Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
wondering what to buy Thu, 29 April 2004 10:57 Go to next message
this thread could either be really bad or either really good. i am about to sell my celica and will have around $10,000.
just wondering what people think i should buy... now the corolla boys will say get a corolla....the celica boys will say get a celica....and the supra boys will say get a supra.

what do people think i should get, it must be prefferably turbo and have new age features ie electric shit and maybe leather interior.
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wondering what to buy Thu, 29 April 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd suggest putting the $10,000 into the RA28 Smile get some electric shit for it, plus by the sounds of your signature its already turbo !
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: wondering what to buy Thu, 29 April 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So get a supra. Cool
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: wondering what to buy Thu, 29 April 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive had enough of spending money on my celica, ive spent oh so much on it already. no offence there is only so far a celica can go. you catch my drift. celicas are nice as and if i could i'd keep mine and spend shitloads more on it but its just not what i want to do.
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: wondering what to buy Thu, 29 April 2004 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprinter Razz
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: wondering what to buy Thu, 29 April 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you considered Cressida, Crown or Soarer.
Turbo, electrics.
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: wondering what to buy Thu, 29 April 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love '86s but I reckon the older Soarers (GZ20) are the bomb. Cheap(ish), too. Fits your reqmts nicly.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: wondering what to buy Fri, 30 April 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a Celica but for $10K and you want electrics, cow and maybe a turbo, get a 15 year old 1989 Lexus LS400 second hand import from Japan. They can be bought for about $9000 and you will have instant pimping credibility ! What is an oxy-moron ? Laughing
Otherwise look at a MZ or GZ20 Soarer.
Cheers,
Mitch.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: wondering what to buy Fri, 30 April 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could get a mkIII supra for that (import) my brother is about to get his

quick spec.
1989 Black aerotop MA70 Supra.
Leather interior.
Digital Dash.
the legendary 7M-GTE 90,000km's
Air, Zorst,

or you could possibly pick up a Cressi with a 1J in it for a nice sleeper for around that.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wondering what to buy Fri, 30 April 2004 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would add an extra 2k to the sum and buy a jzz30 soarer, its turbo, features tons of electric shit for u to play with, and when you dump it on rims with a decent zorst thats all that need to be done with it. No need trying to work the car, its got the motor for power, but lets face it cars that heavy were never ment to hammer.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wondering what to buy Sat, 01 May 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends vwry much on what you want.

You could indeed get a 1989 LS400 (Toyota Celsior) landed for about $9000. Add $1500 for compliancing (much of it can be done DIY). Unbeatable value really!

Rex thought about it many times, but then he thinks, Why the hell does he need 4 doors and all that weight...

Join the www.j-spec.com.au mailing list and you will be bamboozled as to how cheap some things can be. Eg Subaru Legacy landed for $5000 or so

[Updated on: Sat, 01 May 2004 01:22]

big mike
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: wondering what to buy Sat, 01 May 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know its not a toyota. but by the sounds of it you want some with some squirt so why not a series V RX7. as they are a 15 year import now these can be had for the money you are talking. great bamg for your buck. just a thought.
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: wondering what to buy Sat, 01 May 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you woud be lucky to find a good s5 rx7 for under 10k..well in qld anyway. maybe an s4 rx7.. same thing but bit older with some minor diff's
either that or a s13 if you look around you can get a 2 ltr one for under 10k private sale
mark3 supra would be a good option to
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: wondering what to buy Sat, 01 May 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit there are so many options.... ive also been thinking about a hilux and bagging it, would be pretty trick. think the supra would be best, i would look for a rotor but my mate has one.

what does the old lexus look like? maybe i'm confused but ive never seen one.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: wondering what to buy Sat, 01 May 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To steal an image from another page
http://www.ysr.gr.jp/ysrshouhin/frpbonnet-mz20.JPG
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: wondering what to buy Sun, 02 May 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeh i know those. they are pretty nice but maybe a little boxy for me, dont get me wrong i like them but maybe not.
MSN-000
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: wondering what to buy Sun, 02 May 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to kinda change the subject a bit but omg that soarer looks so f**ken good!

As for what car to buy, im a soarer man myself so thats what id get but i get what u mean about it maybe not being ur taste. In the toyota brand name prob a 1jz or 7m supra or a later 80s/early 90s gt4 if u can find one. I think a 3s-gte mr2 may be out of ur league by a few grand but just see what u can find i guess, dont hesitate to look at mazda rx7s and nissan sr20det silvia/180sx platforms cos they are awesome cars too and u wont be dissapointed!!! good luck in ur search.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 May 2004 10:05]

pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: wondering what to buy Mon, 03 May 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get an AW11! you could pick up a 4agze version for your price range (or even a few grand cheaper, like me Very Happy )and they have power everythin, and they r super quick. (those soarers are to heavy to go anywhere fast)
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: wondering what to buy Mon, 03 May 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey. get a BMW 635csi,
i went and had a look at one for $7500 at a dealer. the body was perfect but needed a wash and polish (gloss black) the dash was cracked and looking pretty shitty, but it had tan leather int, power everthing, 5 speed close ratio box, all the syncros were worn out and the engine probably needed a tune aswell so i wasnt expecting much go from it but damn i was suprised by its power!!!!
3.5 litre n/a straight 6. it think it had been chipped asewll.
i just reckon these look sweet when lowered on big BBS rims, you'll be driving in style aswell Very Happy

(sorry for not plugging another toyota here, i just wanted to mention something different)
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: wondering what to buy Mon, 03 May 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BMW sounds like a good option if you want some luxury and power, and if you find one with a blown engine it could make a candidate for a 1j/2j converstion.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: wondering what to buy Mon, 03 May 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon you should get a silvia..
nice tidy little package. and big potential down the track.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: wondering what to buy Mon, 03 May 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could get a series 5 rx7
fub_
Regular

March 2004
Re: wondering what to buy Mon, 03 May 2004 12:52 Go to previous message
yea dude get a rx7 s5
i know some1 whos selling
pm or email for more details if u want them
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:racing heart