Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » screwed computer monitor display question (hard n longish)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
screwed computer monitor display question (hard n longish) Fri, 30 April 2004 12:54 Go to next message
Hey,

i tried running my comptuer through my tv for fun, but now my display size on my monitor is the same size as it was on the tv (ie each icon is about an inch by an inch big on my desktop.

Here is the tricky bit, when i increase the screen resoluion, rather than the icons getting smaller (as happens on a normal monitor) the icons and the AREA of the screen actually increase in size. by size i mean that to fit what is actually being displayed youd need about 4 monitors (or a tv) to display the whole picture, only 1/4 or less of the picture will display at once on the screen.

the one dodgy thing i did is because XP isnt configured to display resolutions below 800 by 600 pixels, i when into settings and advanced then adapter, and clicked list all modes, and then applied 640*480 (tv's can only run a maxium of 640*480) then clicked ok and it displayed that resloution on the TV, which it was plugged into at the time, only problem now that i want to run my monitor again its still displaying on tv sized boudaries

so in an attempt to fix this i: changed all my display settings over and over. nothing happened

reinstalled my video card drivers, nothing happened

couldnt find my monitor drivers (but the shoulnt have changed should they? by plugging a tv in.

comptuer is running ATI RADEON 9700 and a diamond pro 17inch monitor

HELP ME!!!

i need view of my full desktop back..
  Send a private message to this user    
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: screwed computer monitor display question (hard n longish) Fri, 30 April 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try borrowing a different brand video card and installing that

Allan
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: screwed computer monitor display question (hard n longish) Fri, 30 April 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Fri, 30 April 2004 23:28

Try borrowing a different brand video card and installing that

Allan

well i can rip an older one out of my other machine (the one im using the internet on right now) but i dont really see the use of that..

unless your saying the video cards broken, but im not so sure its hardware problem cos i can still run everything else as normal games and shit, its just that i can only see part of the picture at once.

not that i dont doubt that it would probably fix it but id like to keep using this video card
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: screwed computer monitor display question (hard n longish) Fri, 30 April 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its not the monitor, i used a different monitor and installed the drivers for that and it was still stuffed so i guess its the video card then.

but its it a hardware problem or just configuration?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: screwed computer monitor display question (hard n longish) Fri, 30 April 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does XP recognise that you've got a hi-res monitor attached?

and what refresh rate are U using - something near 75hz? maybe having right resolution but off refresh might be confusing the monitor?

but it might help to ascertain that problem is card OR monitor ... a process of elimination my dear Watson...
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: screwed computer monitor display question (hard n longish) Fri, 30 April 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trying to run 800x600 85hz 32bit colour at the moment, and its not the monitor/monitor drivers i tried my other one and its drivers
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: screwed computer monitor display question (hard n longish) Fri, 30 April 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh thank god,

reinstalling the video card drivers didnt work

but uninstalling them and reinstalling them somehow managed to work

now im back to 1280*1024 32bit @85 hertz eye soothing goodness

fucking this took me half the week to figure out
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: screwed computer monitor display question (hard n longish) Sun, 02 May 2004 01:04 Go to previous message
I think you'll find Windows XP has a 'rollback' feature in regards to drivers that you can always use in times like these to check if it is a case of corrupted/pissed off drivers. If you 'rollback' and things suddenly work, then delete the latest drivers and re-install them.

P.S. ATI release new drivers almost every few weeks so you could probably download even newer ones by now anyway, I think the latest drivers are possible less than a week old. Sometimes, new drivers will also help with problems like this so that next time you plug the TV in, it doesn't screw the driver's head.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what to buy mum for mothers day ?
Next Topic:xl for sale
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 19:39:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036001205444336 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.