Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
soara7mgte
Regular

September 2003
7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions Wed, 28 April 2004 01:43 Go to next message
a couple of questions for any experts out there
- is most parts including radiators, pwr steering and other components like this interchangable between models as long as they are all 7m s
-wen doing a manual conversion is it true that the wiring must also be changed or is the ecu only required to be changed.
- is a trust td06-20g to big of a turbo for a car that is only mildly done up.. 3inch ..pod.. 10-12psi
  Send a private message to this user    
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: 7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions Wed, 28 April 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey d00d...

I'm not really an "expert" but I do have some swap exp.
The problem is you are mixing up sport car and sedan in your question. lol
The rads from Supras fit supras, from Cressidas fit Cressidas. Some mods (tweaks) might be needed, but the physical space in the nose of a Supra is rather different than the space in a Supra/Celica!

The turbo you like... what's the vane spec? I'm looking to run 6PSI on 9:1 with a stock-ish Nissan T3... 12 PSI seems like a bit of work unless you are starting with a T engine?

Also - the electrical changes depend more on which injectors/sensors you use rather than the engine, as long as you stay in one engine family.

For example;
You can take a chassis with a 5M engine and upgrade it all the way to a 7MGTE if you move the sensors from the 5M to the 5MGE or 7MGE/GTE engine.... and you need to know *exactly* what injectors you had/have/want.

Otherwise there is only a slight difference (one trigger wire IIRC) between auto computers and manual computers...

Hope this helps! Freak
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: 7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions Wed, 28 April 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FreaK wrote on Tue, 27 April 2004 23:04

Hey d00d...

... but the physical space in the nose of a Supra is rather different than the space in a Supra/Celica! ...

Hope this helps! Freak

OOPS! I meant 'space in a Cressida is rather different...' sorry
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: 7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions Wed, 28 April 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a mz20 soarer.. chassis being one of a ma70-71 supra.. so for parts i just source the supra parts, mechanical that is!
i asked the conversion question being and this guy said .. u must change the ECU from auto to manual.. because they are set differently.. psi, and igniton etc..
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: 7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions Wed, 28 April 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the steering, i missed this!
i would think seeing that the 7m gte came in the supra and the soarer.. they share the same chassis.. etc.. so those parts would only be interchangable between each other..
for a cressida ain't they based on a camry..they had a 7m ge . i don't think they would use the same rack and pinion steering as the supra and that!.. seeing the length of the supra rack would be so much longer!
soara7mgte
Regular

September 2003
Re: 7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions Thu, 29 April 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer ok thanks for the help..
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions Thu, 29 April 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
regards to suspension

gz20 , mz20 , ma70 ,ga70 , jza70

are all the same ( i think ma71 as well )

panels can also be swapped from mz20 and gz20

cheers
soara7mgte
Regular

September 2003
Re: 7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions Thu, 29 April 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt know that the same suspension would fit thats awesome.. thanks
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions Thu, 29 April 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just be carefull , bro dun quote me on that , thats what ive been told , and i have just bought some sprigs off a jza70 supra , to put in my soarer , as fa as ive been told they sould fit , soiil see how it goes ,

im 90 % sure they will , but just confirm it from some others

i know , that the ma70, mz20 and gz20 will fit 100%

as tey have same chassis

SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG
soara7mgte
Regular

September 2003
Re: 7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions Thu, 29 April 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i just wanna find out now if the pwr steering pump is interchanchable between supra /soarer/ cressida .. i thought since there 7m s there might be a simialarity.. just that mines stuffed in the soarer and im looking for a replacement and 1 guy has a pump out of a cressida so...any ideas
Barney
Regular

July 2002

Re: 7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions Sat, 01 May 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry bloke dunno bout the pump, but i do know that the lower ball joints and lower control arm bushes are the same for ma70, ma71, mz20,gz20.

if its any help. sounds like most the front suspension bits are the same.....
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7mgte or soarer/supra /cresida questions Sat, 01 May 2004 11:52 Go to previous message
send me a picture of your pump and ill tell you if they are the same.
rneil@bigpond.net.au
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE into AE86.
Next Topic:13b into AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 13:41:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063021183013916 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.