Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » New Notofication Fomat?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon4.gif  New Notofication Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 03:53 Go to next message
I didnt know what the hell was going on there for a while
i thought i had 3 blank emails from toymods then Smile
will the system be staying that way?

[Updated on: Tue, 03 September 2002 17:25] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: New Notoficationj Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it looks different.. at first i thought it was the windows xp i installed (that thing made everything look crazy!) but yeah this new forum version seems faster good work!
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Notoficationj Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the looks of the new 'forums skin'
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: New Notoficationj Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The new email notification is cool!

This theme is the default theme, I was playing around with the colours this morning but couldn't get it to a state that I was happy with so I reverted back to the default.

This theme is OK. Non-intrusive colours.
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New Notoficationj Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For those that havent seen it, when you turn on email notification in a thread it actually emails you with the actual post in a HTML email, not just a URL. It can be turned back to the old way (on a global basis, not user by user). I'm interested to hear feedback on how people like it.

Currently we are on version 2.0.2 of the forum.. we still have the upgrade to 2.3.0 to go (the one I had trouble with thismorning). Chances are any changes to the theme will get wiped again, so we'll probably hold off on major theme changes until the upgrade happens.

rgrds
sam
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: New Notoficationj Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whens the upgrade to 2.3.0 happening????

P.S I like the new notifications!

[Updated on: Tue, 03 September 2002 05:25]

Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New Notoficationj Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure yet.. I'm waiting for a response from the guys who wrote the software on what they think went wrong this morning, I sent them all the error messages.

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: New Notoficationj Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a big fan of the new notification system as well. Smile
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Notoficationj Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it looks good but i wreckon it should be a option in the user control panel
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: New Notoficationj Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a pointless but interesting function would be something that totals up the total amount of time a certain user has spent on the forum, Razz
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New Notoficationj Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if you click on the users details and it tells you how many posts per day they do on average.. I think Cool1 is getting up around the 10posts/day mark... That's some sort of indicator...

BTW I made the text a bit bigger and cleaned up the users display info on the left of posts.

Also, for the bandwidth-challenged, there's options now to turn off viewing of users' avatars and signatures... check your profile settings. You can also make yrself "invisible", tho I don't know what use that would be.

Apparently version 2.3.1 of the forums comes out on Friday (US time) which is supposed to fix the upgrade problem, so if I get a chance over the weekend I'll upgrade to that. It's supposed to have a few more neat features.

comments welcome.

sam
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: New Notofication Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, I like how all the extra crap is gone from under the avatar!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: New Notoficationj Fomat? Tue, 03 September 2002 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam wrote on Wed, 04 September 2002 03:01

You can also make yrself "invisible", tho I don't know what use that would be.

Next to your name is a little icon of a person. If you're logged in, it'll be orange. I'd say invisible means that never turns orange, plus you don't get displayed in the list of people logged on on the front page of the forums.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Notofication Fomat? Wed, 04 September 2002 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The new e-mail notification is good, but it still needs a link to the thread, or am I missing something?
Sometimes I want to read all the other posts after mine before I reply and stuff, which means I just need to have access tot he thread itself instead of the normal stuff...

Or am I just stupid and I can already?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: New Notofication Fomat? Wed, 04 September 2002 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you click reply, you should have the entire thread displayed to you anyway...
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New Notofication Fomat? Wed, 04 September 2002 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I noticed that as well.. maybe it's fixed in the later version.. if not I might put in a feature request.. I know you can hit the reply, as Max said, but it'd be nice to just go to the whole thread..
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Notofication Fomat? Wed, 04 September 2002 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suppose, but what if after then I only want to read the rest of the thread? Not reply to it...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: New Notofication Fomat? Wed, 04 September 2002 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats Referred Users: mean under the users profile?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Notofication Fomat? Mon, 27 October 2003 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 04 September 2002 15:18

Whats Referred Users: mean under the users profile?

I'm wondering that too after checking my profile.

I found this thread amongst a few others after a search and noone seems to know for sure.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: New Notofication Fomat? Mon, 27 October 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Err... No one knows for sure... Laughing

When you join up, I think there's a text field for your referrer...
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: New Notofication Fomat? Mon, 27 October 2003 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just checked my mail "you have 231 new messages :P"
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: New Notofication Fomat? Mon, 27 October 2003 06:52 Go to previous message
the very reason why i never use email notification Razz
spam too much and your inbox fills mighty quick
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what fuel do i use
Next Topic:Cool Licence Plate