Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Are women on a diet a turn off (4) 2 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
icon5.gif  Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 00:28 Go to next message

are women on a diet a turn off[ 46 vote(s) ]
1.yes 22 / 48%
2.no 24 / 52%

Was reading an article in a magazine and wondered what other people thought......
A guy wrote that everytime they went for dinner his g/f would order salad then pick at his plate for the rest of the night... which he stated was a no go zone...
He also noted that just because she was eating at his plate didn't mean that the kilojules were less....
so he ended up leaving her...

[Updated on: Sun, 09 May 2004 00:35]

Send a private message to this user    
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends really
i voted no, because mostly i couldnt care if she eats or not as long as its not excesive(anorexic or something), but i do agree that my plate is a no go zone Evil or Very Mad
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not really Smile theres some nice looking women on diets and some who aren't each to their own
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I disagree with dieting. If you want to lose weight, then exercise more.

Eating is a pleasure to be enjoyed.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true true
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually voted yes; but women on a diet is not the turn-off for me - it is either the woman or the diet. I see women every day that turn me on somewhat, but I cannot tell if they are on a diet or not.

My plate - I don't mind sharing food, but if I am hungry and they take too much, then they nearly rate a body slam.

Oh, and don't whinge about what they can and can't eat - if you're on a diet - then that's your choice.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem with dem women on diets is the associated ridiculous obsession with body image and poor self esteem that comes with the whole 'dieting' thing. It's not the picking off my plate that shits me, it's just how badly in denial they are about their own superficiality. Honestly, if a guy is going to reject you because of having more that 0.000005% body fat, then that guy is probably a dickhead anyway and not worth the dieting effort.

If a chick is a behemoth and they need to do on a diet for health reasons, that's understandable.\

All I can say is, eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly and whatever body nature has given you, it's that way for a reason.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted no, but there's dieting and there's dieting.
rabbit rations and watching ever KJ are big no no. If you choose not to eat maccas, make sure you get adequate fruit & veg, or even a vegitarian, then that's cool with me.
Speaking of poor body image, A girl I know goes to the gym 4-5 times a week, and has a *great* body, just my sort. Not completely athletic, there's just enough fat on her to make for some curves, without being pudgy.
And she's already started saving for liposuction and implants :\
This is a girl who has to fight off guys at clubs, she attracts that much attention.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 11:50

or even a vegitarian

That's a big no-no for me. I love my meat and I need a woman who I can share a great steak with.

<start flamefest>
Vegitarians are freaks IMO. Humans are omnivores.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately I have had to deal with this in the past, It's painful to see the effects of even apparently good diets have, in this case she had been a swimmer and on an AIS diet apparently this diet is great for performance of young athlete's but does not help you in later life, add this to some modeling, gym work and well end up with a woman obsessed with body fat level, to the point where she thinks your lieing when you tell her shes absolutely gorgeous, much much more to this story but i definitely voted no but after this painful experience i would be much much more careful.

Allan

[Updated on: Sun, 09 May 2004 02:53]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 12:28

<start flamefest>
Vegitarians are freaks IMO. Humans are omnivores.

Okay, fair enough, but I see plenty of people who think having a steak with a handful of peas and some potatoes with lots of gravy is a good meal. The argument works both ways. We are designed to eat LOTS of vegetables! From what I have heard 50% of your diet should be veggies. Potatoes, grains, and some other root vegetables don't count either.

The other problem with meat is the amount of crap that is pumped into it. Hormones and shit that can cause you cancer. Then again, most food colourings and flavors cause cancer too.

Food colouring has to be the most ridiculous thing! "Lets make this food kill people so that it can look nice!" Good job.\

Then again, your veggies are sprayed with what, as I understand it, is a form of nerve gas. So eating them is like some kind of extreme sport in of itself.

Having said that though, I'm not a vegetarian, and I love chicken.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 12:51

The other problem with meat is the amount of crap that is pumped into it. Hormones and shit that can cause you cancer.
..... yada yada yada..

and I love chicken.

well apparently its causing larger breasts to develop on younger woman so thats gota be an up side!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actualy I don't think it is. It's 'cuz women are developing sooner. Too soon.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i think I'm gunna have cancer when i'm older the way i eat meat i eat a fair bit of it steaks the beast eat veggies also but so either way were all f&%ked! Sad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 13:22

well i think I'm gunna have cancer when i'm older the way i eat meat i eat a fair bit of it steaks the beast eat veggies also but so either way were all f&%ked! Sad

It's true.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont miond if she wants to order a veggie meal, as long as I dont get death stares while I'm enjoying steak/chicken.
and the "imagine it as if it was your pet" line dopesn't work either, 'cause I have 6 chickens as pets Razz
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 13:50

I dont miond if she wants to order a veggie meal, as long as I dont get death stares while I'm enjoying steak/chicken.
and the "imagine it as if it was your pet" line dopesn't work either, 'cause I have 6 chickens as pets Razz

if she said to me "imagine if it was your pet" i'd say it was Very Happy veggie dudes don't realise that plants are living things too so eating animals is wrong because they are living when they get killed for meat (one of them said that to me once) but aren't plants still alive when they harvest them? so isn't that just as bad? i wish i would of thought of saying that back to her
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the point is that Animals are sentient, while plants are not.

