Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » what supercharger can I use??????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wacked1
Occasional Poster

April 2004
what supercharger can I use?????? Wed, 28 April 2004 09:35 Go to next message
I am looking at an SC14 super charger it comes off a 1G GZE Toyota engine the shop selling it say it can probably work on nearly any car. Does anyone know if this can be run on a carbied engine or only on an EFI engine? I can purchase it any day for $250, then get it adapted to fit the engine. Seems like a cheap alternative to turbo charging. It came off the 2.? L 6 cylinder engine. Do not worry about engine size all I want to know is can it be run with a carbie. I spoke to Mike of Custom Bugs and Busses and they are running a different type of supercharger theirs is the 4AGZE and will only run on EFI engines. or are there other types of S/C that i can use?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
wacked1

Send a private message to this user    
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what supercharger can I use?????? Wed, 28 April 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can use it on a carbed engine.
Probably the best way would be in suck-through config, but that will be slightly harder to setup than blow-though.
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: what supercharger can I use?????? Wed, 28 April 2004 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suck thru is the easiest way to supercharge your car
just have the carbie feed straight into the charger then straight into the inlet manifiold. it just needs a bit of custom fabrication to fit it and then some dyno time to rejet the carbie
its a simple slightly crude way of doing things but its certainly effective at making your car go harder Very Happy
hope you dont mind killing your fuel economy
wacked1
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: what supercharger can I use?????? Wed, 28 April 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys thanks for the info. A guy sent me this, is this correct? I have no idea when it comes to a S/C.

Get a turbo blow off valve and fit it between the carb and the supercharger, convecting the vacuum line to the intake manifold. This would be critical, otherwise the pressure produced when the supercharger is producing boost would blow apart the carb (massive pressure spike), when the throttle is closed after reving the engine. It would sound real cool too!

the fuel consumption doesn't bother me as you will see my car is a V8 VW Kombi.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 May 2004 00:20]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what supercharger can I use?????? Wed, 28 April 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unless your V8 is around 2 litres capacity, the SC14 will be operating well outside it's efficiency range.

Look for an Eaton M90 (even that might be a bit small depending on the capacity of your V8) or something else. M90's come up not infrequently on Ebay.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: what supercharger can I use?????? Sun, 09 May 2004 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you put a superchager on any engine? 2s-c ? Rolling Eyes
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what supercharger can I use?????? Sun, 09 May 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wacked1 wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 09:40

Guys thanks for the info. A guy sent me this, is this correct? I have no idea when it comes to a S/C.

Get a turbo blow off valve and fit it between the carb and the supercharger, convecting the vacuum line to the intake manifold. This would be critical, otherwise the pressure produced when the supercharger is producing boost would blow apart the carb (massive pressure spike), when the throttle is closed after reving the engine. It would sound real cool too!

he's trying Wink

if you have carb AFTER the supercharger, the supercharger will always be pushing the maximum amount of air it can (1.4L per rev for the SC14) since there is nothing to stop it doing otherwise.

any time you are not using WOT, you will need to vent the air somewhere.

this massive pressure spike will happen any time you have high rpm and closed throttle.. heck even normal rpm with closed throttle if you don't vent air somewhere.

if you are usng a carb, use a proper carb set up for blowthru..

but why not just use EFI? so much easier.

and as discussed recently, an SC14 will not suffice for a V8 (even a rover) due to it's small size (ie good for 2L, not so good for more)

mmm Eaton is more efficient that toyota blowers too.
Cya, Stewart
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what supercharger can I use?????? Sun, 09 May 2004 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Mon, 10 May 2004 06:19

can you put a superchager on any engine? 2s-c ? Rolling Eyes

you can put an SC on a fridge if you want to Wink

if you hook it up correctly with brackets and belts, ducting for the pressurised air etc, AND give the motor the correct AFR afterwards.. why not?

Cya, Stewart
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: what supercharger can I use?????? Mon, 10 May 2004 17:10 Go to previous message
stop putting ideas into my head Surprised
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:most likely a "newbie" question. but, worth spending money on new headers+extracors to a 5
Next Topic:RamFlo Air filters????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 05:20:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048978328704834 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.