Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 01:02 Go to next message
hey
im looking into a bit more of a fansy mirror,the standard one works great but is HUGE, what has everyone else got or recommend, i like yogis might just be a bit small, they still need to be functional too.

tar

pics would be great

c
  Send a private message to this user    
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A little dodgy sounding but there is a chrome standard replacment mirror available from Kmart (or similar stores) that I think looks pretty cool.

http://i23.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/c4/35/b1_1_b.JPG

Not a good picture but you get the idea...
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of those small chrome ones that sit up high on the a-pillar. That would be old school.

I think you can get them from rare spares!
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=255584&rid=2037&S=16afd3bedb61106cc006 9fd5a07d69ab
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use and recommend XA-XC Falcon items (some would understand why!), they fit easily are cheap, and protect the lense from wind at high speed. If I was to do it all over again, I'd use Phase 3 GTHO Falcon replica mirrors, they have the same attributes as the first mirrors, but are half the size.

Clint
moo4AGZETA22
Regular

April 2003
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG is on the money. XA-XC mirrors look quite good on old Celicas.

Cheers,
Justin Rolling Eyes
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found different external rear view mirrors (mounted higher or lower on the door panel depending on the size of the mirror), in RA23's from different year, so I ended up getting a pair of TD/TE Cortina mirrors, visually similar to Clint's beloved early Falcon types, paint the housings nice gloss black, drill one extra hole, mounted them up.
Cheers,
Mitch.
flynn21atwork
Regular

November 2003
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My old man has a harley, I nicked some spare mirrors he had lying around, they look pretty good. Small but still functional, bike shops that do harley's usually have a nice range of cool looking aftermarket mirrors.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine are chrome standards, I recon they look great.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~nez_tony/mainpic.jpg

other than that, take a wander through a motorbike shop, some of them have really nice designs. I has just looking at a blackbird this morning and thought they were cool. Not too sure about having indicators in the fairing though.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28 wrote on Fri, 07 May 2004 13:31

Mine are chrome standards, I recon they look great.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~nez_tony/mainpic.jpg

other than that, take a wander through a motorbike shop, some of them have really nice designs. I has just looking at a blackbird this morning and thought they were cool. Not too sure about having indicators in the fairing though.

O.K... Who was driving and taking pictures at the same time???

What are you smirking at?

Are they RA28 standard??? Mine don't have that same shape.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 May 2004 03:49]

ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is about the 4th different type of standard mirror I have seen on a RA23/28 in Australia.
I wonder how many they list on the parts fiche for this item ?
Cheers,
Mitch.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Witzl was the artist

I always drive with a smile on my face, especially when I am overtaking Witzl.

Yep the photo is a little decieving, i am pretty sure they are the same as the standard black plastic jobbies found on most celicas, they just have a chrome tin back on the mirror.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah - i rekon the standards look pretty smick when you have a complete pair.... not just the driver side one.

I also had these, but they sucked - moving after 100kph.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgD3ApUUn8ICtn3tCBkcPld6GiH2hhWTdXBCj2mmFRNfa4BAZNndNIjDF2YlSMrlgyUMDRfUmlOsyW4coKhIuogGjFXM3ZosLVQ1Nl!mOIw/sillyfront.jpg?dc=4675389241488482736
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These are the mirrors on my Celicas:
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/3f820c22_14776/bc/Simon%27s+RA-28/__sr_/Front+right.jpg?ph7.xmAB2EpzfdSI

The stork the holds the mirror is different...
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Fri, 07 May 2004 15:16

These are the mirrors on my Celicas:
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/3f820c22_14776/bc/Simon%27s+RA-28/__sr_/Front+right.jpg?ph7.xmAB2EpzfdSI

The stork the holds the mirror is different...

yeah these are the same as mine

the ta23 only came with one mirror! i have the matching mirror but dont wanna drill into the door for it,

also dont want the old holes still showing so i am in a loose loose situation

craig
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The origonal post I mentioned the Kmart mirrors, they have a slotted plate that should fit up to the factory RA28 holes.

So drill the holes on the pass door to match the origonal mirror and fix the new mirrors to those holes. I would assume that the other few variations of mirrors would have the same screw spacing.

Just a suggestion.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is a better picture of the mirrors I'm refering to available in black (ready to paint) or chrome Cool
Less than $50.
https://rsp-secure.com/shop/e-cat/Products/Images/495.jpg
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers lambolica

i might look into those old falcon mirrors as well

but i think u might be on the money with those chrome mirors, however they may be to low?

btw why shouldnt anthony be smiling he has a mad car!! i bet his wife would have a smile like that if he got rid of it!

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrAiGzEE wrote on Fri, 07 May 2004 17:21

cheers lambolica

i might look into those old falcon mirrors as well

but i think u might be on the money with those chrome mirors, however they may be to low?

btw why shouldnt anthony be smiling he has a mad car!! i bet his wife would have a smile like that if he got rid of it!

Yes I've had the pleasure of drivng it, That smile stuck on my face for days... And yes his wife would smile too I bet.

You might be right about them being low, But the standard ones are a little High any how. Might be worth going to the wreckers for a look see as I've see these mirrors at Blacktown on a few wrecks (for sizing, height purposes.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they're exactly what i want. kmart u reckon.
better start lookin methinks.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go OLD SCHOOL dude!

http://www.luc1d.net/rally/event6/images/DSCF0043.jpg
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica? Fri, 07 May 2004 14:15 Go to previous message
im with lucid here stay true to the old skool jap style and stick em on your guards thats where i had mine looked sweet and still functional.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze - grounding bad short
Next Topic:4AGE Hesitation/Stuttering?!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 03:26:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010047912597656 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.