Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What sort of clutch?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
What sort of clutch? Thu, 29 April 2004 07:18 Go to next message
OK, needing new clutch for the sprinter, as i'm halfway through the conversion from 4a-c to 4AGZE. i've got the 100kw flywheel and bits, but the clutch is so gone it's not funny, i was thinking of going a toyota item as i've been told they last a while with minimal problems. but i want somthing thats not going to blow the bank and last a while, with a few track days in there too. Any ideas? Prices? Thanks, Justin
  Send a private message to this user    
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What sort of clutch? Thu, 29 April 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Give daikin clutch a call on (03)97015556 they have a clutch to suit just about everything and every application, espcially jap cars.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: What sort of clutch? Thu, 29 April 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can get you a heavy duty Extreme Clutch for 220 brand new, thats everything in the kit Razz
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: What sort of clutch? Thu, 29 April 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a modified pivot point heavy duty clutch plate with 4 puck ceramic brass plate good for 300hp behind my GZE and thats on a 200mm flywheel (smaller than yours) its in FWD format but it would be the same/similar setup to what your looking at.
ive got no problem with the feel of the pedal (some people whinge brass buttons are heavy and on/off) it slips really easily to get of the line but hold tight when you want it. i like it anyway!
i got the whole setup including machining the flywheel for close to $450. for the little bit extra i think its worth having a clutch that i know im not going to stuff in a hurry
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: What sort of clutch? Thu, 29 April 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SprinterBoy, go have a chat to a clutch place in fyshwick. Ill find the name for you a bit later. They are good with 4As and stock daikin/exedy. Bit expensive though.
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: What sort of clutch? Thu, 29 April 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-MrRx7
If you can get me a clutch buy saturday morning, that is on my doorstep then yea, but as i'm in canberra it really aint going to happen till maybe NEXT saturday. Thanks anyway, i'll keep you in mind if things go wrong.

Alainve
Thats the sort of package i was looking at, again people tell me brass buttons are a pain, i've driven a 13BT RX7 it was crappy in stop start traffic but great on the open bits.

takai

The sooner the better, coz if i havent got something buy midday saturday i'm going to go insane, car's been off the road too long! (2weeks) otherwise i'll just have to go do some shopping.

Thanks again for the help.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: What sort of clutch? Thu, 29 April 2004 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think any of them will keep them in stock. Even the clutch place in fyshwick.
Sounds like your best bet is a Daikin/Exedy HD clutch for your engine. Dont worry about a brass button, for your budget its too harsh. I have one on my GZE and while its not really very harsh it doesnt sound like what you need.

Oh yeah, ive heard that Extreme Performance Clutches are actually rebadged/coloured Daikin/Exedy clutches. So you might want to investigate that too.
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: What sort of clutch? Thu, 29 April 2004 22:56 Go to previous message
Cool i'll have to look into that, I really want a clutch that can take a beating, i'm a kind driver round town, but as soon as i get a chance to give it a boot full i usally do, as i work all night and sleep all day(most days) i have not to worry bout traffic issues. budget is about 300ish for clutch/plate and flywheel to be machined i'm willing to go more as i have the cash but i don't wanna go crazy on something and have no money for anything else.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1G-GTE into Sprinter????
Next Topic:2r parts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 04:38:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057330131530762 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.