Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bootheman
Regular

March 2003

door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Wed, 28 April 2004 07:01 Go to next message
as topic says im just cheaken if thiers anywhere that sells 6.5" door pods to suit aw11. if not its building time.

bootheman@iinet.com.au

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Wed, 28 April 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have a look what i did to mine here, might give you some ideas. Smile
bootheman
Regular

March 2003

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Thu, 29 April 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
intresting setup

i have my amps on the rear wall, have a boston acoustics 12" pro in front which is getten fibreglass cover made.

but the door pods i just cant work out how much room i have 2 fiddle with.

have u got any specs for the doorpods u made. ?
thanks
justin

bootheman@iinet.com.au
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Thu, 29 April 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a five channel amp behind the drivers seat and the crossovers for the front speakers as well. On the passenger side i have a 6 stacker. I just replaced all the standard speakers with boston acoustic rallie ( sorry cant remember how they spell it ) 4 inch splits up front and 3 inchers in the back.

I wish i would have kept the 6.5 bass bullets i had before. just didnt want to stuff around making pods. For what i have in there I couldnt ask for clearer sound but it lacks in bass badly Crying or Very Sad

Im assuming you had to take your spare out to put your sub in??

Hey John,

I didnt know you had like 3 sets of splits!!!!!! Cool Very Happy

bootheman
Regular

March 2003

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Thu, 29 April 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer taken spare out,
got the boston front 12"

3 way infinty splits
6.5"
4"
tweeder"
X over each side

then the amp, then 4" JBL rear.

basicly i wanta mount the 6.5" in the doors or kicks and have the 4" in the standard place and tweeders on the kicks.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Fri, 30 April 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bootheman wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 10:09

intresting setup

thank's, it has won me quite a few trophies in the sound-off events i used to enter in.

Quote:

have u got any specs for the doorpods u made. ?

on the page in that link i posted above is a link to some pics of my install, though not very detailed should give you an idea of what i did. Smile

*edit* whats a spare??? Shocked

[Updated on: Mon, 03 May 2004 02:06]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Fri, 30 April 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

*edit* whats a spare???

Its that thing your going to need one day when one of your tyres gets a puncture Laughing Then again, what are the chances of that John Rolling Eyes

I cannot be held accountable for any jinx's that may occur from this Smile

I wish i had 6.5's now Crying or Very Sad They would give soooo much better sound.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Fri, 30 April 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I cannot be held accountable for any jinx's that may occur from this Smile

oh but you will be now you've said it. Mad

[Updated on: Fri, 30 April 2004 10:35]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Sat, 01 May 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha Ha Ha! Laughing Laughing

Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Sun, 02 May 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lil boys (and old men) and their hugely expensive car stereos *sigh*
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Sun, 02 May 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and your point is exactly.....?

http://www.kirupa.com/forums/smileys_files/fart.gif
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Sun, 02 May 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a complete and utter waste of money cept for the whole penis size thing... ie "look at my $10000 car stereo, lets just ignore the fact i have no dick" Very Happy
hehe

i mean yeah i can understand having a stereo that sounds reasonable, but when it starts costing as much, if not more than how much the car does, then you really gotta start questioning your priorities Very Happy
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Sun, 02 May 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u dont like 10000 dollar stereos, shut your stupid mouth. Let people do what they like.
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Sun, 02 May 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooo hit a raw nerve did i? Razz

if you hadnt noticed, i never said that they couldnt do what they wanted. i just stated it was a complete and utter waste of money to spend huge amounts of money on a car stereo when the car isnt worth that much

as i said, i can understand a reasonable one, just as i can understand putting a body kit on a car, but when its all show and no go (or all sound and no go), then i just cant really comprehend it

besides all that, i was having a friendly dig at someone specific, hence it has absolutely nothing to do with you.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Sun, 02 May 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your friendly dig hit my nerve. Twisted Evil

if you actualy know anything about car stereo's then you would know that you dont have to spend $10,000 to have a great stereo at all.
and i am worried about your talking of dicks, is there something you wanna tell us?... Shocked

