Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
a police/court matter Sun, 25 April 2004 06:05 Go to next message
Hey people,
Had a friend of mine driving my excel yesterday, we got pulled over for a R.B.T check, i got asked the usual questions on "do i own this vehicle" etc..... The police officer asked me on why my rego plates were 'new' starting with 'Z' so i told him the whole story on how my car was bought unregistered etc. Both officers then proceded to do a chasis and engine number check. Both numbers came up O.k on the computers, but yet they were still determined that this car was a "number job". After much search and finding shit all except a pair of scissors (which i got fined for!!!) they let me off.

Now i have to pay $153 fine for carrying scissors in my car as they could of been used in a violent way. But theres a twist! The scissors were placed clearly in my TAFE bag! Do i have a chance with this matter in court????
  Send a private message to this user    
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: a police/court matter Sun, 25 April 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fight it dude. That's bullshit.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: a police/court matter Sun, 25 April 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate scissors can be used as a weapon but as you say were in your tafe bag at the time students use SCISSORS for verious projects (i know i used to be one) I would fight it are we gunna start fining children in classrooms for using scissors? its ridiculious it's not like you pulled them out and threatened a police officer with it or anything so yeah i'd fight it $153 could pay a extra bill. i personal think its bullshit
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: a police/court matter Sun, 25 April 2004 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You god dam right its bullshit, where in the rule book of life does it say illegal too carry a pair of scissors.

Thats fucked, bullshit, outrageous, id be assamed to be a police officer if i have the power to do something as spastic as that, fined $153 for carrying a pair of scissors in your tafe bag. I think NWA hit the nail on the head.

Now we know some of the little things people get picked on for.

Now tell us the hole story|?

Steve
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: a police/court matter Sun, 25 April 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take it to court and watch the judge laugh at the cop who booked you, that is fucking ridiculous man
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: a police/court matter Sun, 25 April 2004 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the whole story.... damn right im taking it to court.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: a police/court matter Mon, 26 April 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting
at my last appearance at court, one kid was there defending a fine for carrying scissors. The judge did NOT laugh at this (tho admittedly the kid looked like a punk, and was walking down the street when the cops searched him and found scissors).
If it was in your car, in your tafe bag, and there's a reasonable excuse as to why you would need scissors at tafe (shouldn't be too hard to come up with) then I'd be taking it to court. But don't assume you're going to walk out of there ... treat it pretty seriously, or you'll eng up with the fine reduced to $100, then have to pay the $65 in court costs
PooPoo
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: a police/court matter Mon, 26 April 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fight it dude, and do not tell the police that you have a tank of fuel in it. F me; how many acts of arson and grevious bodily harm do you reckon you can manage with 50 litres of petrol? Fuckwits - they shit me.

My 8 yr old son uses scissors to open ice blocks for himself and his younger brother.

Written by YelloRolla - on Johnnies ID - oops.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 April 2004 08:56]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a police/court matter Tue, 27 April 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha.. that is fucking pathetic.. take it to court.. its so stupid
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: a police/court matter Tue, 27 April 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hope the coppers don't find the sciossors in my house i might get fined! Shocked
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: a police/court matter Tue, 27 April 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a small knife(1 inch blade) that i keep with my tools in the car, i think that a screw driver would be more of a threat. I say take it to court and see what happens.

The cop might agrue that it was a consealed weapon, it was in ur bag and it was out of sight.

Good luck, i hope u get off it.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: a police/court matter Tue, 27 April 2004 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FIGHT IT, TO THE DEATH IF U HAVE TO!!! fuck i wanna go to court about a bullshit parking fine!
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: a police/court matter Wed, 28 April 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I keep a Leatherman in my car it has three blades each about 5-6 inches long. Neutral
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: a police/court matter Wed, 28 April 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where was you're bag?? in the boot or in the car??
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: a police/court matter Wed, 28 April 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about me with my petrol R/C car. I have screwdivers, knives, scissors, highly flammable fuel and all that shit. What could they fine me for with all of that stuff?
That's very fucking stupid. I'd be full on pissed. I also have a retractable razor blade for sharpening my pencils and cutting balsa wood for model making in my TAFE course
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: a police/court matter Wed, 28 April 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you didnt get off id be going straight to a current affair, seriously how many school kids have scissors in their bags, itd be like 90% of them, i guess cops can fine all of them while they are walking home
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: a police/court matter Wed, 28 April 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 13:07

if you didnt get off id be going straight to a current affair, seriously how many school kids have scissors in their bags, itd be like 90% of them, i guess cops can fine all of them while they are walking home