<rant>

A better point is that to feed a person for a year, meat takes up a lot more space than vegetables. We have carved up the land and torn up far too many trees for cattle, and it is causing problems with topsoil disappearing, pollution, water not being trapped in the soil etc.

Our blatant disregard for our environment isn't just going to kill some endangered species that nobody cares about, or destroy some forest nobody has ever been to, it's gonna kill us. The warnings about murcury in fish is just a start.

</rant>
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a woman on a diet is not a direct turnoff in itself

however

being on a diet would indicate to me

a) shes too fat
b) shes got some mental problem about her image

and both of them are a turnoff to me.

dieting is also useless, you need to change your lifestye in order to change your body effectivley.

as for vegetarians, both my dad and my sister are vegetarian. they find cutting flesh off an animal and eating it gross, which it kind of is, and dont eat any meat. I however know that the human body is designed to eat meat as well as fresh vegtables and dairy (dairy's been eaten for thousands of years), so i eat everything, also doing a fair bit of bodybuilding i have no choice but to eat meat.

morally i think being vegetarian is good, but realistically its bad, my sister is anemic from lack of iron in her diet and gets sick very easily.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work with a vegetarian, he never shows low iron and gives blood regularly, he just uses good complementary foods (leafy green veg and a drink that is high in vitamin C).

Eating cow is all bad - it will give you mad cow disease.
Eating chicken is bad - makes my breasts large and is pumped full of hormones and anti-biotics.
Eating Pig is bad - it takes the body a long time to break down the enzymes or some such shit (ask any muslim).
Eating fish is O.K. as long as the fish is not very old (age) because of heavy metal build up (not Iron Maiden either draven)
But everything else that you have with it (vegetables included unless they are organic) is gonna f*#king kill ya.
Blah blah blah.

I am gonna die knowing that the steak that I had with chips and salad last night was fantastic.

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YelloRolla wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 16:49

I work with a vegetarian, he never shows low iron and gives blood regularly, he just uses good complementary foods (leafy green veg and a drink that is high in vitamin C).

Yeah, the Shao Lin monks seem to manage without meat either.
You have to eat right if you're a vego, but it's just so much effort to avoid doing something that we're meant to do and that give so much pleasure.

Things die so that we can live. It's called the food chain.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with max and jason.
I eat what tastes good, no other concerns in my diet Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted yes, if you have a chick that is always complaining about not being able to eat stuff, it can get very annoying.
I have my own girlfriend who basically eats well most of the time, but if she wants to eat something "bad" for her because it tastes good, I'll damn well encourage it!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't mind unless she is on the atkins 'diet'....gimme a break, the dude died of a heart attack!

All i can say is you need protein to function so STEAK it is.....and lots of it.

Salad is for girls.....this is why multivitamins were invented, leaves more room for steak.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FRANK AND BEANS!!

i dont care if she is on a diet, so long as its not one of those "fishy" diets.....

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well yes i guess chicks who diet are a turn off - as i agree with some of the comments relating to body image and asking if they look fat when they are really just searching for a compliment, and when they crap on about the brick sized piece of meat or the fact that my schnitzel is soo big i forgot to leave room for adequete serves of veggies, who gives a fuck, so new homo experiment is completed every coupla weeks around the world

- milk can give you autism
- aluminium in deodoarnat can cause internal bleeding
- talking on your cell phone can give you radiation
- tinkering with solvents and cars fucks with a lot of things
- fact: a lot of plumbers and tradesmen have dull senses by the time they are 30 due to solvents
sausages ( bless them ) are testicles, heart, feet offal and 1% mince, pretty gross, hight fat high colesterol, VERY HIGH TASTE lol

i havent even started on drugs!

who really gives a fuck enjoy everything in moderation and you will be fine, including your diet obsessed gf! lol

end rant
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only if there's a lack of protein in their diet Evil or Very Mad Cool
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 13:50

'cause I have 6 chickens as pets Razz

Not for long! Very Happy

The only thing that give you cancer is sleep.

ever met anyone with cancer that never slept, haircuts are another thing under suspicion
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard air could cause cancer in some causes, possibly also water.
Anyway i think dieting is a load of crap, i eat what i want (withing reason), and execrise regularly, i enjoy living my life.,
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everything gives you cancer, and life is an incurable terminal disease. A friend of mine (who's 20 years old) has had brain surgery to remove a tumour, followed by radiotherapy, with a 50-70% chance of it recurring, requiring further surgery and/or chemotherapy. He eats well, exercises regularly, blah blah.

