Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vid??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Fri, 30 April 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can do a reference between any two points. Moving or not.

I chose the 2nd reference (not the 20btt ae86) to be something moving near by that can be seen, so the truck was an easy pick you could also do it with anything that is moving relative to the video camera.

This is why you can not reference from the 2nd car (standard ae86 or whatever it is) because it is not moving relative to the camera, and of course if you sped up the movie it would look like it accelerates faster because you have a 0 velocity for one of the points.

If you don't understand go to the monash book shop, and buy the notes for the subject code mec2440 (applied mechanics).
  Send a private message to this user    
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Fri, 30 April 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charliechalk wrote on Fri, 30 April 2004 20:34

This is why you can not reference from the 2nd car (standard ae86 or whatever it is) because it is not moving relative to the camera, and of course if you sped up the movie it would look like it accelerates faster because you have a 0 velocity for one of the points.

thats what i was saying, because watching the video, your point of reference is the camera, which is in the second car. so speeding it up would make it looked like it accelerated faster (what you just said)

so we are in agreeance that if your point of reference is the camera (which it is when your watching the video) it will look like the other car is accelerating away faster if you sped the video up. (i hope)

if im still wrong feel free to correct..

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Fri, 30 April 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can some host two small vid of my 217 at the wheels sprinter going down the front straight of sandown vs a 130 at the wheels sprinter . i think you will see the difference ...
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Fri, 30 April 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll tell you what your missing, as I've said twice now YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THE CAR WITH THE VIDEO AS A REFERENCE.

What I've been saying is that you reference from something moving.

But yes if you use one of the reference points as the trailing sprinter it will look like it's accelerating faster, that's because in theory the sprinter with the camera is not moving.

Example of how to find the acceleration. (It's just adding vectors)

Lets name the truck a and the 20btt sprinter b

now the acceleration Aa = Ab + Aa/b

It doesn't matter if you speed the video up, because if you change the velocities it will not affect the acceleration of a (the truck) with respect to b (the 20btt sprinter) (Aa/b)

In other words as the sprinter goes past the truck no matter what factor you times the velocity by the rate of which the velocity changes while passing the truck is still the same.

OK?

And just incase you missed it.

REFERENCING TO THE ORIGIN(VIDEO CAMERA) IS NOT NEEDED TO DETERMINE ACCELERATION.

Sorry admins but he did ask for an explanation. And I do hope that this has cleared up what I've been trying to say all along.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Fri, 30 April 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote
Sorry admins but he did ask for an explanation. And I do hope that this has cleared up what I've been trying to say all along.[/quote]

who ?
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Fri, 30 April 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Speeding up a video doesn't change the acceleration in reference to moving objects, only to objects that aren't moving.

hrm my brain must have been broken before, dont worry i get it now

sorry if i was being frustrating!

Smile

Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Sat, 01 May 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats crazy, thats like something you would see in a cartoon.. hmm freaked me out Razz
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Sat, 01 May 2004 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so whats the conclusion? its real or it isnt...............
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Sat, 01 May 2004 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've showed this clip to a japanese guy..and he told me he recognize one of the guy in the clip who was a GT500 driver...

i'm not sure whether its GT500 or something similar...by looking at the white lines that seperates the roads into lane..it seems to be longer than the normal ones...thefore the car speeding at 180km/h might look like going at 100km/h +/-

my 2 cents..i think its a super fast car....may it be 20b or not....those guys in that 2nd ae86 are just pissing their pants off...

2cents
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Sat, 01 May 2004 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes manabu orido, d1 judge and gt500 drifver is in the following car
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Sat, 01 May 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
real.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Sun, 02 May 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I starting to think its real
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Sun, 02 May 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can't believe that it generated 4 pages (for me) of shite!!!

i guess thats what happens when you question either:

ROTARY POWAH

or

AE86 DORIFTO POWAH

Laughing

it's on the internet, it MUST be real Wink

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Sun, 02 May 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look ppl

that little clip is from an option dvd

option dont usually lie or make things up, and orido is there, so im sure this is all legit.

just accept the speed of 600ps in a 900kg chassis!! Twisted Evil
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Sun, 02 May 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my question would be...why u guys think its not real? Rolling Eyes
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Sun, 02 May 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon its real.

1. that massive turbo should already be spooled
2. its a rotor, he can achieve acceleration and speeds like that just by winding out one gear.
3. notice how the front car slows down twice, looking like the guy just eased it back into 3rd, let the clutch out slowly, then planted his foot. Hence no traction problems, no chassis squat etc.
4. 600ps in any car is bloody heaps, let alone a sprinter.

cheers

tom.
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Sun, 02 May 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Fri, 30 April 2004 23:01

who ?

Just saying sorry in general for quick reply posts and spam Smile
JapTastic
Newcomer

June 2003

Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Thu, 20 May 2004 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for digging up such an old and tired thread.

The clip is from this video,
http://www.japtastic.com/saf/vidopt75.jpg
Looks fine to me, and it helps to watch it when its not displayed at about the size of a postage stamp.

The trailing camera car is this thing. Option/Active sponsered car. Competes in the OPT2 Cup and whatever the one make 86 series is.
http://www.japtastic.com/saf/opt286.jpg

Definately not gze or gte engine as you can see. 177ps power figure shown here calculated by Dynapack.
http://www.japtastic.com/saf/opt286eng.jpg
Driven by the usual guy who races it (can't remember) with Akira Iida in passenger seat and Manubo Orido sitting on a pillow cushion between cage uprights in the back.

Haven't got any photos/pics of the 20B 86 in question other than what is displayed on the video. I'd gladly make a better copy, but have no idea how to with a VHS tape.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Fri, 21 May 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JapTastic

Good work , finally where that came from Smile
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: Whatever crap you can think of RE:rotaries and rocket cars and other shite WAS:Bogus 20B AE86 vi Sat, 22 May 2004 16:24 Go to previous message
Has anyone even considered the tyres they might be runnning? I mean cmon even if the tyres werent legit who cares? The thing is extremley bloody fast. I believe its real..........
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Went for a ride in the 1UZ powered Sprinter
Next Topic:400 CHEV ta22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 08:29:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075209140777588 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.