Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
icon1.gif  WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 02:47 Go to next message
A couple fo cars from JT Mechanical went down to WSID last night.

Standout for the evening was Stewy's 1GGTE-Ra28 (TOY 077) running faster and faster with every pass, and not just a little bit either. Another pass and they would have sent him home for better steer tyres.

VID

I also ran my JZA70 supra untill clutch issues called a halt to proceedings. 2nd run the clutch started to misbehave ( still recorded my fastest pass though), 3rd run the clutch let go altogether (twin plate time !).

http://users.tpg.com.au/yoimbo/Mattpass.jpg

Andy also run his big single turbo JZA70, but had a lot of traction problems running 13.2 @ 110 mph.

Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done guys!

what was stewies best time matt?
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good one guys.
Heya Stewie that's a great time Cool
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Thu, 22 April 2004 14:41

well done guys!

what was stewies best time matt?

12.5 I believe - I asked Andrew (JZA 70).
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know stewy's best time

it was a 12.5 as jason said.... thanks mate

i was rapped, just kept running faster and faster as i got a handle on it.

Cheers
Stew

[Updated on: Thu, 22 April 2004 07:48]

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C'mon Stewie, give us your best time and MPH + your 1/8 mi and MPH

[Updated on: Thu, 22 April 2004 07:51]

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P.S Stewie - sorry man I was didn't mean in any way to steal your thunder. I am just an interested competitor/friend and spectator Smile
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pushy pushy.....

nah mate i have no thunder.....

alright here are the details.....

60' - 1.737

1/8th - 8.09
1/8mph - 87.52

ET - 12.57
MPH - 110.81

give me your analysis.... what do these mean in the cars performance.
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
icon14.gif  Re: WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1.7 60ft says "i was wearing slicks and they hooked up rather well..."
8.09 1/8 says "i was only teasing you guys at the nats".
well done stewy. go jt!
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoops in all the excitement ( and internet issues losing my first attempt at creating this thread )i forgot to actually put up Stewarts time.

You know it wasnt deliberate Rolling Eyes

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done stewy . not bad for factory ecu heh!
dont forget matt that a pretty damn good time considering you babying your clutch
heheheee now dont blame the boost contoller Very Happy
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well done boys.

Dam, i can't wait for next wednesday. Jason u still coming after monday night?
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WSID - 21st April Thu, 22 April 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12.5 @ 110mph means that it is a damn fast street car. 110mph means that the car is also making pretty good top end power, and/or that it could be launching a bit harder.

I reckon that this is backed up by celicamad's post that you were babying the clutch.

Final part of the analysis - you don't get beat off too many sets of lights.
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: WSID - 21st April Fri, 23 April 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work Stewy, good to see the times coming your way. Smile

Matt, you and Andrew would be better off if the quarter mile was done drift style, you mad bastards. Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Fri, 23 April 2004 00:38]

1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: WSID - 21st April Fri, 23 April 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stewy your a champion Very Happy
12.5 and no ij - whats the story??
p.s wheres the other car ramp? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: WSID - 21st April Fri, 23 April 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jase, it was me who was had clutch issues, however I am happy with my humble 13.4, I know i will run faster when a few issues are sorted, perhapps all things being perfect ( I may even consider temp. weight reduction) a 12 sec pass is possible before i throw the stock twins.

Stew will run much faster yet, he really only started launching the car on the last two runs of the night resulting in 12.7 and then 12.5. With practice and a decent burnout it'll do a low 12 second pass.

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WSID - 21st April Fri, 23 April 2004 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh right.
I definitely agree that Stewies MPH (not radically skewed by street tyres) = in the 12.3 region. He will probably need to get those 60' times into the mid 1.6's for this to happen (on the identical set up with NO changes).
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WSID - 21st April Sat, 24 April 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the feed back guys.. . ..

i am really happy with how it went and am keen to run again... fiddle with a few little things....

dont know what the story is with those ramps.... people borrow them and just dont seem to bring them back... Rolling Eyes

look like bigger burn out and more revs on the launch..... what mph did your corolla pull on its 11.8 run?

Cheers
Stew
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WSID - 21st April Sat, 24 April 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
115 Stewie, and I believe that is the difference between a 12.3 and 11.8. You can generally rely on .1 sec = 1mph.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WSID - 21st April Sat, 24 April 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi stew
Can you let me know about the set up of your car as these are the qtr mile times I am looking for

Cheers
BEN
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WSID - 21st April Sat, 24 April 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hiya,
yeah my set up is as follows...

1ggte
factory computer, injectors and airflow meter.
to4e
aftermarket cooler
volvo diff with locked 3.9 centre
adjustable upper control arms and panhard rod....

lots more little things but this is the main stuff... pretty basic set up.

remember horsepower isn't every thing the set up can be more important. my car isn't making that much power, it is how it delivers the power.

