Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

icon5.gif  Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Sat, 01 May 2004 02:32 Go to next message
Hey,
Id thought id be a good start to talk about horse floats. As we all know they can be pain in the you know what. So post your story about an iccident or whatever. All adds to the excitment. Smile
If its one thing not to do is beep your horn. Why is it that people with these things always drive 50Km/h under the limit, is it really for the horse's safty or just to anoy other road user's.
  Send a private message to this user    
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Sat, 01 May 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well when i was coming through the burnley tunnel about 4 months ago, there was a horse float on the side of the road, and an announcment saying to drive slowly as there was a horse in the float which was getting quite upset...

Now if anyone has seen the Ring, they'll know what i mean (the horse scene on the boat) i was shitting myself coz this horse was shaking the crap out of the float...

Poor horsey...

REgards
Adrian
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Sat, 01 May 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SR TWINCAM wrote on Sat, 01 May 2004 16:34

Well when i was coming through the burnley tunnel about 4 months ago, there was a horse float on the side of the road, and an announcment saying to drive slowly as there was a horse in the float which was getting quite upset...

Now if anyone has seen the Ring, they'll know what i mean (the horse scene on the boat) i was shitting myself coz this horse was shaking the crap out of the float...

Poor horsey...

REgards
Adrian

Laughing did anyone actually slow down?
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Sat, 01 May 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah everyone slowed to about 15kms an hour

Freaky stuff!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Sat, 01 May 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thought I'd asked that as I have seen what some people are like in that situation this story doesn't invole a float but involves a horse I was about 14 going back 6 years ago and riding my bike one day I see this bloke having trouble with a horse he was riding and anyway was pointing to his horse singnaling he was having trouble with the horse and to slow down but however this one bloke thought it was funny to fly past with his V8 VK all you hear is VVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMM!
as he flew past the horse went even more haywire I'm suprised the rider didn't get thrown off the horse I'd hate to be the rider that day

horses must hate the sound of engines or something?
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Sat, 01 May 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea Laughing , they get quite agro those horse's.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Sat, 01 May 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would've been damn tempting to dial up 20PSI and give the BOV a venting beside that one.

Today I was driving to the sunny central coast and there it is, big and proud white shiny horse float, doing f**king 70km/h in the middle lane, up the hill form the Mooney Mooney bridge. I like horses, horse float drivers do annoy me at times, if you are a horse float tower (?) and you are reading this thread (yeah right) stay out of the way - the LEFT lane is your friend.

If I were a diesel balls truck driver, I would have jake braked them just to scare their arses into the left lane.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Tue, 04 May 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These horse towers are just like you believe it or not!!!
I actually like my fast cars but ocasionally have to tow my horse float as you may not realise but it is the only way to get your horse from A TO B and horse owners actually have rights too as do us Car enthusiasts. Rolling Eyes
Just try to be a mature civilised human being and accept that all enthusiasts have fair rights to the roads even if they drive slowly.I am often in both drivers seats,at times being the slow assed horse float tower and also often looking to fang my supercharged aw11 sc down a nice road only to be held up by slow assed drivers. Very Happy
You just need to realise that you do not own the road and have to share it with other equally rightfull people. Laughing

Regards Superaw11.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Wed, 05 May 2004 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am a horse lover too and I have towed many objects that cause me to need to drive slow (we had about 20 horses when I was a kid). The rules are there for everybody and just becasue you need to tow something doesn't give you the right to inconvenience other road users more than is necessary -"keepleft UNLESS overtaking" means just that! Not keep left unless you are towing and are inept, not keep left unless you are doing the speed limit (or faster), not keep left unless someone is trying to overtake you.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Wed, 05 May 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't care so long as there not right lane hogs, hogs overtaking lane while doing 80km/h in 100km/h zones whilst passing nothing in the left hand lane(s) every one should only use the overtaking lane if its nesersary thats my opinion anyway
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Wed, 05 May 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree mick, nothin worse. But horse floats tend to always go slow. My dad of which is a truckie Smile has loads of fun with them but thats another story. Cool
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Wed, 05 May 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is one thing worse than the right lane hog - that is the one that sits in the middle lane, 20km/h under the limit, fu**ing things right up, people passing them on the left and right - that causes more dangerous situations than the right lane knob jockey.
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Wed, 05 May 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeap, they just sit there and as soon as you try to get around them they go hammer and tong lol. Well thats some anyway.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Thu, 06 May 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've towed horse floats in the past, and it really isn't as easy as you think, granted there are some drivers out there that choose the wrong lane on the freeway, but in general you have to be careful towing live animals as it's like towing a liquid load, you can't accerate too fast brake too fast corner too fast else the horses shift in the trailer pushing it all over the road.

It's kind of like towing a car on a flat bed trailer with only the hand brake 1/2 on.

I have a few stories about spooked horses in trailers but I'd rather not go into them.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Thu, 06 May 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Thu, 06 May 2004 12:03

I have a few stories about spooked horses in trailers but I'd rather not go into them.

Maybe we can compare notes after the next meeting Wink

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Horse Floats - What are your thoughts about people that tow these... Fri, 07 May 2004 02:04 Go to previous message
That's if You're not busy talking to "The Boys" Laughing Twisted Evil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Theifs in SA and Cops doing bugger all.
Next Topic:204 MPH with a 1JZ-GTE - Unbreakable
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 08:47:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064971446990967 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.