Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » Is there a need for the "Outhouse"?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 26 April 2004 10:21 Go to next message
I refer to this thread
"get these ****** tools off the ***** forums!! "

The outhouse forum isn't one I frequent much...and perhaps it's just as well, judging by the comments in the above (and other) threads.

As a sponsor of the forums, I find it interesting that there are a few individuals who seem to find it amusing to post useless (and badly formed! Mad ) diatribe/s there for no (ostensible) purpose...

We need to take serious action against these people. A Mac address ban is unlikely to work in the case of a "proxied" connection...Perhaps direct action via the offender's ISP is called for?

In closing, I might add that it's fortunate (for some), that I don't moderate the "Outhouse" forum. (Having said that, it would actually be one of the quieter forums going around if I were... Confused)
  Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 26 April 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know what ya mean in a sence the outhouse should be for things not relating to cars, like computers and general questions.
Not things like would you sleep with a girl if she flirted with you Razz
Some people might not think it is appropiate but there could be a section just for funny and stupid things like that.
I like coming on here and reading funny and stupid things but not always when someone overruns someones serious thread with stupid things and comments. Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 26 April 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know that you dont have to read/take notice of the things you dont like?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 26 April 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah the outhouse needs to be there so everyone can see

threads like
the list is comming,

and then the list revealed... Rolling Eyes
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 26 April 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 22:10

You know that you dont have to read/take notice of the things you dont like?

No, really?

As one of the chief protagonists, I'd suggest that your input is (somewhat less than) welcome... Rolling Eyes

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 26 April 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could always lick the sweat beneath my testicles Rolling Eyes
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 26 April 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 23:02

*Rests case*

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 26 April 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You didnt have to leave so much drool behind Confused
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 26 April 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if there was no outhouse all this crap would find its way into general car talk and tech
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Tue, 27 April 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with lang...an outhouse is needed to filter all the crap outta the tech & general sections. Correct me if im wrong but isnt the club/forum all about learning, meeting new people and having fun

i agree that some of the stuff is outhouse is pure dribled shit but where do you draw the line? its too damn hard too, unless you want to super moderate the forums and make it place where people are scared to post in case they get reamed for something that they thought would inject some humour & light heartedness...laughter is the best medicine you know. The outhouse is moderated to a degree...the really inane offensive stuff gets taken care off

i think your being a bit harsh biased99...cool1 had a good point, if you dont like it then dont read it.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Tue, 27 April 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NickAE86 wrote on Tue, 27 April 2004 13:27

ii think your being a bit harsh biased99...cool1 had a good point, if you dont like it then dont read it.

Wooohooo, someone agrees Very Happy
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Wed, 28 April 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i agree with lang...an outhouse is needed to filter all the crap outta the tech & general sections. Correct me if im wrong but isnt the club/forum all about learning, meeting new people and having fun

i agree that some of the stuff is outhouse is pure dribled shit but where do you draw the line? its too damn hard too, unless you want to super moderate the forums and make it place where people are scared to post in case they get reamed for something that they thought would inject some humour & light heartedness...laughter is the best medicine you know. The outhouse is moderated to a degree...the really inane offensive stuff gets taken care off

i think your being a bit harsh biased99...cool1 had a good point, if you dont like it then dont read it.

take the pun and run....
i love to read the outhouse and add to it.
it is nescessary and fun and realistic to life!!!!! or not

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2004 06:15]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Sun, 02 May 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

my avatar

my anus is bleeding Laughing Laughing Laughing
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 03 May 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the love of god & all that is holy...MY ANUS...IS BLEEDING!!!WHOOAAAAAA Laughing Laughing

if anyone was going to pickup on that i knew it'd be you ryley Very Happy

don hertzfeldt is a crackup
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 03 May 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im a big fan of that cartoon. very big fan Very Happy
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Thu, 06 May 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused wonders why this still exists?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Fri, 07 May 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forums, especially ones with a social atmosphere like this one tries to create, are always going to have off-topic discussions. Back when there was no outhouse, all this crapused to get discussed in "general discussion", and clogged up the car-related stuff there. So the outhouse was born. And yes it's a bit of a cesspool, but as long as it remains free from personal attack, sexism, racism and a bunch of other isms, I'm glad it's there. Think of it like a rowdy pub. There's a lot of crassness and boring talk, most of it not related to anything of importance. If you dont like that sort of pub, you don't go in Smile (and the topic usually reveals if you're going to like what's said or not)
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Wed, 19 May 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 07 May 2004 12:24

forums, especially ones with a social atmosphere like this one tries to create, are always going to have off-topic discussions. Back when there was no outhouse, all this crapused to get discussed in "general discussion", and clogged up the car-related stuff there. So the outhouse was born. And yes it's a bit of a cesspool, but as long as it remains free from personal attack, sexism, racism and a bunch of other isms, I'm glad it's there. Think of it like a rowdy pub. There's a lot of crassness and boring talk, most of it not related to anything of importance. If you dont like that sort of pub, you don't go in Smile (and the topic usually reveals if you're going to like what's said or not)

absolutely Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Thu, 20 May 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
missrolla wrote on Wed, 19 May 2004 16:22

draven wrote on Fri, 07 May 2004 12:24

absolutely Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ill agree too.