It's things like that that make me just say "Well, if I'm gonna get cancer I'm gonna get it - might as well enjoy as much of my life as I can"
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think we can all say that we are gunna die Crying or Very Sad I'm shit scarred of death Shocked i just wanna live my life doing what i like so i can look back in my death bed and say yea i lived life Smile
Nightwatchman
Newcomer

May 2004

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would find that rather attractive. (taken to extremes on the other hand is a turnoff)
it depends.

to me it signals that the woman has respect for her own body.

and other less subtle signals like, just because she has a boyfriend doesn't mean she'll just not give a stuff about her attractiveness anymore.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may I recommend existential therapy, helps overcome death anxiety Smile (pick the guy doing a psych assignment)
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry_omega wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 21:33

I've heard air could cause cancer in some causes, possibly also water.
Anyway i think dieting is a load of crap, i eat what i want (withing reason), and execrise regularly, i enjoy living my life.,

I am of the understanding that oxygen is a major life shortening substance - nothing likes it (metal and rubber and us) I have seen some reports that tell us oxygen and "free radicals" are to blame, this is why you hear about anti - oxidants being all the go; chinese green tea, chocolate etc.

Have a free radical free diet - I am cool with that (bloody free radicals).
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 22:33

may I recommend existential therapy, helps overcome death anxiety Smile (pick the guy doing a psych assignment)

oooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkaaaay I shouldn't of mentioned that Laughing na I'm only scared because i don't know what will happen but I'm not to concerend as it doesn't affect my life if that was the case then i would be concered I do alot things that could lead to death and doesn't affect my life in anyway although i think about it now and again but doesn't affect me but thanks for the reconmendation Razz
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when you die you decompose! and if you manage to breed your genitics are passed on your roll as a human is compleate, your now worm food.

Allan
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just flinging random stuff around - don't get all concerned I'll have you committed or anything (few years before I can make those recommendations Razz)
A lot of people would argue that what you do in life isn't really important, it's what you can accomplish in the afterlife that is important.

And how the hell did the topic get here?! back on track, getting too close to a religious debate, which I'm too tired to get into, and would result in deletion anyhow Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its all your fault
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 22:49

when you die you decompose! and if you manage to breed your genitics are passed on your roll as a human is compleate, your now worm food.

Allan

oh well there something to look foward too!!!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"its all your fault"
you're not female are you Allan? Very Happy
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 23:00

"its all your fault"
you're not female are you Allan? Very Happy

must be that diet thats causing this hmmm yeah now where back on the subject
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and for those of you who tought I was scary in the gimp mask... I now have pvc pants, boots, a mesh shirt and pvc vest to complete the outfit.
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i eat subway for brekfast lunch and dinner i dont need a diet

Allan
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, Dr. Atkins died when he slipped and fell on a footpath. But I don't think the diet is that fantastic no matter how he died. It just works by suppressing appetite anyway. So you could 1. Go on the Atkins diet (and probably shorten your lifespan considerably), 2. Just eat less, or 3. Get more exercise.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or 4. get yourself a naturally high metabolism like me Smile
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes due to the whining etc assicaited with it and as mentiend b4 the superficiality of the whole thing
all a diet really is is fasting which is NOT healthy in most cases
if ya wanna loose weight exercise and change your lifestyle ie dont buy maccas meal on the way home and then scof all ay dinner with xtra servings afterwards and 3 differnt types of desserts
disipline ppl and no diet coke doesnt classify as disipline
drinkign water over any sweet drink does thou
grrrrr
/rant off
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do you say about people who usually have 2 dinners, sometimes 3, drink loads of coke, have maccas whenever the opportunity presents itself, and never exercise? Smile
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 10 May 2004 00:20

What do you say about people who usually have 2 dinners, sometimes 3, drink loads of coke, have maccas whenever the opportunity presents itself, and never exercise? Smile

id say hello heart attack
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I haven't had one yet Smile (he says around 2nd dinner, after 2 lunches)
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turn off not sure.

if its cause they wanna diet cause they have poor image of themselves and bad self esteem yes.

if its cause they are a positive person that wants to stay fit and healthy no

1 peice of fruit today has the same nuttrients in it as about 50 peices of the same fruit 40 yrs ago,due to commercial farming there is no longer any nutrience in the soil for todays massed produced fruit to get any for themselves-fruit is simply a confectionary with a healthy label

unless of coarse u eat organically grown.

higher protein diets with low carbs may help u lose weight but no doubt increase bowl cancer!!

many fats have much needed antioxidents take extra virgin olive oil for example.

thickening agents found in processed foods cause peeps to become overweight by messing around with cell structures and affecting insulin.

what i really hate is

do i look fat in this dress!!

my 2c
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Sun, 09 May 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YelloRolla wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 22:42

I am of the understanding that oxygen is a major life shortening substance - nothing likes it (metal and rubber and us) I have seen some reports that tell us oxygen and "free radicals" are to blame, this is why you hear about anti - oxidants being all the go; chinese green tea, chocolate etc.

