Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Mon, 03 May 2004 14:41 Go to next message
Finally finished fixing up my supra, Engine work done, body panels replaced/fixed, re-spray finished now all i have to do is take it over the pits and register it. What a bad day i had.

The Inspector guy found a few problems which was suspected.
Oil leak, busted exuast mounts, worn gearbox mount, worn center carrier bearing on the driveshaft which i accidently pointed out to him. There really was no oil leak tho, i fixed that ages ago with the cam cover seals, i just didn't clean all the grease that has spread all over the engine. (Can anyone help me out with a center carrier bearing and a rear engine mount/gearbox mount?)

But here is where things get bad, I come back from a smoke and ask the inspector guy if everything is in order with the engine, as he was looking everywhere under the bonnet and he replyed "You don't have a compliance plate, you can't get this car registered."
Wha...Bullshit! I explained that the previous owner in VIC had the car legally registered, and that the dam VIC reg stickers are still on the windscreen! But that wasn't good enough, This inspector guy thought he was pretty good, espcially as i had no official papers to prove anything about the car, just a reciept the previous owner typed up on his laptop saying when i buaght the car and how much i payed. So anyway car fails the pits and i can't get it registered.

I don't know the details of how my car came to Aus, but the importing paperwork stuff was supposed to be done and i had nothing to worry about according to the guy i buaght the car off.

I also mentioned to the inspector guy that there was a thing called "the 15 year rule" cars that were imported that are older then 15 years of age don't need a compliance plate, when i said that he looked stumped/shocked and said he would have to check it up in his book. Nothing in that book about the "15year rule", only that any import must have a compliance plate otherwise it's probably illegaly imported or some bullshit. So he Checked everywhere including the boot, no compliance plate to be found. I'm thinking Shit! this was not good.

So he went and rang some other mob who also didn't know about this "15 year rule". So in there view I'm a lying bullshit artist trying to get an illegaly imported vehicle registered.

What the fuck can i do? I have no official papers, no compliance plate, just a hunch that my car was imported under the "15 year rule" of which no one in Tas seems to know about.

I'm at the end of my tether, i really hope i don't have to end up scrapping my beautifal car for parts to make some money back!

[Updated on: Mon, 03 May 2004 14:53]

Send a private message to this user    
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Mon, 03 May 2004 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car doesnt have a compliance plate hence cause its a 15yo import... and its rego'd in NSW.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Mon, 03 May 2004 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you have some sort of official paperwork to prove it was imported under the 15 year rule?

did you import the car yourself? or buy it from someone else that imported it? Also did you have to take it over the pits?

If there was some place i could put it my VIN and get info about my car would be great! i tried RAWS but they have no records of my VIN.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 May 2004 14:58]

Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Mon, 03 May 2004 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, so your car has come from VIC right.
down here we have a bunch of people called VICROADS. they can be painful but, not too bad.

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/

if the car was registered in VIC, and, it was also imported in VIC they *should* have some record of it on their system.

i'd also speak with the person in VIC who you bought the car off - and see if they have any doco about the car from when it was imported also.

RAWS probably wouldn't have any record - as RAWS is really only new - it might have come in under the old SEVS rules instead.

my 2c, i hope its of some use mate, good luck.
supra1978
Regular

February 2003
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Mon, 03 May 2004 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like the rego people in Tassie don't have a clue.

Your car has previous registration history in Australia, that is all that should be required to now re-register the car. Assuming your car is a Q-spec Aussie delivered model then even if the compliance plate has gone missing there should still be two small holes beside the manufacturer's build plate in the engine bay (top right-hand corner of firewall). Give Vicroads 'vehicle securities' a call and quote the VIN. Check that the details (engine no. and frame number) on the old rego label correspond with those on the car. You can also contact Toyota to confirm whether the frame number is an Aussie-delivered one, and if the Tassie rego guys are still not satisfied then you can obtain a Letter of Compliance from Toyota.

Take a good look at your car. Has it had 3-point belts retro-fitted in the back? If so, this is a sure sign that its a JDM.

To check if it's a Aussie-spec look at the frame number. There should be the letter 'Q' in the frame number (the last of the letters stamped, before the numbers start).

If it was imported under the '15 year and over rule' VSSB in Canberra will have a record of the Import Approval. Vicroads should have record of this also, as well as the engineers report stating that the car was modified to comply with ADRs in place at the vehicle's time of manufacture.

Good luck.

