Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Heater box LEAKING in my TA22????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
icon4.gif  Heater box LEAKING in my TA22???? Tue, 04 May 2004 22:52 Go to next message
If i don't use the "HI" opporation will it still continue to leak. Coolant seemed to stop gushing out when i switched it back to "LO".

So my question is, Will it still leak?

Is there a common place where they leak or would they be the same as all old heater systems?

Thanks for any input.
Frank
  Send a private message to this user    
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Heater box LEAKING in my TA22???? Wed, 05 May 2004 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will probably find that the core is split. Expect to spend the best part of a day to change it too.

If you turn the heat setting to cold, it will pretty much stop the coolant running through the core. You are better off bypassing the core all together though.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Heater box LEAKING in my TA22???? Wed, 05 May 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This happened in my rolla one day as I was driving into uni... the engine was getting slightly warm and suddenly steam started coming up from my air vents and water running down onto my carpet. I simply disconnected the hoses from the heater on the firewall and attached them to each other, bypassing the heater all together. I didn't want to risk the water spilling all over my headunit and wiring.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Heater box LEAKING in my TA22???? Wed, 05 May 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had the same problem as Major Clod in my RA23, a split heater core, complete replacement and a day to get it out and get it back in.
First things first, bypass your heater and join the hoses together. Green coolant does nothing for consoles and carpet.
Cheers,
Mitch.
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Heater box LEAKING in my TA22???? Wed, 05 May 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Use Toyota Red coolant then.
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: Heater box LEAKING in my TA22???? Wed, 05 May 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply guys. I'm spewing as my heater worked really well too!

Are there any tricks to have up my sleeve to get the heater in and out?
3T-GTE
Regular

August 2003
Re: Heater box LEAKING in my TA22???? Wed, 05 May 2004 04:30 Go to previous message
Yep. Happened to my old TA-22 also... didn't have any tools on me at the time... don't you just love "roadside repairs"..it's amazing how inventive you can get to bypass the heater with just a car key as a screwdriver. Rolling Eyes
From memory it was leaking somewhere near the heater tap on the passenger side. It was only a small leak, but enough to be a problem... I would certainly recommend getting it fixed properly if you want to run a heater, if you don't want it anymore, then follow Major's instructions below.
The heater comes out pretty easily, just keep undoing bolts.. its bound to come out eventually.. Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2004 04:32]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1UZ electrical issue
Next Topic:4ag tacho hookup
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 14:30:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044779777526855 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.