Have a free radical free diet - I am cool with that (bloody free radicals).

Oxygen *is* actually poisonous. It's one of the most deadly substances out there. It's just that life evolved to make use of it when the plants used up all the carbon dioxide.

Shraka wrote on Mon, 10 May 2004 00:03

Actually, Dr. Atkins died when he slipped and fell on a footpath. But I don't think the diet is that fantastic no matter how he died. It just works by suppressing appetite anyway. So you could 1. Go on the Atkins diet (and probably shorten your lifespan considerably), 2. Just eat less, or 3. Get more exercise.

Actually, the Atkins diet forces your body to go into a reflexive shutdown and makes it start using your fat reserves for energy.
Needless to say, this isn't a very healthy thing to do.

draven wrote on Mon, 10 May 2004 01:34

well, I haven't had one yet Smile (he says around 2nd dinner, after 2 lunches)

Have you tested your cholesterol levels? Just because you're skinny doesn't mean that your body is OK.

</nerd>
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Mon, 10 May 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well according to recent studies (as shown by an ABC docco on the Atkins diet) the protein in the diet simply suppresses appetite. The amount of fat burned off by the participants was directly related to the fact that they where eating less food. This could however be because the diet forces you into a shutdown as you said, and thusly causes you to eat less. But there is no magic to it. It doesn't force you into ketosis (or however you spell it) and it doesn't take much more energy to process protein than it does carbs or fat.

However, Dr. Atkins died before they found out why his diet actualy worked. :/

[Updated on: Mon, 10 May 2004 01:29]

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Mon, 10 May 2004 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atkins diet is not good for your

if you dont believe me read this

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/atkinsdiet.htm

"On top of that, a lot of the weight lost is muscle mass, which is the body's metabolic engine. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. This is harmful especially in the case of the Atkins diet, because many followers of the diet find that they gain back the weight twice as fast, because they do not have the muscle that they did before the diet to combat the fat.

To compound it even further, by consuming all that fat, one is at high risk for heart problems due to the excessive amount of bad cholesterol, or LDL, found in fatty foods. This has been a big concern and criticism of the Atkins diet from the beginning."
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Mon, 10 May 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Nark wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 11:58
<start flamefest>
Vegitarians are freaks IMO. Humans are omnivores.[/quote]

In the words of the great Arthur Daly (the bloke from Minder for the less informed)
"Vegetarians are tomorrow's unemployed" Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Mon, 10 May 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't tested my cholesterole, but it is something I've been meaning to do for quite some time, as I know I dont eat terribly well Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Mon, 10 May 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Atkins diet is just a farce, okay it works and you'll lose weight, but it is not the way to stay healthy forever. The fact is, you are increasing your bodies metabolic rate without ever increasing it's cardiovascular efficiency, which basically stresses it on so many levels. It's like drinking caffeine/smoking....it's just not 'sound' in my books.

It's much better to continue with a rounded healthy diet *with complex carbs* (low glycemic index (?)) and do exercise.

(speaking from my knowledge garnered from countless hours studying physiology related to sports and health)
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Mon, 10 May 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool I have been on both ends of the so called diets and have now found a happy medium of excersizing regulary and eating well. Also being a chocolate lover and don't mind a few takeaway meals I try not to eat to much at one time.. I, as a woman find it hard when I go out with my friends and I want to pig out on a mud cake or Sticky Date pudding and they just stare at me while I am eating it and ask me if it is nice... I say order your own!!!
Life is toooo short to worry about what I am eating as long as I keep a happy medium I am Happy....

Cool Very Happy

As for the atkins diet it's all BAD.... if you MUST go on it the maximum time frame is 2 weeks...
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Mon, 10 May 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 10 May 2004 13:42

I haven't tested my cholesterole, but it is something I've been meaning to do for quite some time, as I know I dont eat terribly well Smile

you and me both mate but i never seem to gain wieght I'm skinny as!!!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Mon, 10 May 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditto mick - I weight all of 65kgs, and I'm 180cm tall!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Are women on a diet a turn off Mon, 10 May 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
draven wrote on Mon, 10 May 2004 18:57

ditto mick - I weight all of 65kgs, and I'm 180cm tall!

farrrrk thats scary mate I'm the same Shocked
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Unfortunate Names
Next Topic:The beheading?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:44:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091550350189209 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.