]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Twin solexes on 2t single cam head Mon, 26 April 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to necro, but I wanted to clear something up...
Would twin 40mm dellortos (DCOE) fit on the a/m redline manifold (even though it states it's for 45mm DCOE)? Should be the same bolting pattern and linkage, or diff. linkage?
danielc
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: Twin solexes on 2t single cam head Tue, 27 April 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twin 40 dellortos fit on the redline manifold, i had them on my car.... from memory the manifold is actually for 40's not 45s(not 100% though) linkages are same for 40/45, i just made a bracket for the cable (had 3tg in it when i bought the car so no linkage)
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Twin solexes on 2t single cam head Tue, 27 April 2004 13:02 Go to previous message
Stew,

I told you it was the good manifold ! Smile

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 Diameter (Ø) of Sway bar
Next Topic:how much boost
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:51:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051121711730957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.