Stew
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: WSID - 21st April Sat, 24 April 2004 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah and which boost controller where you running ??? Rolling Eyes

seriously though thats a valid point the reason your car runs so well is attention to everything . cooling,turbo,tyres,timing,fuel,diff,etc.
There are so many cars that make good power that simply are not quick .
how about you take the about 100++++kg of subs and amps etc out and then see how you run Very Happy
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WSID - 21st April Sat, 24 April 2004 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i was running (and still am) a celica mad boost controller.

paul i did take the subs out for those runs. it has zero traction around the streets with it out... but was hooking up well at the track.

would an increase in tyre size (diameter)improve my mph? or would i simply loose a corresponding amount of torque and run the same speed? the car was just about on red line in 4th as it crossed the line.

Stew
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: WSID - 21st April Sun, 25 April 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason might be better to comment on this one but my understanding .is that you should be as close to your max power .not actual redline .
eg max power is at 5500 rpm and redline is 7000.
the way it was put to me is that as power begins to fall off so will accelaration .
Some people do say redline in top gear though! not sure why .
in regard to tyre changes .im sure matt has grants tire size program for calculating changes if not i can email it to you

in many cases turbo cars actual prefer to be loaded up more .thats why i go for the big ugly chunkies on the Cressida .but it seems to work
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WSID - 21st April Sun, 25 April 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What size tyres were you running on the night,
I ran my car with 24inch high tyres and a 4.395 diff and found that the rev limiter kept getting in the way,
As for set up your right I could not leave the line with out at least 60ft of wheel spinn.

I would like to know when your going to the track again so I can meet up and maby race you Very Happy

Nah but realy I would like to know more on how to get the 1g going a bit better

Cheere
BEN
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WSID - 21st April Sun, 25 April 2004 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul - i know what you mean bout power and redline... but with my single my power doesnt drop off, it feel like it would like to rev to about 8000 rpm. remember morbst from racecraft was shifted at 9250 rpm every shift.

i think i have that program with the diff ratio calculator. I know that increasing the tyre size would increase speed at the same revs. but i dont know if my car would have the power to spin them at the same rate...

there are so many small things to play with... i think next may be a new set of shocks.

Ben - i had 22 inch tyres and 3.9 diff ratio. What type of tyres were you running? what time and mph did you run?

Cheers
Stew
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WSID - 21st April Sun, 25 April 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow Stew, with tyres of that size and that gear ratio you must be getting pretty revvy (approx 6600 finish line rpm). According to my best knowledge on finish line rpm, it should be about 200 or so RPM higher than shift RPM (assuming that you are shifting at a point that allows best average acceleration (power) in each gear and not wringing it's neck). I believe that the theory here is that you will have used the best acceleration in every gear, including 4th. At that point in 4th gear, you could dip the clutch for the last 150ft and make nearly no difference to the 1/4 mile time, but your speed would drop markedly . With my old set up (CT26 etc) I would shift at 6500 - 6700 and cross at about 6400 (23.5 inch tyre and 3.89 gears).

This is just a theory though, and you can however try whichever tyre/gear ratio you like, because turbo cars like a little longer gearing to make use of that turbo torque.

The best way to get a better overall picture is to analyze the power curve on the dyno print out.

When are you going out next?
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WSID - 21st April Mon, 26 April 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah those revs sound bout right across the line......

dont know when i will run next. i'm back to work tomorrow. and its a fair hike from here, particuarly if u take a trailer....

should be good when it goes to saturdays....

Stew
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WSID - 21st April Mon, 26 April 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stew
I was running some shitty old street tyres 205/65-14 and the best time I ran was 13.303 at 103.86 mph,
I only have 2 problems to fix 1 no tacho ( my tacho shit it self)
2 No traction with a 2.2 60ft you can see my problem.
How do you get your car to hook up so good it seemed to leave the line perfect the other night
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WSID - 21st April Mon, 26 April 2004 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
secrets to hooking up.....

adjustable upper control arms...

Slicks.... i had a baby set of these on....

Were you at the drags the other night????

Stew
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WSID - 21st April Mon, 26 April 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I sure was I never miss them and I was keeping an eye on your times to as well as the ta22 that was down there he was also running low 12's with a 1g

P.S I will be running slicks next time I run

BEN
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WSID - 21st April Fri, 30 April 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what was the best time that 22 did?

some one else down there said he only did 13.3.....
that 1g was supposed to have alot of gear in it.

Stew
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WSID - 21st April Fri, 30 April 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It ran a 12.2 and it does have a lot of shit done to it like bigger cams, adjustable cam gears, to4, oh and a 2.4 stroker kit, just a few things done to it.
The guy that ownes it is a cool bloke to talk to and helped me out with my car.

BEN
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WSID - 21st April Fri, 30 April 2004 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i had a chat to the bloke... seemed like a nice guy.... was pretty keen on my intake manifold...

that motor is not the stroker.... i think that motor spun a bearing and is being rebuilt....

but it does have a trust single turbo and the cams etc.....

considering he supposedly has 70 kw more at the wheels i was surprised he wasn't alot quicker than me.....

Should be cool when he gets the stroker rebuilt cuae i have thought bout that idea.....

Stew
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WSID - 21st April Mon, 03 May 2004 12:51 Go to previous message
what power did your car make

BEN
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Unofficial Toymods Drag Day {brissie}