Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Simpsons vs Futurama (3) 1 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Simpsons vs Futurama Wed, 28 April 2004 11:33 Go to next message

Which is better??[ 72 vote(s) ]
1.Futurama 29 / 40%
2.Simpsons 43 / 60%

Just wondering what you think is the better show?

Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Wed, 28 April 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a bucket before, plenty of chips during and a few buckets afterwards to sooth the pain of laughter...
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Wed, 28 April 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
both good shows but i think the simpsons are better Very Happy
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Wed, 28 April 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Futurama

coz all 4 seasons where very funny

whereas simpsons as gone downhill
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Wed, 28 April 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are both just as good as each other. Drag Futurama on as long as the Simpsons and it's bound to get a bit boring.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Wed, 28 April 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Futurama is pretty damn good but I dont think it can last 14+ years. Futurama appeals to a smaller age bracket.

cheers
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Wed, 28 April 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simpsons all the way every day. Smile
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Thu, 29 April 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Simpsons is pure genius. It is one of those shows that can be watched by virtually anyone.

It has the stupid humour from Bart, Nelson and the bullies which is attractive to the younger audience. It has the political satire and social comment that is missed on the young audience but is extremely humuorous to the adult audience.

If you name any social issue, the Simpsons have covered it in at least one or more episodes.

The only reason that I don't watch it EVERY day is because I find that I have seen many episodes three or more times. Razz
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Thu, 29 April 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 09:39

Simpsons all the way every day. Smile

what he said Smile
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Thu, 29 April 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you for got one FAMILY GUY now that show is funny
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Thu, 29 April 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Simpsons is just so much smarter than Futurama. More thought goes into it. And there is more variety and depth to the characters.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Thu, 29 April 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
homer simpson rules! Very Happy
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Thu, 29 April 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simpsons rock, all the way.

family guy is funny but for a much higher age bracket
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Thu, 29 April 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Family guy rocks...the baby is a crackup

i love the simpsons...it's a little hard to compare a show thats been around for so long with something as relatively fresh as futurama is. If both only just came out i'd prolly pick simpsons
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Thu, 29 April 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love all 3 mentioned...

The evil monkey off Family Guy is so bloody awesome. Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Thu, 29 April 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check out aqua teen hunger force for a laugh
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Thu, 29 April 2004 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simpsons will always be the best Very Happy

family guy is hella funny aswell Razz
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Thu, 29 April 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
king of the hill is pretty good too...the episodes just get better & better

another abstract show some of you guys might know is The Oblongs...kinda like that show Quads that used to be on sbs

funny stuff
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Thu, 29 April 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simpsons wins for me, but mostly because of more exposure, i rate futurama when i get to see it which is hardly ever.

As for simpsons being much smarter than futurama, I'm not sure this is a good call... I found that the gap in the middle is bigger in futurama. ie the random dumb shit, while funny is very dumb (much more than simpsons) - but the higher level satire is something which may be missed by many (in the simpsons it is normally pretty obvious).
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Fri, 30 April 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 11:53

The Simpsons is pure genius. It is one of those shows that can be watched by virtually anyone.

It has the stupid humour from Bart, Nelson and the bullies which is attractive to the younger audience. It has the political satire and social comment that is missed on the young audience but is extremely humuorous to the adult audience.

If you name any social issue, the Simpsons have covered it in at least one or more episodes.

The only reason that I don't watch it EVERY day is because I find that I have seen many episodes three or more times. Razz

have to agree on that one Smile the simpsons can still make me kac rolf .... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Fri, 30 April 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the simpsons can never be topped really. they are invincable. i doubt there are any other cartoon on TV that has been repeated so many times (except pokemon of course. stupid bullshit shows), and still watched by millions!

however, the fact that futurama is just so damn funny, and is in my opinion one of only 2 cartoons that have ever come close to achieving the comic genius of the simpsons. the other cartoon beeing "FAMILY GUY" of course. futurama has to be up there with the best!!!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Fri, 30 April 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Futurama cause its generally always really fucking funny where as the simpsons is awesomely funny when its funny... or just entertaining when its not. futurama has more avenues to be funny aswell not being based around a family or anything.
Baby on family guy IS jesus
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Sat, 01 May 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a silly poll - It's obvious that Simpsons is completely superior in every way hehehe
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Sat, 01 May 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Sat, 01 May 2004 11:48

What a silly poll - It's obvious that Simpsons is completely superior in every way hehehe

just look at the poll the simpsons rule! Very Happy
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Sat, 01 May 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Futurama is just hilarious in its own silly way... But simpsons seem to be half as funny due to their age and amount of episodes repeted, still 2 of the best shows ever..

Did someone say Family guy?? THAT SHOW IS AWESOME...
I've seen the whole of season 3 on dvd, funniest shit in the world that is!!! it appeals to a bit of an older age bracket due to the slight amount of language and type of jokes (takes a bit more thinking to understand the jokes, but are funnier in the long run)

Regards
SR TWINCAM!
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Tue, 04 May 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
50 more episodes of Family Guy are due out at the end of this year. I can't wait, cos the first 50 were absolute gold. Much better than any cartoon I've ever seen.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Tue, 04 May 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMPSONS all the way...Never get sick of it Embarassed
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Fri, 07 May 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chalk and cheese - you just fucken cant compare the two!!
Nightwatchman
Newcomer

May 2004

Re: Simpsons vs Futurama Sun, 09 May 2004 12:42 Go to previous message
simpsons,
more simplistic humour Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:city v's country
Next Topic:New Vigilante Group
Goto Forum: