Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket - SOLD

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
whatever
Regular

October 2003
'92 4Runner - Blown head gasket - SOLD Sun, 25 April 2004 03:12 Go to next message
RV6 Model with aircon.

Other extras are:

Winch
Roof Racks
Dual position cargo barrier
Dual batteries
Long range fuel tank (120 litres)

The redbook national average private sale is $9,000 to $11,900 and I'll sell this for $5,000 firm.

Also, if anyone out there has any info on the best place to sell this type of car I'd like your opinions.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 May 2004 03:51]

Send a private message to this user    
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Sun, 25 April 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm actually looking at buy a 4runner in the next few months. Where abouts in canberra are you??? I'm north side. Call me so i can come have a look see. Thanks, Justin.

ps. You have PM
whatever
Regular

October 2003
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Sun, 25 April 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM Sent
whatever
Regular

October 2003
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Wed, 28 April 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump
Brown Hornet
Regular

October 2002
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Wed, 28 April 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you start thinking about selling the longrange tank or cargo barrier seperately,sing out as im more than intrested .

cheers,
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Wed, 28 April 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quite possibly interested.
Man/AT?
Just HG on the engine, and which bank?
whatever
Regular

October 2003
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Thu, 29 April 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a manual. It is just the head gasket as far as I know. I am not a mechanic and it hasn't been confirmed by one but here is what happenned.

It has been "strange" to start of late. You know what I mean? you know how it normally sounds when you start your own car, well lately it has been different.

Went to drive it on the weekend and it went clunk then started (apparently this happens on the compression stroke when there is water in a cylinder as it isn't readily compressible)

I was letting it run a little and it was idling at 1500 RPM which is high, but it a cold morning.

I backed it out of the driveway and stopped to check the traffic, noticed it was now idling at 2000 RPM and saw some white smoke in the rear view mirror.

Got out and checked it and saw water dripping out the exhaust with white smoke, pulled back in the driveway and checked the oil and it was discouloured like clotted cream.

Spoke to a few people and found that this is a common occurance on these cars and that there was a factory recall on them for head gaskets.

I have had a fair bit of interest in this car for this price so far, so if you are interested I'd get a move on. I'm putting it in the paper this weekend. The price is not negotiable.

Cheers,
Jeremy.
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Thu, 29 April 2004 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know what a headgasket replacement on one of these involves? easy engine to work with or pain in the a$$? The reason im asking is that a mate of mine is in the market for a 4X4. At the moment he is looking seriously into a suzuki Vitara Confused for about the same money, maybe a bit less. Im trying to lead him into the light here, show him just how good a hilux can be and pretty much stop him from getting a soccer mum car Laughing If it turns out that a HG replacement on one of these is fairly straight forward, ill see if i can get him to buy it and ill do the work on it for him. if he gets out of it for less than $5600, he'll be cheering.
whatever
Regular

October 2003
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Thu, 29 April 2004 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it is a V6, so there possibly two to replace and I know that the genuine gasket kit costs $600. Also one dude who looked at it said that it is about 6 hours work to get the head off.

But if you look at it realisticly it is a $10,000 car with a $2,500 problem for $5,000. Pretty good value really.

PS

I've had a fair bit of interest in it so far, so I wouldn't waste any time.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Fri, 30 April 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The toyota Factory recall FIXES THE BLOWN HEADGASKET FOR FREE.

I know two people who have had theirs back and the head gasket replaced FOR FREE.

My dad has a 4 Runner, but he has the 2.8 desial version.

Ring Toyota and find out the details.... but be careful, they dont like letting on the fact that they replace the blown H/G for free. (cracked head is your own responsibility though)

Kristian
Japanese Import Parts

jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Fri, 30 April 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well dude, i can get a headgasket, or two at cost price, and do the work myself (with a lot of swearing and cursing) so i should be able to get away with it for less than $500 without too much trouble. How much space you got in your engine bay? can you send pics of the car as well as pics of the engine bay to jinxinferno@hotmail.com i am very interested in this.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Fri, 30 April 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jinxinferno wrote on Fri, 30 April 2004 12:16

Well dude, i can get a headgasket, or two at cost price, and do the work myself (with a lot of swearing and cursing) so i should be able to get away with it for less than $500 without too much trouble. How much space you got in your engine bay? can you send pics of the car as well as pics of the engine bay to jinxinferno@hotmail.com i am very interested in this.

ERRR, WHY ???????????

If toyota is gonna do it for free, you are stupid to do it your self.
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Fri, 30 April 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, i was of course talking about how much it would cost if i did it myself, just in case, hypothetically speaking, toyota do not replace it for free. At any rate, im trying to track down a VRS kit or atleast headgaskets for this engine but it seems to be a bit hard to place. What is the engine code on one of these? so far all i can find info on is a 3VZE, and since jeremy hasnt mentioned a supercharger, im guessing this one isnt right. Any help?
whatever
Regular

October 2003
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Fri, 30 April 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The engine is not supercharged and there isn't a huge amount of room in the engine bay. I'll email you the pics tonight.

PS

I think the factory recall ran out in late 2002.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 April 2004 03:39]

jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Fri, 30 April 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but what is the engine code? is it imported?
whatever
Regular

October 2003
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Fri, 30 April 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry. No it is not an import, but was sold new in Australia. It is a 3VZ-FE and the vehicle model number is a VZN130R
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Sat, 01 May 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah, i see now, the Z is part of the first half of the engine code. So what is this recall all about anyway, was it just that they were fitted with shit headgaskets or is the problem with the engine itself?

[Updated on: Sat, 01 May 2004 01:20]

whatever
Regular

October 2003
Re: '92 4Runner - Blown head gasket Sat, 01 May 2004 01:10 Go to previous message
Here is a link to info I have been able to find.

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/60/92600850.html
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Selling RA23 or will part!!
Next Topic:For Sale: 1974 KE20 corolla $300
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 19:34:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060799121856689 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.