Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Car got broken into !

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ytri
Regular

June 2002
icon9.gif  Car got broken into ! Tue, 03 September 2002 03:17 Go to next message
Little bastards! Got home last night to find cops out the front of my house. Someones car got reported stolen. So I emptied my car of everything and even then, came out to check it every hour or so. Finally gave up and went to bed, went outside this morning to go to work, and found my window down! Bastards forced my window down and wrecked the frame and i think the motor, and ripped the front of my cd player off. What really gets me is that they got nothing out of it. All they did was wreck my window and cd player. Now I've got a cd in there that i cant eject or turn down and it shits me!!!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Car got broken into ! Tue, 03 September 2002 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ugh - I know the feeling mate. really sorry to hear it. That's what has really gotten to me on the occasions when my cars have been broken into.. it costs me more to fix the damage they do getting in, than what they could ever possibly get out of it.. Mad
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon5.gif  Re: Car got broken into ! Tue, 03 September 2002 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry dood, dont follow the chain of events ??

there were cops at your house b4 ur car got broken into ? do u mean there were ppl preying on your car ??
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: Car got broken into ! Tue, 03 September 2002 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scums stole my pack of chewy too Crying or Very Sad
Im happy my car was still there in the morning though, as well as the boost controller I just had fitted last week. Its in now getting an alarm, which I've been meaning to get since I moved to Melbourne a few months ago. Just a shame it took this to get me moving. Any body know if the Fusion alarms are any good?
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: Car got broken into ! Tue, 03 September 2002 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les - Earlier that night someones car got stolen from my street. And this morning i was walking up and down the street collecting all the contents of my glove box and someone must have called the cops on me. Cops came and questioned me cos someones house in my street got burgled last night too!
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car got broken into ! Tue, 03 September 2002 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really sorry to hear it mate, it makes you wonder if it's worth it. I've had $3000 worth of stereo nicked a while ago. Where is preston anyways? Never heard of it.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Car got broken into ! Tue, 03 September 2002 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My friend had his car broken into in an undercover car park while he was at the cinemas, was 9:30pm last Sunday night. Pretty much the only carpark that has cars in it at that time too.

They smashed his front window, stole his head unit, his face plate (which he left under the seat No No No ), his $500 Blaupunkt amp, his 12" sub and his 6" Pioneer speakers...they had the time to get everything out, and not get caught at all.

Anyone recommend any good alarms? I was thinking of getting one and using the four speaker locations that I don't use and patch in four screamers from Jaycar so even if my car doesn't attract any attention with the normal alarm its too painful for them to actually stay near it...
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: Car got broken into ! Tue, 03 September 2002 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Preston is in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. I got a Fusion alarm today. Seems pretty good. Tested it out heaps tonight. Im ordering the pager add on for it next week though just for a little extra peace of mind.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Car got broken into ! Tue, 03 September 2002 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much was it dude? Keep us posted on how it is Very Happy
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: Car got broken into ! Tue, 03 September 2002 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was $399 fitted becuase apparently the central locking in the Soarer needs an extra motor for the passenger door. Without it it would have been $299. For the pager option, its an extra $230 fitted. Theres a few extra addons as well, but this seemed to be the only one really worth getting.

Re: Car got broken into ! Tue, 03 September 2002 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is preston where eddie macguire's from?

ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: Car got broken into ! Wed, 04 September 2002 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno, but i doubt it. Preston isn't exctly up market! Between this woman above me who skitzes at her boyfriendS all night, some drug dealer dude who gets belted every week over the road, and now my car, I've decided to move soon to a nicer neighbourhood. Somewhere that has off street parking too!
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Car got broken into ! Wed, 04 September 2002 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frigging theiving scumm
i wreckon you should be aloud to shoot people who damage, steal or rape what is not theres!!!!!!

save the damn tax payers money
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Car got broken into ! Wed, 04 September 2002 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when my brother had my car it got broken into up at the station, they put a screwdriver through the door locks, stole the steeringwheel and boss kit, and the gear knob, managed to break the seat and took the ignition leads, i guess they were hopeing we would leave the car there overnight.

get security door locks, can't pick them and can't unlock them from the inside so they would be left to try and climb through a broken window which i doubt they would do.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car got broken into ! Wed, 04 September 2002 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eddie McGuire is actually from Broad Meadows, which is about as far from up-market as those pricks who took your stuff are!!!

Good to see that even comoing from Broadie you can make it good Shocked
RA23_Sean
Regular

May 2002

Re: Car got broken into ! Wed, 04 September 2002 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep my car was broken into a few weeks ago. I came home from TAFE one monday afternoon thinking I'd go out again later in the arvo. Left my car in the driveway and didn't end up going out. Forgot to put my car under the carport behind the gate overnight. And of course I come out in the morning, door ajar, glovebox open. A few of my cds were taken and they stole 2 lighters from the console. These were probably the same people who broke into my other Celica 4 months ago and stole my 18R-G computer. I used to think my suburb was pretty safe from this sort of shit.