Richard
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Mon, 03 May 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when u buy any imported car , the previous owner needs to provide u with a photocopy / or original import approval certificate

15 year olod cars dont need a compliance plate
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Tue, 04 May 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grega: Thanx, I will give them a ring and see if they have a record or something that might help me out.
Unfortunatly I can't get ahold of the guy i buaght the car off as he moved to hong kong last year :(-

supra1978: Yes Tas ppl seem very incompetent and clueless to me, no offense to the tas ppl on toymods tho.

what is a Q-spec Aussie delivered model? My supra was definetly jap spec and from japan, but i believe it's gone thru the conversion thing where they change the mirrors to flat instead of convex, seatbelts changed etc.

I checked the firewall no holes indicating there was a plate there, and no letter Q in the frame number, or in any of the numbers stamped in the engine bay.

So i guess that means it's been imported under the 15 year rule, as there is no way the car could of got into the country and registered in VIC otherwise, right?
Also is there a webage for VSSB in Canberra?

Indian: I didn't get any papers, But i will see if Vic roads can provide something for me.
Is there some official webpage that explains the 15 year rule? that coudl also help me.

Thanx everyone, really appreciate it big time!
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Tue, 04 May 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
less time typing, more time ringing me thinks

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Tue, 04 May 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try vicroads web site

theres a link just below from grega

if nothing works ring/email vicroads awith ur victorian rego number and ask them for info on the car , and also ask them for an import approval certificate of the car , they have to have one if the car was registered in victoria , as i just registered my soarer for the first time in victoria , and they asked me for import approval , and they kept a copy for themdelves

they also asked me for the compliance plates
but i said its a 15 yr old car and dusnt need one
so the guy went inside to chek and came back saying it was ok

the vic roads website will help u heaps bro

go chek it out and folow links to the imoporting cars section

cheers

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Tue, 04 May 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RING/EMAIL VICROADS
IF THE CAR WAS REGISTERED IN VIC THEY HAVE TO HAVE A COPY OF THE IMPORT APPROVAL

TRUST ME

gimme the rego number i will try and see if i can help and ur email address , so i can scan and fax it to u

cheers
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Tue, 04 May 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
show those pricks this

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrninte.nsf/Al lDocs/194404D386D2C2C5CA256E610009E8F9?OpenDocumen t&Area=[Online+Information+&+Services]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Tue, 04 May 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SCROLL DOWN AND LOOK AT THE BOX OF TABLES IN THE ONE BEFORE THE LAST IS WHAT U WANT THOSE ARSEHOLES TO SEE

UNDER THE VEHICLE COMPLIANCING PLATES

NOT APPLICABLE -------- POINT IT OUT TO THEM

GOOD LUCK

supra1978
Regular

February 2003
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Tue, 04 May 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Q-specification is what we receive from Toyota Japan. By Aussie delivered I was refering to an imported car sold new here in Australia.

If you want to check the VSSB webpage just do a google search for DOTARS. But the Vicroads site has pretty much got the import info covered anyway.

As Indian has said, Vicroads should have a copy of all the documentation you might require. Registration requirements in Tassie might differ from Vic, but I can't imagine they could expect anymore than Vicroads. Afterall a RWC, Import Approval and VASS certificate covers it.

The rego guys in Tassie ought to know what the requirements are! Ring them! Hopefully you'll get on to someone who knows their stuff.

Richard
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Tue, 04 May 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
center bearings are 110 from repco dingaling

from ur previous post someone replied , so im etting u know as u said lolllllllll

hope we can fix the damn play in the driveshaft

cheers Very Happy
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Tue, 04 May 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally i have got somewhere, took alot of running around in circles and bieng put on hold for ages, but they did have a record of my car, and thank fuck it's legal and i wasn't sold a dodgy deal. They said they'd fax me something, but all they faxed was a table from the website that said the import requirments, But i guess that will have to do. At least it is on there database.

I've printed out all that stuff you pointed me to aswell Indian so when i go back to this dumbass inspecter guy he won't have a chance to argue.

You dunno how happy I am! Me bieng a poor bastard who picked up my supra for $2500 with body damage, and restoring it to near new condition took nearly a whole year of hard work and patience as I did not have the money to get it done at a workshop. And then having these clueless clowns tell me i can't get my car registered. It feels good! I owe it to you guys, you all know your stuff! And further proves my point that Tasmania is full of incompetent half wits. (again no offense to Tas Toymodders, you drive toyota's so you can't be half-wits)

I'm getting abit carried away so i'll stop talking now.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: I know I whine alot, But someone please help! big problems with my MA70 Tue, 04 May 2004 06:26 Go to previous message
GOOD TO HEAR MATE

let us know what the hell happened and weter u registered the beast

i would ask the vicroads people to send u a copy of the import approval , cause the owner of the car needs to have it

cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:'Hybrid' turbos
Next Topic:4a-ge 88kw variant Question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 16:20:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044929981231689 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.