Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Sat, 01 May 2004 09:09 Go to next message
I had seen the new ads for mcdonalds changing quite a bit...
Have they started introducing the new sugar free buns?? coz they taste quite different...

Regards
Adrian
  Send a private message to this user    
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Sat, 01 May 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who cares !

I can't stand any Macca's. I only eat there when i'm desperate.

Cheers
T.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Sat, 01 May 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Less sugar in bunz = remove pickle as it won't almost be confectionary.

It's always been diet food. One look makes me not want to eat.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Sun, 02 May 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SR TWINCAM wrote on Sat, 01 May 2004 19:09

I had seen the new ads for mcdonalds changing quite a bit...
Have they started introducing the new sugar free buns?? coz they taste quite different...

Regards
Adrian

Yes it's all touchy feely good for you like 10 sugars in a coffee is good for you.

They're just going further into the pit of oblivion in my view. Ever since they stopped using styrofoam containers, their "burgers" are just mayonaise rolls these days. If you ever saw that old 1985 blt video that is floating around, you'll see they actually did used to make something that looked like a real burger with real lettuce (not little strips like they have these days).

Their current image is not what should be accepted as what a burger looks like.

You go to the local fish 'n chip shop if you want a real burger, heck, even my local chinese shop makes a real burger with real meat, real bacon, real egg and with a choice of any non-processed vegetables you want. You go to mcdonald's if you want a condensed assortment of crap filled with sauce wrapped in cardboard.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Sun, 02 May 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know a guy who thought that the low fat macca's was a good idea so he went on the Macca's diet and put on 11 kilo's... now he is writing a book about..... Laughing Sad

[Updated on: Sun, 02 May 2004 01:01]

bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Sun, 02 May 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you mean that guy who is making the movie "supersize me"? the guy who ate mcdonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner, and gained 25 pounds, and all sorts of health problems, like liver and kidney damage, and depression.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Sun, 02 May 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked no this is someone else that only ate the lite macca's ...
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Tue, 04 May 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think macca's should stay how it was...it's common sense that their food is fatty. You obviously shouldnt go there if you're on a diet or weigh 400pounds (no offence)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Tue, 04 May 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate to say it, but the guy who went to maccas every day for all meals (he was a researcher incidentally) only proves you shouldn't eat there all the time. the same goes for all fast food.

It's like those fat people who tried to sue maccas (think it was maccas) for making them fat.
if I were the judge, I'd be saying "all you had to do was eat sensible meals and get off your arses and do some exercise"
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Tue, 04 May 2004 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont touch maccas/hungry jacks

one time i ate hungry jacks, and it gave me such bad food poisioning that i had to be quarantined (no im not kidding) it was a reportable disease and it had to be reported to the goverment that i had it or some shit

i was so sick i was shitting bright red blood for a few days (sorry if thats too much info, but those burgers are fucking dirty)

dont eat fast food prepared by teenagers!!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Tue, 04 May 2004 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a fast metabolism - I eat that crap all the time, and never show anything for it. Of course, my arteries are hardening and developing fatty deposits, but that's what the red wine is for Smile
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Wed, 05 May 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the assumption they lead you to that nutritional labelling means that the food is nutritional.

Just cos they tell you what is in it, doesn't mean it isn't crap!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Wed, 05 May 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
assumption is the mother of all fuckups Razz
You're the first person I know to actually mention that possibility... and I think you're right, a lot of people may at the very least be incorrectly influenced. Most people I know are just interested to see exactly how much salt, sugar and carbs are in the food Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Wed, 05 May 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

was so sick i was shitting bright red blood for a few days (sorry if thats too much info, but those burgers are fucking dirty)

Yes that is too much info, and you must be the unluckiest mofo on the planet! They serve like thousands and thousands of meals a day and you ended up in quarantine whilst everyone else just ends up with heart disease Smile

I used to eat *way* too much McDonalds, but nowadays I can't even stand the smell of it, I like 3 nice healthy meals a day instead of fatty snacks and stuff. Plus eating too many processed sugars and food that is high in saturated fats can increase the risk of diabetes.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Wed, 05 May 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 05 May 2004 11:52

assumption is the mother of all fuckups Razz

To assume makes an ASS out of U and ME. Smile

draven wrote on Wed, 05 May 2004 11:52

You're the first person I know to actually mention that possibility... and I think you're right, a lot of people may at the very least be incorrectly influenced. Most people I know are just interested to see exactly how much salt, sugar and carbs are in the food Smile

And knowing this would only reaffirm my decision not to eat this stuff.

If I was going to eat fatty sugary foods (which I do tend to) I would at least choose something which has more flavour than the average inner sole.

Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Wed, 05 May 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked also macca's is minus the nutritional vitamans and minerals that tell us that we are full like REAL food does... so we feel hungry very soon after the meal... they actually take them out for that purpose..... so i'd like to know what nutritional values they put in the food...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Wed, 05 May 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in july 2001 i swore an oath that i would never eat a substantial macdonalds food product ever again.

Thus far i have only had about 5 soft serves and Flurry things and a few cokes. That is all

And that is all there will ever be.

I despise macdonalds.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Wed, 05 May 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, McDonalds is dirty. The only time i ever eat it is if im doing a group long distance trip and the consensus is for maccas. But quite often ive pulled over at the maccas and the KFC/Hungry Jacks up the road. Mainly because even other fast food is better than Maccas.

I do occasionally have it, mainly at Gundagai and Seymour when im just starving hungry and there isnt anything else substantial to eat.

The occasional softserve or sundae too.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Wed, 05 May 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its all a load of shit. Nothing will change, just millions spent on adverts to 'make out' that they have made a whole lot of changes healthwise. Which they haven't.

I will still eat it every now and then though.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Wed, 05 May 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know maccas is dirty and unhealthy so i only eat it out of desperation.
When you have been compleatley smashed the night before maccas can go down well. I tried subway once and it wasn't pretty, possiblye because of the hangover and no food in my gut for the past 24 hours. at least i managed to keep the second 6 inches down.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Wed, 05 May 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 05 May 2004 19:15

in july 2001 i swore an oath that i would never eat a substantial macdonalds food product ever again.

Thus far i have only had about 5 soft serves and Flurry things and a few cokes. That is all

And that is all there will ever be.

I despise macdonalds.

I did pretty much the same thing when they started their touchy feely "salads" campaign.

Too much of an insult to the intelligence that was, so the only things I get from them are 40cent cones and I screw them further with a 10% student discount. Very Happy

And that radio ad gives me the shits too how that chick goes on about putting her hash brown into her mcmuffin, (greaseball paradise right there (vomit)), and then she says she'll also have a berry juice with that, (mmmm... teeth rotting goodness to "make up" for the greaseball she just created).

i'm blowing chunks!
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: What do u reckon of Mc Donalds new approach!! Wed, 05 May 2004 12:22 Go to previous message
Saves your @rse when your really late or hungover. That's about it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What to get for a Birthday (MA70)
Next Topic:Tell me whats wrong
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 17:23:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067811012268066 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.