On the same topic of damaging people's cars, I came out of TAFE this monday and found a complete Holden 202 head sitting under the passenger side of my car. Had I not noticed it, the underside of my car would have been pretty bent. Shit like that pisses me off.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Car got broken into ! Wed, 04 September 2002 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and i've left my drivers window down for 2 nights and a whole day (before i got my p's) parked on the front lawn and when i noticed it nothing was missing from the car or anything.
just depends weather there is a wanker nearby at the time who has no respect for other people property.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Car got broken into ! Wed, 04 September 2002 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one of my friends has now had his car broken into 3 times at 3 different locations.
Once in Beecroft (for anyone who doesn't know sydney... it's a posh suburb where old people go to die)
once in winston hills (just down the road from the old toymods meeting place - bull n bush)
and once in the eastern suburbs... once again up market.

Admittedly his car draws attention (1983 EXA with big body kit & wheels) but to get broken into 3 times ... and twice they stole nothing, just messed up the car, bent the door frame, and smashed a few windows.
strober
Regular

June 2002
icon8.gif  Re: Car got broken into ! Wed, 04 September 2002 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shoot the phückers. they cant be bothered working to buy themselves nice things they gotta go and steal it from people who break their backs working
9-5 EVERYDAY. Mad man, i'd permanently cripple the theiving shits right hand in my door jamb if i caught him in my car. some things should be kept sacred. Confused there is no excuse that can be accepted for breaking into someones car, no exemptions. shoot them, send them to hell and let the mighty creator decide what to do with them. there is nothing worse than coming home after slaving and sweating away at work to find your car raped and voilated Crying or Very Sad
i work damn hard to make my car look good and the last thing i need is some poor, disrespectful, five fingered weasel stealing what
i've slaved over to earn. Sad
i'd be glad to cripple all your theiving, raping illegitimate SOBs Evil or Very Mad the moral to this rant is "show respect and earn respect" other wise Twisted Evil club lock fellatio, n'joi!
jazae86
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Car got broken into ! Wed, 04 September 2002 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ytri, can you get back to us about how well theose pager's work.
Anyone know?
I was thinking of offloading my alarm and getting pager alarm but looking at the spec of most of them, walk into a building and no reception from the car. Most are 1km 'line of sight' reception.

Jaz
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

icon14.gif  Public Lynchings I reackon Wed, 04 September 2002 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I turned the sensitivity of my alarm down in the wet season as it went off countless times in every storm. Mad Some bastards decided to break 2 windows (rear RHS & front LHS) didn't enter the vehicle (otherwise it would of set off the alarm), and rummaged through my glovebox only to steal nothing. It cost me $360 to get it repaired just so some loser/s can have their fun. Five minutes after I drove it out of windscreens O'Brien it started pouring so I am gald I got it fixed in time.

PS If you are looking at starting a business, start one that replaces windscreens and windows as they seem to always be needed. Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 04 September 2002 14:02]

decoy654
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Car got broken into ! Wed, 04 September 2002 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those bastards... My brothers girlfriend parked her mirage on the street one night and in the morning, we went out and they had stolen her bonnet ($700-mitsu), both headlights and blinkers ($550 each) and cut her radiator hoses and unmounted it, didn't have time to take it out by the looks of it, and also half way through unbolting her front bumper and quarter panels.... Now what kind of crazy f#*$ers would do that??? I can't beleive it happened out the front of my house either!

I just hate it when people key cars... i had my rear quarter keyed in an almost immac paint job and i felt like killing someone... Found out some car painters do that to cars in their area to hopefully boost business Mad

-Matt
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: Car got broken into ! Wed, 04 September 2002 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jazae86 - The pager is coming next week, so i'll let you know then. They guy that sold it to me said the range is 1km normally, but in builings and heavy built up areas, it drops to about 500m range. The only "dangerous place I park my car is outside my house so even 50m would be fine for me! Just as long as I know whats happening, so I can smack the guy across the head a few times! I've actually found my self going to bed with my shoes next to my bed, and my amplifier ground cable (trust me one whp with that really hurts!!!) next to them.

Im not even upset about the CD player anymore, now its just the pain they've caused me trying to change the window and regulator!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Car got broken into ! Fri, 06 September 2002 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not car related, but....

last night, some worthless little bastards broke into our local chruch and stole $26000 worth of my brother's sound gear.
Man, if I could get my hands on them....
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Car got broken into ! Fri, 06 September 2002 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jezzz I did'nt know organs were worth that much Razz
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Car got broken into ! Fri, 06 September 2002 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven, that is shocking to hear
decoy, those mirage freaks should burn in hell

When i got my AW11, I got the full alarm system installed, about 2 days after I got it. I can Thank dad for that Very Happy

Still, jealousy runs high when people walk past my car.
Big key line on front right 3q panel
Bent antenna

Mad Mad Mad AARRGGHH!!!!! Mad Mad Mad
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Car got broken into ! Sat, 07 September 2002 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luckily my car has never been broken into, but countless friends of mine have, VL commie: pop out the lock and tried to take out his head unit, 1990 excel: $1500 of stereo equip (head, amp and subs) and thats just recently
i have had ppl put a nail under my tyre so when i reverse i pop it myself, i think it was dicks that i knew at school
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Car got broken into ! Sat, 07 September 2002 01:26 Go to previous message
cool1 : close Razz
2 x 1500watt front of house speakers
1 x 24 channel mixing desk
15 x assorted microphones (including a lapel mic)

plus a whole bunch of other stuff.. sound cabling, pre-amps, cd player .. etc etc.

so if anyone sees a rexy/excel/civic pumping out 3000watts of crappy music, grab their numberplate for me Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ToyMods Demographics - Age (Please participate)
Next Topic:Any Apprentice mechanic ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:33:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069320201873779 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.