Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR2 3SGTE
Regular

March 2004
icon14.gif  TD05 Turbo Wed, 28 April 2004 06:52 Go to next message
Selling a second hand TD05 Turbo for $700 including postage.
The reason this Turbo is so cheap is that it has slight shaft play but is in excellent condition, the shaft play isn't huge at all and the reason i am selling is i have a bigger turbo now.
This is normally around the $3000 mark new and is rated at 350HP around 230KW @ wheels. It was on an MR2 SW20 3SGTE engine.

This is a BIG turbo and not much boost is needed i was running 10psi and hitting 200KW @ my wheels. Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: TD05 Turbo Sat, 01 May 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey what engine/car is it origionally off?
what type of td05 is it?
MR2 3SGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: TD05 Turbo Tue, 04 May 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's off my 3SGTE MR2 but they were found in the Mitsubishi Evos and Galants.

Not sure what model it is i think it is the 14b it runs 350 Horse Power
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: TD05 Turbo Tue, 04 May 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aah 14b it is off a vr4 int hat case.. i have a td05h 16g from an evo 1 on my cordia.. goes well best thing i ever done
MR2 3SGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: TD05 Turbo Tue, 04 May 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On a cordia!!!!!!!
lol
Nice,
My friends brother just bought a cordia turbo, i find there isn't enough power for what i want in them even with big intercooler and turbo running 14psi, but hey for a 20yr old car they rock.
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: TD05 Turbo Wed, 05 May 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TD05h-14b off manual Galant VR4.

Good Luck with the sale. Luck with getting what you want for it.
MR2 3SGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: TD05 Turbo Wed, 05 May 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah cause with the price i am selling a 3K turbo for i should be telling the 15 or so people all who have done their reaserch which i sugest you do, that it's not worth it.
Hmmmm thanks, but i don't think i need your luck, as i said it's not huge 350 Horses but for some one going from a 100KW kar it's a nice upgrade for a very cheap price mate.
Unless they want to pay the 3-5K on a ball bearing turbo that they will then have to change dump pipes mainifold driveshafts gearboxes pretty much the lot it all adds up.
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: TD05 Turbo Wed, 05 May 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If its a $3000 turbo.. then it aint no factory TD05h-14b off a Galant.. Is this a GREDDY turbo??? because if it aint.. it is worth like $200 with shaft play.

Have done research, and probably know more about teh TD05 then you ever will.. But thanks for your comments. You can keep the 15 or so people mis-informed of what this turbo is capable of and is worth.

UNLESS.. it is a GREDDY turbo or the like..

Thanks for coming.... Very Happy

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/product.p hp?productid=16296&cat=426&page=1 <--- EVOIII 16g

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/product.p hp?productid=16294&cat=426&page=1 <----- 16g

These are US prices BUT convert it and ship it.. Thats what you pay for a new turbo.. bigger and better then the 14b.. This is to inform the masses.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2004 03:45]

MR2 3SGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: TD05 Turbo Wed, 05 May 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to let u know it's a racing spec TDO5 that was custom built for the SW20 unfortunatly the Aussie versions of these turbo's were very poor indeed. however if u know alot about these then you would know that the japanese versions spooled alot quicker and produced more HP so yes it is worth that amount of money.
Thank u for coming.
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: TD05 Turbo Wed, 05 May 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What mods have been done to the turbo? Different exhaust housing to bolt onto 3sgte? Details please.
MR2 3SGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: TD05 Turbo Wed, 05 May 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The housing is the same the turbine and internals where changed, it bolts directly onto the DP and no changes to the manifold was needed, the only thing that would possibly be needing a change would be the gear box and driveshafts if you are running big boost 15-30psi, obviously i didn't run it at that as the engine it was on couldn't handle that amount of boost.
it's a non BB turbo as all BB mods done to this kind of turbo have blown on the race track so i opted not to have this done.
What else do you need to know?
the core of the turbo is a KKK hybrid.
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: TD05 Turbo Wed, 05 May 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What internals were fitted.. They couldnt be overly big in the stock 14b comp and exhaust covers? What mods performed? Back cutting, change of exhaust wheel with machining, what wheel in comp cover???? More detail you give, The less questions you will get in regards to this turbo and sell it quicker.. If it has had all the work done that i expect it has. Then price isnt overly bad. if its been modified to bolt up to stock manifold that means its now T3 flange? Is that correct?
MR2 3SGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: TD05 Turbo Wed, 05 May 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am not sure if it's a T3 flange think again it's a hybrid custom job. The internals weren't huge although alot larger than the CT26 internals that i was thinking of modding. I am not sure what they were what the guys said was it has the KKK turbo housed in the TD05 KKK is german turbo made by Greddy or HKS i will try and find the details on this.
I will find the invoice of the work done and list it on here for you.
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: TD05 Turbo Wed, 05 May 2004 11:37 Go to previous message
yeah kkk turbos come out on porches
hell yeha my cordia donty go to bad at all with the td05 on it Smile was a straight bolt on.. tell ya mate to put a td05 on hes cordia and if he wantsta run mroe boost i know how to get that to happen.... boost cut is at 14 but i got mine set at 15 sometimes it peakes to 16.5 ona cold night,.. goes well all ti is is one wire Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sunroof for celica
Next Topic:AE92 PARTS, 1993 SSS PARTS 4 SALE - CHEAP - PLUS 18inch and 20inch wheels
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 21:44:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050089359283447 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.