Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Help Needed No.1 Camira Fuel Pump Regulator

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Help Needed No.1 Camira Fuel Pump Regulator Tue, 27 April 2004 15:40 Go to next message
Stupid question time:
Is it necessary to fit the regulator that sits right next to the fuel pump from a Camira if you have a regulator at the end of the fuel rail in your new engine ?
I am trying to fit a 1G-GZE to my RA23, with a Camira fuel pump sitting low under the back of the car.
Thanks.
Cheers,
Mitch.
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Help Needed No.1 Camira Fuel Pump Regulator Tue, 27 April 2004 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was under the impression that this was a damper, not a regulator.
if it is a regulator, since it doesn't have a return line, it would just be a restrictor!!

be it a regulator or damper, i would leave the assembly intact, simply because it is so close to the pump, is easily retained, and may have some beneficial effects for the pump Wink

the VL's (with samepump and thingy near pump) also have a fuel pressure regulator after the fuel rail, which is vac referenced, and is external type with hose connections... i did not see any other dampers in the Vl lines, so i had figured the one near the pump was it...

CYa, Stewart

ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Help Needed No.1 Camira Fuel Pump Regulator Tue, 27 April 2004 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stewart,
You would be dead right mate, it must be a damper, not a regulator. And it would seem like a good thing to keep if it smooths out the flow of fuel from the pump. The problem I have is that with the captive nuts welded onto the chassis rail on the right-hand rear of my car to mount the fuel pump, I now don't have the room to fit this damper, hence my question.
Thanks for the heads up.
Cheers,
Mitch.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Help Needed No.1 Camira Fuel Pump Regulator Tue, 27 April 2004 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries... you could easily mount it further away from the pump..
if it is a damper (and what the heck does the bolt on top do Wink ) it might be there to dampen the fuel pumps pulsations, rather than the pulsations from the injectors. if thats the case, then it may help if it is retained somewhere reasonably close to the pump perhaps?

stick a pressure gauge on, with and wothout and see what happens...

i'd be tempted to run without it first, (can 'dry run' the system with just the pressure reg and plug the injector holes) and see if there are pulses from the pump itself...

Cya, Stewart
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Help Needed No.1 Camira Fuel Pump Regulator Tue, 27 April 2004 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it is a damper - as stu suggests to remove the fuel pump pulsations and supply the fuel rail.

as its part of the bracket that comes with the fuel pump and holden put it there for a reason, i'd use it Smile
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Help Needed No.1 Camira Fuel Pump Regulator Wed, 28 April 2004 00:16 Go to previous message
Thanks Stewart and Grega, appreciate your input. I will have to find a way to mount the thing. I do have the original bracket that it mounted to on a Camira but I have ended up using the mounting 'cradle' from a SV11 Camry fuel pump as it has better isolation rubbers on the mounting holes, and it gets the whole pump up high and nice and close to the chassis rail where I have welded a pair of captive nuts.
Cheers,
Mitch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Can FWD 4age air parts in RWD 4age ?
Next Topic:1jz-gte 180sx conversion q's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 23:54:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039560794830322 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.