Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Wed, 28 April 2004 10:50 Go to next message
Hey all,

I'm a fan of the digital dash in the MA70s, but many cars do not have them... so I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to grab the digital dash from a MA70 half cut and put it in an analog dash MA70? Would there be much work / conversion / cost involved?

Going even further... is it possible to take a digital dash from a MA70 and transplant it into a JZA70 for example?
I guess what i'm trying to get at with this question, is are the JZA70 and MA70 the same basic car, that will accept parts from each other? ie, can i take a leather seat from a MA70 and put that in a JZA70 too? and would this go as far as things like inner door skins, dash panels, etc etc?

PS. I do understand that to change from analog to digital dash, there will be some adjustments needed, ie all the connections from the dash to the engine, etc will need to be changed... but could they simply be taken from the donor MA70 with the dash itself?

Thanks to anyone that can help,

Tom Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2004 10:52]

Send a private message to this user    
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Wed, 28 April 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a mz20 soarer! these used a digital dash as well but in a different design/ format!
i know that they run from a independant lil "black box " .. coz its like a computer screen.. a mirror image from the underside of the top of the dash!.. amazing stuff
anyway..
yeah.. i don't think there was real any difference between the jza70 and the mz70.. apart from the obivious.

why wouldn't they fit!
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Wed, 28 April 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i don't know the supra dashes but i put a corona digital dash into my corona and all i did was pull out the existing dash and wires and put the new ones in and it worked (except the fuel sender signal which i need a new one)
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Wed, 28 April 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that's what I'm hoping... that there wasn't any big differences...

Thanks for the replies guys, hopefully someone sees this that has had some experience with the supra dashes. Smile

Cheers,

Tom
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Wed, 28 April 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...its not a simple process !!

[ == === === == ] < -- actual image ( screen )
// // // / // <-- projects image down on angle!!
[ ] <--- mirror!!

its not simple.. ur probably gonna have to replace the whole half of the dash with the donor digital one !
top and all!
i just know!! i just looked on mine.. its a ..data screen built into the underside of the top lip of the dash behind the steering wheel
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Wed, 28 April 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure that's the same for the Mk3 supras? From what i've seen it looks like they're direct digital screens, no mirrors etc...

Thanks for your help
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Wed, 28 April 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there actually VFD Vacuume Fluorescent Display with a bit of smoked glass infront of it, Very 80's Darth vader love child, but i like it Smile

Allan
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Wed, 28 April 2004 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Out of interest, which MA70s copped the digital dash, ie was is after a certain year, certain trim level, what?
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Thu, 29 April 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All Australian delivere MA70s had the Analog dash. Only import MA70-s had the digital dash. Every 7M powered model except the turbo A had it. The 1JZ and 1G models came with either dash in Japan. HTH
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Thu, 29 April 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys,

Anyone else got any more info on them? specifically the compatibility between them all?

Tom.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Thu, 29 April 2004 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well have a look on the net and see if you can find a picture of one, otherwise see if you can get your hands on one by looking around at wreakers(doubt it) in the paper and see for yourself.
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Fri, 30 April 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found some pictures of them... but i'm still not sure if they will be compatible with non-digidash MA70s or JZA70s Razz

Any one? Smile

Cheers,

Tom
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Sat, 01 May 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My guess is that the connectors are going to be different so its going to involve some re wiring, also I am under the impression the fuel sender unit is not compatible between the two dashboards

Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Sat, 01 May 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohh ok... so basically if i had a whole front cut of a MA70 with digital dash, i could swap all the parts over?

Cheers everyone,

Tom
rebbot
Regular

October 2003
Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Sun, 02 May 2004 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope mate from what I know...Usually the front cuts does not come with the fuel sensor needed to detect the fuel level. So unless you want to put in a aftermarket fuel guage or you can keep guessing when you need fuel.

I wanted to transplant in a digi dash that I got a couple of months ago but found that the fuel sensor was missing. I went over to toyota and they could not even supply one so I gave up. I still have the digi dash if you are still interested. Smile
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Sun, 02 May 2004 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, thanks mate... I'll let you know if i need the digi dash from you... what sorta price would you be looking at letting go of it for?

So do you know for sure, that if i find a fuel sensor from a supra with digital dash, i can transplant it without too much hassle into a non digidash MA70? do you know if that's the same for a JZA70?

Thanks for the help,

Tom
rebbot
Regular

October 2003
Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Mon, 03 May 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine is a GA70 and I have got a digi dash from a GA71, thus it defintely fits. Having said that, my mate in japan says the GA and MA series are the same except for the engine capacity that's all as they are designed in the same era.

I am not too sure about the JZA70 as I have seen lots of GA and MA with digi however not sat in a JZA yet. Smile
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: Mk3 Supra dash conversions (analog -> digidash etc) Mon, 03 May 2004 07:23 Go to previous message
Ok cool, thanks for that info... I'm going to have a look around and see if i can find a fuel pump from a wrecked GA/MA supra with digidash. Smile

Tom.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:OEM lips from different cars to an AE86
Next Topic:Help with offset question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 18:37:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064630508422852 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.