Actually, I slightly recall hearing something along the lines that kids aren't meant to carry them to and from school (might just be the senility kicking in, but I seriously remember hearing something along those lines).
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: a police/court matter Sun, 02 May 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"i see your carrying several car keys there sir? im going to have to fine you for carrying several concealed weapons"

bullshit. fucking cops.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: a police/court matter Sun, 02 May 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What the hell? When I used to go to race meetings with my RC car, I'd have the boot full of tools, petrol, metho, paint, turps, knives, scissors, bloody everything.

You'd think they could do something better with their time and resources.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: a police/court matter Sun, 02 May 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i seem to always have a few screwdrivers and a pocket knife floating around my car (fuckin wiring), not to mention the club lock. and if they went into my uni bag then it's scissors too and other random shit.

once a mate was sleeping in my car and cops woke him up and searched my car without my presence, and wouldn't believe that he wasn't on drugs but was just sick (was funny when they asked what drugs he'd taken and he replied as honest as anything "panadol") and found a plastic knife from the royal show and gave me a warning that they could do me for carrying a concealed weapon and shit
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a police/court matter Sun, 02 May 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peewee wrote on Mon, 03 May 2004 00:08

i seem to always have a few screwdrivers and a pocket knife floating around my car (fuckin wiring), not to mention the club lock. and if they went into my uni bag then it's scissors too and other random shit.

once a mate was sleeping in my car and cops woke him up and searched my car without my presence, and wouldn't believe that he wasn't on drugs but was just sick (was funny when they asked what drugs he'd taken and he replied as honest as anything "panadol") and found a plastic knife from the royal show and gave me a warning that they could do me for carrying a concealed weapon and shit

they are such tools
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: a police/court matter Mon, 03 May 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wonder what they would have said about the home made baseball bat that used to be in my car that was about 4 inches thick and a bit longer than a normal one to

my friends used to call it "thunderlang"
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: a police/court matter Tue, 04 May 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah and they warned me about a cricket bat in the boot, just an old banger one me and mates used when we got bored and felt like a hit. the arrogant male cop says "what's the bat for" i said "playing cricket" he said oh yeah what club are you in, i said i play indoor cricket sunday nights and pointed out the tin of balls sittin next to the bat. the chick cop with him looked like she wanted to pull the guy away and tell him to stop being a dick
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: a police/court matter Mon, 10 May 2004 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont wait to take it to aca or today tonight
do it before going to court
matters been seen on tv hence a fair trial is not possible due to a good chance that any judge has seen the article Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
benjamin they would try and do you for being a terrorist for building a mobile bomb

oh i can so see the future now
being booked for breathing on a pig as you can transmit diseases
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: a police/court matter Tue, 11 May 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4DaDrift wrote on Tue, 11 May 2004 02:01

dont wait to take it to aca or today tonight
do it before going to court
matters been seen on tv hence a fair trial is not possible due to a good chance that any judge has seen the article Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
benjamin they would try and do you for being a terrorist for building a mobile bomb

oh i can so see the future now
being booked for breathing on a pig as you can transmit diseases

Laughing Don't give the coppers ideas!
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: a police/court matter Tue, 18 May 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"I'm going to have to issue a fine for that wheel brace you have conceled in the boot of your car..."

WHAT IN THE FU*K IS SOCIETY COMMING TO!!!!!!!!!!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: a police/court matter Wed, 19 May 2004 01:07 Go to previous message
"fuck hope they don't find me spanners my hammer and screwdrivers in my car I'm a gonner!"

nah its pretty stupid
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Spotted - "SCRMOM"
Next Topic:On the road to Dubbo
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 06:46:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062060356140137 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.