as biased99 stated, he doesn't frequent that forum much- so i don't really understand his problem. does he want to visit it but finds the idle and useless chat intimidating?

anything im not interested in, i don't read, or even go into the forum. i don't think ive been into any interstate events forums, for example.

i think all this forum war has died down anyway, but who knows, i don't frequent here very much at all anymore
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Thu, 20 May 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as it goes, dont read the shit if you dont like it. Who are you to say what other people can post/read?
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Wed, 09 June 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 23:02

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well said. We need the outhouse, because you need some of the funny stuff that's being posted there Razz
dazza
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Thu, 29 July 2004 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hirogen wrote on Thu, 20 May 2004 22:15

As far as it goes, dont read the shit if you dont like it. Who are you to say what other people can post/read?

Spot on there . Its about time the majority told minority what to do in this country not the other way around . Crying or Very Sad GET A LIFE Crying or Very Sad
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Tue, 10 August 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think some people need to take a chill pill, then finish it off with a freshly baked choc-chip cookie.
Sydney people are too serious sometimes... Razz

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Thu, 12 August 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toymods is a community right?

As people get to know each other more, the talk will venture from cars to other crap now and then. That is why we need an outhouse section.

I was originally a PF'er before I found toymods. Recently the modding over at PF has been a little harsh. And it seems to be in some sort of whack area of recession in people posting...? And at the same time, toymods is booming. If I want info I now post here and when Im bored I hit the outhouse and Im bound to be amused...

What makes an online forum a community is the interaction between people. It should be about cars... and it is!. But that extra bit on the side is what makes it an INTERESTING community... Dont change toymods.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 16 August 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 22:32

LMFAO Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I cant use any word to explain the funniness of that statement... Laughing

dont kill the outhouse because then this forum will be something that no one wants it to be...
sway-her08
Regular

September 2004

icon10.gif  Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Fri, 10 September 2004 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing
outhouse is the life and funn to this place

lighten up ppl!!

outhouse rocks...yer man!! Laughing Razz
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 13 September 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 16 August 2004 20:12

dont kill the outhouse because then this forum will be something that no one wants it to be...

How do you figure that?

The whole purpose of the outhouse is to keep the retards out of the real sections. I was one of the biggest supporters of having the outhouse as it is true that people want to talk about more than just cars, however the level of content being pumped out in there by most people makes me rather reluctant to put my name to the thing.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 13 September 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with Josh.

new people sign up, have nothing to contribute in the tech sections so they sit there and spam threads all day.

its not a matter of "dont read it if u dont like what they post" for the fact that THATS NOT THE POINT. This forum was set up as a repository of toyota knowledge not kiddies spam playground.

ESPECIALLY when most of outhouse spammers arent even financial members!

all of the members money going to support the club and forums to provide non-members with a free online playground? i dont like it.

remove the outhouse or make it for financial members only. the repercussion of this is that it drives away some users, and frankly good riddance.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 13 September 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am still waiting for some bank account details to be PM'd to me regarding some support for teh forums Rolling Eyes

How many times would you like me to announce that I am prepared to support the forum, im gonna stop offering soon!

The outhouse is a playground yes, but i feel of late the amount of spam has dropped and the content befitting to the outhouse...
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Mon, 13 September 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's a form right here http://toymods.org.au/
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Tue, 14 September 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont want to join the fricken club all I want to do is donate some money to the running of these forums!

someone PM me some bank acccount details
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Tue, 14 September 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 14 September 2004 12:14

I dont want to join the fricken club all I want to do is donate some money to the running of these forums!

someone PM me some bank acccount details

All the details you seek are here:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=2254&start=0&rid=9&S=0de1a21ee371b7b a2cc9f8663694ed5d

Thank you for your support Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Tue, 14 September 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is done...

I just deposited $20 into the account!
Quote:

Matthew Dellamalva
To: Toymods Fundraising Account
Amount: $20
Description: MR1GGTE Fundraisin
Date: 14/9/04 Time: 15:39:05 Sydney time

Enjoy!

So when do I get I supported Toymods under my name?

hehehe Laughing

That is the message I wrote in the other thread so have fun peoples!
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Is there a need for the "Outhouse"? Thu, 07 October 2004 22:08 Go to previous message
As a sometimes reader - sometimes poster in the outhouse - I have a suggestion for it:

make this one a registered users only - Because it is publicly accessible anyone can read it (guest users) and there IS a fair amount of crap inside that section - some of it funny, some of it mildly useful, but still a lot of crap, this could reflect on the toymods car club. I think there is a need for this section - otherwise crap will appear in all other forums...but maybe just not a public one.

Another section to consider making 'private' as such would be the war stories / track stuff --> just so you don't end up with forum trolls - reading and posting to other sites and generating a whole host of traffic that isn't really needed...

anyway that's my two cents, worth somewhere in the vicinity of .0001c

Cheers for a great community place Toymods crew....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:why dont the admin ppl sticky a topic on lots of facts about toyota stuff
Next Topic:Why cant we have moving avatars?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 03:00:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070629119873047 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.