Quote:

i mean yeah i can understand having a stereo that sounds reasonable, but when it starts costing as much, if not more than how much the car does, then you really gotta start questioning your priorities

my stereo didnt cost anywhere as much as my car. by memory around the $4000 mark and my own time. the main cost in any good audio set-up now days though are the install costs. so i saved by doing it myself. Smile
i win trophies for sound quality in my car when i enter in sound-offs, so to me thats not a total waste of time and effort. plus i can listen to any music i want and have it sound great. i like that. Wink

Quote:

as i said, i can understand a reasonable one, just as i can understand putting a body kit on a car, but when its all show and no go (or all sound and no go), then i just cant really comprehend it

wanna race? Evil or Very Mad

any real AW11 owner/fan wouldnt put a cost of anything they did to their car to make it how they like it...

Very Happy
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sun, 02 May 2004 23:41

wanna race? Evil or Very Mad

i put 50 bucks on the feral... Very Happy
bootheman
Regular

March 2003

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol all show and no go ..

ive already had all go and no show, in my old turbo sprinter would have eatten anything u threw at it.

no stero nothing just 2 seats and alot under the bonnet.

now i have my cruiser and its main is 2 get me from a to b with alot of bass!

so thats whats gonna happen.
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$4000 on just the stereo components is half of what an aw11's market value is.
plus installation (assuming you pay for it), thats a shiteload of money.
i dont know what the feral's installation would have cost, but im guessing it wouldnt have been cheap.

my brother had a VL commodore, with a nice big ding/scratch down the drivers rear wheel arch. instead of fixing it, he kept forking out heaps of money on his stereo. thats just something i cant really comprehend, ya know?

"plus i can listen to any music i want and have it sound great. i like that" --- ahh but you said you dont even turn it on anymore Wink

"i put 50 bucks on the feral..." heh i would too if it wasnt weighed down by all that fiberglass Razz

Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was going to get custom door pods built but was told by the guy who was going to do it that they could only be made for a specific set of speakers. If it wasnt for that, i would have done it...but i decided just to stick to 4" splits.

Stereo systems like that always sound good, but if thats what i wanted, i wouldnt have bought an AW11.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Mon, 03 May 2004 11:12

I was going to get custom door pods built but was told by the guy who was going to do it that they could only be made for a specific set of speakers.

well yes, you need to know what size speaker you want eg.6 1/2". but a pod/build-out etc. doesnt have to made for a 'specific' set of speakers, more made to suit the car and it's location.
take it to someone that isnt scared to have a go if you ever decided you wanted to 'upgrade'.

Quote:

"i put 50 bucks on the feral..." heh i would too if it wasnt weighed down by all that fiberglass Razz

mmm.. i see a grudge match comming.... Evil or Very Mad

Quote:

"plus i can listen to any music i want and have it sound great. i like that" --- ahh but you said you dont even turn it on anymore Wink

Twisted Evil

the $4000 (which was an approximate) i posted is the stereo components and the materials i used to do the install. Smile

oh well, in the end it all comes down to what the owner wants to do to their car. others may not 'comprehend' what that person does, but thats life. not everyone has to agree with what someone else does. Very Happy it's all good.

Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i almost fell over when i got a quote for $1800 for a mp3 head unit, focal splits and an install including door pods.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are you doing getting quotes for expensive stereo equiptment if its so stupid and reduces your penis size?

and i dont care about stereo gear so no nerve was pinched, but what annoys me is that people like you start spewing utter shit out your mouth without thinking at all.

Daniel
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was after a head unit, a decent set of splits and installation

i never said it reduces your penis size.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am corrected by your reasoning that would mean you have no penis.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zhyr wrote on Mon, 03 May 2004 14:26

i almost fell over when i got a quote for $1800 for a mp3 head unit, focal splits and an install including door pods.

If I was looking for a 'decent' set of splits, I would not be enquiring about Focal products as they are regarded as one of the best brands and are certainly not cheap!

