Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
moving to S/E QLD Sat, 24 April 2004 13:23 Go to next message
Hi I am moving up to s/e qld near ipswich in a couple of months and was wondering if there are any good performance places out that way
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: moving to S/E QLD Sat, 24 April 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your moving anywhere near ipswich you probably wont have your car long enough to need a performance shop anyway Rolling Eyes

/me runs and hides Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: moving to S/E QLD Sun, 25 April 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
racebits is all i could find doing a search on the telstra yellow pages directory don't know what there like though as i have never been there (haven't been to ipswich for years and don't really want to go there again) its in silkstone. there would have to be more
TRD-75
Regular

July 2003
Re: moving to S/E QLD Sun, 25 April 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try In-bred Racing. Ipswich's finest Razz
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: moving to S/E QLD Sun, 25 April 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-75 wrote on Sun, 25 April 2004 20:18

Laughing
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: moving to S/E QLD Sun, 25 April 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 25 April 2004 20:18

TRD-75 wrote on Sun, 25 April 2004 20:18

Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Thank guy's but I not going to ipswich I will be moving to locker waters

Mick
Are there any good places in toowoomba I would prefure to drive up there than to ipswich
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: moving to S/E QLD Sun, 25 April 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG - do you mean Lockyer Waters? which is in the Lockyer Valley? which is below Toowoomba? and is about half way between Toowoomba and Ipswich?

<pauses>

why?

... as a former student of the Uni at Toowoomba, the few things that part of the world had going for it was:
-cheap food
-cheap pubs (kind of)
-cheap rent
-cheap uni (at the time)
-relatively short drive to brisbane (5 adults in a galant)
-local hicks were too stupid to realise all of the above was the only reason we lived there

the Lockyer district is only a short drive from the thriving metropolis of Toowoomba and Gatton is the town in the centre of it.

good luck Wink
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: moving to S/E QLD Mon, 26 April 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Sun, 25 April 2004 23:15

OMG - do you mean Lockyer Waters? which is in the Lockyer Valley? which is below Toowoomba? and is about half way between Toowoomba and Ipswich?

<pauses>

why?

... as a former student of the Uni at Toowoomba, the few things that part of the world had going for it was:
-cheap food
-cheap pubs (kind of)
-cheap rent
-cheap uni (at the time)
-relatively short drive to brisbane (5 adults in a galant)
-local hicks were too stupid to realise all of the above was the only reason we lived there

the Lockyer district is only a short drive from the thriving metropolis of Toowoomba and Gatton is the town in the centre of it.

good luck Wink

Laughing hate toowoomba planning to move out of that hole hopefully around this time next year too many cowboy utes getting around the place (don't forget commodores as well!)

Siktoy ra23 I hear autozone are good for parts but not sure but they reckon if they don't have it they can get it (there words in an advetisenent I read not mine) there a other perfomance places as well to choose from as well like hi flo perfomance there are a few here but can't really say as I haven't really been bothered getting them to do anything to my car as I am happy with the camrys performance (i would like better but not over kill) for exhaust I recommened either coughrans auto center because of a cheap quote I got to get my exhaust done and a wonderfull job they did on a mate of mines gemini and also i recommened as well muffler kings cheap as well and did a lovely job on me ute when i had it as i said before i can't really say if there are any good ones here but havent hered anything nasty about thoses places if you wan't more info gives us yell and i'll see what i can do for you

cheers

michael
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: moving to S/E QLD Mon, 26 April 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how about in brissie any good performance places and how about drag racing is it like sydney with one every week or what.

And last thing is there any one up there that can dyno a car PROPERLY
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: moving to S/E QLD Mon, 26 April 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drags are at willowbank: <www.willowbank-raceway.com.au/>
also sometimes at the fassifern carclub @ kalbar
possibly elsewhere?

get a copy of "Queensland Street Car" magazine <www.drivepublishing.com.au> - has a list of clubs at the back and info about regular events

as for dyno - a few folks have suggested redcliffe dyno - but who know? not me...
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: moving to S/E QLD Tue, 27 April 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have recently come across a new performance workshop in hamilton...

The staff are really helpfull and polite...

They are getting a Dyno very soon...

Their website is http://www.option1garage.com.au

Very good
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: moving to S/E QLD Tue, 27 April 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey siktoy

Terry OBeirne is a toymodder based out that way...redbank plains...i think he owns a workshop...at the very least he'd be able to point out a few places

theres heaps of places in brissy...Performance Motorsport, Crossley Street & Race, HMS Automotive, Chapman & Chapman, Option1 etc etc
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: moving to S/E QLD Wed, 28 April 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have herd a roumer that it is hard to find someone that can dyno a car properly up there (mainly EMS) is this correct?
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: moving to S/E QLD Thu, 29 April 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is one guy who has a Dyno and a really good rep for Dyno tuning cars..

The Dyno doesn't do printouts but he is a fantastic tuner and is an ex race mechanic...

His name is Mike Vine and hes located out the back of capalaba, the company name is Mike Vine Turbo...

Friend had his S13 tuned out there and it was like driving a completely different car (tons more power)
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: moving to S/E QLD Thu, 29 April 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So if I move up there I should buy a dyno and start tuning car's, after all us new south welshmen know how to tune a car Very Happy
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: moving to S/E QLD Fri, 30 April 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yar.... just a pity the driving isn't up to scratch... Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: moving to S/E QLD Fri, 30 April 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86-Levin wrote on Fri, 30 April 2004 10:38

Yar.... just a pity the driving isn't up to scratch... Laughing

Laughing but new southwelshmen drivers wouldn't be no where nere as bad as the drivers in toowoomba! I swear to god alot of people drive in a trance here
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: moving to S/E QLD Wed, 27 October 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sorry to have to do this but ive live in ipswich and well we park 6 cars in our front yard and have neva had a problem with them bein stolen unless u park at a train station.

as for performance shops u would have better luck with finding one on the moon.

one more thing if ur eva in ipswich neva piss neone off as they will destroy your car, spray piant ur letter box, rock/egg your house and steal your dog

thats my 2 cents

laterdays
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: moving to S/E QLD Wed, 27 October 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilcrash wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 13:39

but i live in ipswich

Im sorry to hear that I hope you get out of there soon Freak
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: moving to S/E QLD Wed, 27 October 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so we are the two headed city and the city of pubs and churches. but still everyone knows where it is so cant be that bad
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: moving to S/E QLD Thu, 28 October 2004 00:33 Go to previous message
I have also heard that nobody in brissy area can tune EMS's? I really don't know why this is. I suppose your best bet for tuning most cars would be chiptorque or redcliffe dyno and performance.

so have you moved yet? Wouldn't mind seeing your car some time Smile Sounds like a bit of a beast.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20v trumpets?
Next Topic:if it rattles...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:03:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064129829406738 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.