Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Anyone done a 1ggte conversion?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Fri, 07 May 2004 04:52 Go to next message
Hey guys, I'm really sorry for askin this again, but I have gone through the gallery on the 1ggte wirring stuff and still dunno whats what.

All i need to know is the pin-outs for the 3 plugs coming from the engine loom that arent the ecu plugs. If anyone has done a conversion, I'm sure they would have had to figure this out, so please give generously to those less fortunate (those more retarted) than u Smile

Any help PLEASE

Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Fri, 07 May 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm working on a 1G-GZE conversion so its likely that I am 100% wrong here, but anyway, could two of these three plugs be for the AFM ?
Can you post up a digi pick so we can see what you mean ?
Can you describe the plugs in more detail, round, flat, square, no. of pins, colour, etc ?
Help us and we will try to help you.
Cool Mitch.
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Tue, 11 May 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry mate.........

The three plugs I'm reffering to are in front of the passenger side foot-well. They are located right the ecu box. There are 3 plugs in the ecu, and 3 other plugs coming in from the loom. There is one grey, long-ish rectangular in shape and one grey,like a square. There is also a white plug. I don't have a digi camera I'm afraid , but i hope that cleared up which plugs I mean. I assume they are for things like dash instruments etc.

Thanks
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Tue, 11 May 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think he means the dash plugs Mitch. As for those, sorry I couldn't help you out with those Sad
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Tue, 11 May 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I have those diagrams somewhere!!! (believe it or not Razz)

Still can't wire the damn thing up in my car, but oh well, give me a minute to find them.

4.4MB... I got them from here i'm sure. (don't feel like uploading 4.4MB on ISDN here at work!)

http://toymods.org.au/Repository/TechDocs/1G%20ECU %20connectors.pdf

[Updated on: Tue, 11 May 2004 01:06]

Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Tue, 11 May 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do u know how to use a multimeter? and what ohms are??
get some masking tape and a texta and off ya go....
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Tue, 11 May 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes and yes... But I never seem to have the time right now. Might try this weekend... who knows! Installing a new timing belt this weekend anyway.
John S
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Tue, 11 May 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darkstar, having been there-done that, my suggestion would be to get Sixworks to sort the loom for you. You'll get it back labled with all the right relays fitted. I stuffed around for ages before I decided to send the loom off. Got it back, fitted it and it fired first go.
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Tue, 11 May 2004 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did respond to your request some weeks age. Have a look in http://toymods.org.au/Repository/TechDocs/1G%20ECU %20connectors.pdf This will give you the pin outs for the plugs.

Craig
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Tue, 18 May 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I checked that document, but it didn't seem to match my engine at all!!?? Perhaps that was for an older model 1G as mine is a gen3. Oh well....... by the way, how can you use the resistance of each wire to figure out what the do??

Thanks for the help anyway guys
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Tue, 18 May 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you talking about the ECU plugs (which are gen 2) or the other plugs as they match my gen3 loom.
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Wed, 19 May 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, the other plugs didn't seem to match either- i have 3 plugs not just 2 anyway. The problem is probably partly that im not sure how to read the diagrams, but if the wires were colour coded, it would be much easier. Anyway what with there only being 2 plugs instead of 3??
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Wed, 19 May 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate, Sometimes its better to give up while your still ahead Razz
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Fri, 21 May 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'll have to bite the bullet and get an Auto electrician Rolling Eyes

It's all worth it though right? Very Happy

It will go one day!! Razz
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Anyone done a 1ggte conversion? Fri, 21 May 2004 06:26 Go to previous message
Cos I never bothered to sort out the 3rd plug as in my half cut it didn't connect to anything.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Going from panel filter to pod
Next Topic:TA22 diff and axles
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 08:14:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.093700885772705 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.