Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG - Now with pics

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic

Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG - Now with pics Thu, 10 July 2003 07:16 Go to next message
Me and the Newy Boys went to eastern creek last night with mixed results.
Congrats go to Craig (GIHOOK - 1j powered commodore) on his 12.8 second pass.

Andy had a few issues including oil (not his own) on the track but managed a reel of 13.5's. he was running slicks and was stepping off the plate hard with 7000rpm launches !!!

I run a 14.0 @102mph as my first ever pass at the creek in any car - i was a little nervous - bogged the start badly - and then missed 3rd gear twice ( not an easy change in an r154). i am happy as it all means I know from xperience( this is where the g-tech CAN really help - I know how bad that run would have cost me)That it has a low 13 sec pass in it on street tyres.

My second run was a little more spectacular. Got the launch right this time only to blow my torsen LSD as it climbed on boost after a small bog down. it oiled down the track and refused to be pushed with both rear wheels locked solid.
We towed the car straight back to Newy and will probably be fitted with a fullspool diff (permanentlocker) ASAP !!!

DID anyone get any pics or film of the incident ? or af any of the other runs?

Also looking for footage of my brothers skyline - the brilliant blue r32 skyline.

thanks

Matt

[Updated on: Sun, 20 July 2003 11:32] by Moderator

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Thu, 10 July 2003 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear about your diff. Crying or Very Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Thu, 10 July 2003 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mat, speak to stew, i think he got some footage on hes camera.

what time did u end up getting back to sydney this morning?

u get it off the trailer alright at jamies?

Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Thu, 10 July 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All fixed now.

ALL thanks goes to Jamie Holmes of JT AUTOGAS in cardiff.

Apprently noneof the internals of the diff required unbolting , instead they just poured the remains out onto the ground as if they had been thrown in a bucket. Only one axle was salvaged from the entire rear driveline.

Got back at 5 am, got up at 7.15 for a doctors appointment (another story).

Matt

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Fri, 11 July 2003 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So who's is this then aye?

http://www.realper4mance.com/off_street/09_07_2003/ecr09072003_49.jpg
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Fri, 11 July 2003 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be andrews supra
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Fri, 11 July 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh.. looks like some weight transfer is going on there... Confused
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Sat, 12 July 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear about your diff man... What did Tim run?
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Sat, 12 July 2003 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sik launch andy Wink ...
Real Per4mance
Regular

August 2002
Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Sun, 13 July 2003 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This one?

http://members.optushome.com.au/per4mance/supra.jpg
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Mon, 14 July 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, Matt's one is the Black Supra with the Autostyle stickers on it...
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Thu, 17 July 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bad luck about your diff matt

what happenned to your brother's times
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Thu, 17 July 2003 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane, I can't believe some farked a diff and it wasn't you? I had a bet on with Brenden after seeing you the day the box went back in.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Sat, 19 July 2003 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
built cressida tuff my friend. and done over 370,000k's now.

Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Sun, 20 July 2003 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres the pics.

keep in mind this was a toyota TORSEN LSD, as found in some jza70's and all jza80TT's.

http://www.users.tpg.com.au/yojimbo/busted torsen 1.jpg
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/yojimbo/busted torsen 2.jpg
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/yojimbo/busted torsen 3.jpg

Supposed to be indestructable.... my arse !

Matt

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG Sun, 20 July 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouchies Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad ...

But maybe the diff is unbreakable on a stock motor...

But also think, do you really think the Toyota Hilux is unbreakable??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ...
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG - Now with pics Mon, 21 July 2003 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work on the diff...

A mate has run a good 60+ passes with 8" slicks in his mk3, doing 1.8 60fts and his diff is still in 1 piece, bare in mind it's just a normal clutch pack centre and not a torsen unit.

Obviously the Torsens aren't as strong, or something was up with your centre - it could have had a hard life in japan.

Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG - Now with pics Mon, 21 July 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i think the torsen is perhapps weaker when the tyres completely hook up and the clutch wont slip there is no give at all in the system, whereas a clutch type lsd no matter how tight will have some give.

Andy ( the burgundy jza70) was letting the clutch go at 7000rpm with the micky t drag slicks on and barely spinning a tyre. His diff must have been letting some energy out of the system.

Matt

AE86
Regular

May 2002

Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG - Now with pics Mon, 21 July 2003 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the first picture in this thread, the guy in the red jacket looks as if he's taking a piss.
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG - Now with pics Sat, 01 May 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt register an account ya slack bastard, then email me some pics of your car and some off your passes for the night!

cheers.

Todd.

supraman@iinet.net.au
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Eastern creek last NIght - Supra goes BANG - Now with pics Sun, 02 May 2004 00:26 Go to previous message
fucking necros
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:T-18 conversion
Next Topic:Need someone to web host a supra burnout Vid?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 20:53:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011348009109497 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.