BTW I have the best of both worlds, a corona with a 1jz-gte that has absolutely no stereo. (too heavy)

and the daily driver which used to have cd player, 6*9's, 4 channel amp and 12" sub. (can't fit sub and amp in new daily driver though.)

as has been said, it is all about personal preference and the use of the car.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 May 2004 05:05]

Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what was suggested when i said i wanted splits.
blame maroochy car sound, not me Razz

id be more than happy with the head unit and a pair of 6x9's if 6x9's were a viable option in an AW11
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you dont want to spend the money, its simple.......DONT!!! Mad

Im with feral and munki! You do it cause you want to Smile

Hey Zhyr, you should talk to CLG, he has the same opinion of "it costs too much to do things to cars" and that "Why bother" attitude.

Dont down other people cause they would like to achieve a goal!!!
At the end of the day other people might think your ideas are crap??!!!!

I'm done now Laughing

P.S. Go Miss Mr2.....You da man......Well.....You know what i mean Laughing Good to see a bit of female influence on the aw11 scene Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 03 May 2004 05:37]

Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"At the end of the day other people might think your ideas are crap??!!!!" id probably agree with you Smile

and believe it or not, my comments were never sposed to be taken as negatively as what they seemed to be Smile

were originally just a continuance of some friendly digs made to feral on saturday
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zhyr wrote on Mon, 03 May 2004 15:07

id be more than happy with the head unit and a pair of 6x9's if 6x9's were a viable option in an AW11

man if i ever get my shed and tools sorted, i'll install 6x9's for you and you wont lose any leg room.

$1800 isnt too bad a price for that stuff you listed, cheap even if it was Maroochy car sound... Rolling Eyes
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally, i dont care where it comes from, as long as it's music. I'd rather spend that kind of money on more expensive tyres, or put it towards my conversion or.....( long list of things to do), but i know other people have other priorities.

fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 03 May 2004 15:32

Go Miss Mr2.....You da man......Well.....You know what i mean Laughing Good to see a bit of female influence on the aw11 scene Smile

Whoop whoop whoop!

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Mon, 03 May 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Whoop whoop whoop!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Me thinks your funny Very Happy
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Tue, 04 May 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hows this for a japanease rocket scientists take on door pods

http://gb.detonated.org/crap/images/DCP_3139.jpg

They aint even 6.5", if they fitted 6.5" i could put up with the uglehness. Now im left with some really fubared door trims Sad
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Tue, 04 May 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

you could always make some nicer ones to fit some 6 1/2" man..

Smile
bootheman
Regular

March 2003

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Tue, 04 May 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahaha thier the tackies pods ive ever seeen
its worth putting the extra effort and doing a intall yourself, ive mad fibreglass doorpods b4, the hardest bits getten the vinyal on Razz

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Tue, 04 May 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bootheman wrote on Tue, 04 May 2004 17:13

the hardest bits getten the vinyal on Razz

good contact cement on each bit and a hair dryer. Smile
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Wed, 05 May 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
34 replys

1 drag race offer

3 lists of priorities

4 discussions on penis size

and no answer to the original question.

Priceless

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Wed, 05 May 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha thats aw11 owners for you Laughing
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Wed, 05 May 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28 wrote on Wed, 05 May 2004 13:22

34 replys

1 drag race offer

3 lists of priorities

4 discussions on penis size

and no answer to the original question.

Priceless

you cannot buy pre-made door pods for the AW11 Mr2 in Australia that i know of. they would have to be custom made.
but please do some shopping around/research if you wish to get custom made ones from a proffecional installer/shops as they do charge an allful lot for custom built stuff now days.

Very Happy
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: door pods / kick pods for a aw11 ? Wed, 05 May 2004 09:31 Go to previous message
$400-500 for custom door pods was the quote i got yesterday to fit 6" speakers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Nissan Turbos???
Next Topic:40c DIY FCD for 1JZ
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 06:17:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057458877563477 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.