Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
go-fast bits 4 sale Tue, 03 September 2002 00:22 Go to next message
i have an opportunity to buy and part out an old ST162Toyota race car. I want a few bits off it and these are the bits that will be avail with potential prices. to avoid time wasters, and cluttering the forum, please dont reply wanting parts unless you have cash ready .

1GG 2 litre 6 cyl engine with hybrid big turbo, TRD cams and aftermarket (link) programmable ECU with manual. Runs, Includes modified engine mounts to fit this car, maybe same as other models $2200 (these engines will fit into a sprinter!!)
Soarer 5 speed alloy box suit engine, $550
Front coil overs with Koni inserts & appropriate springs. Prob also fit RA40/RA60 etc $500 pair
Front drilled RX7 vented rotors with alloy 4 pot calipers. Has Crown 5 stud hubs but could probably fit celica 4 stud hubs as same bearings are used . Calipers bolt direct to strut, $600 pair
Borg-warner limited slip diff with discs and alloy calipers. supposedly 3.9 ratio. Will also fit under RA40 onwards celica I'd guess. $1750
rear adjustable koni shocks $150 pair
set 14 x 7 alloy wheels $150

Send a private message to this user    
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Tue, 03 September 2002 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ARe the TRD Cams for a 1g-gte?
I'll be keen if it is!
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Tue, 03 September 2002 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey what do the wheels look like?
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Tue, 03 September 2002 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am told the the cams are special TRD ones for the 1ggte. the engine is supposedly a iggte that has aftermarket turbo etc fitted. it is in 1 piece and running so I cant vouch for the cams.
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Tue, 03 September 2002 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can send a digital pic later. they are aust made cheviots, 4 wide "spokes". full polish . not beautiful, but a rare size
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Tue, 03 September 2002 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terry, What size are those rotors?
I'm still interested in getting you to do me a brake setup for the front of my celica! I should be looking at doing this next month sometime!
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Tue, 03 September 2002 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont have car here with me. guess is fronts 280mm, rear 260mm. fronts are drilled
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Tue, 03 September 2002 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh ok. Just a tad too small. Not for performance but for looks Razz
Duff
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Wed, 04 September 2002 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did u say "ST162Toyota" if so you wouldnt happen to have pannels for these car would ya?
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Wed, 04 September 2002 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I'm correct in saying its a 162. last of older style 4 door coronas. has good panels including a big front spoiler (Avante model???). Lots of spare panels also
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Wed, 04 September 2002 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terry,
Can you find out if the parts off the engine can be sold seperately?

Also, what are the specs on the turbo?

Malkomv2.0
Regular

May 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Wed, 04 September 2002 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the open length of the Koni's? Very interested.
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Wed, 04 September 2002 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
engine will not be broken up--take or leave it as is
no ideas on Konis, still in car.obviously they fit that model. MY Koni book shows Corona Avante ones fit about 20 other models of Toyota also
there appears to insufficient interest to bother with dismantling this car. If I cant sell most of the "big" stuff listed its not worth the bother.
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Thu, 05 September 2002 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g'day,

do you know what year model this is?

if we can confirm the diff will fit a celica... i may be interested, though the price is a bit high and i would need to arrange shipping.

Do you actually have the car at your place or just looking at getting it?

Cheers
Stew
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Thu, 05 September 2002 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx for interest. I dont have it and now wont bother as not enough people want the valuable bits. I thought my mail was clear. I priced the diff at well less than replacment. Check it out!
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Thu, 05 September 2002 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries....
you have a right to ask whatever you want....
the last quote i got for a lsd commodore diff was $1800... ready to bolt in...

Catch ya,
Stew
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Thu, 05 September 2002 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1800???? Fark me...The B/W diff I'm converting is only going to cost me $670 ready to bolt in plus $345 for an LSD center!
corolla coupe 18rgu
Regular

September 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Thu, 05 September 2002 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will take the rear shock when your ready, do you know if eye top and bottom or pin top and eye bottom, thanks
BlackDog
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Thu, 19 September 2002 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested in the turbo & ECU. but seeing as its a complete sale thing, such is life....
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: go-fast bits 4 sale Fri, 20 September 2002 13:22 Go to previous message
Pardon my ignorance, but I always thought an ST162 was a 4th gen celica, ie the first frontwheel drive one. Seems strange Toyota would double up on a name - I'd be suprised if the fwd celica and rwd corona shared the same chassis...??!

I realised the ta63 could be a celica or a carina, but they definetly share the same chassis.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corona Mk2 diff
Next Topic:MTX RoadThunder 15in Subs x2
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 05:20:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006227970123291 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.