Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » most likely a "newbie" question. but, worth spending money on new headers+extracors to a 5

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
joshske
Occasional Poster

March 2004
most likely a "newbie" question. but, worth spending money on new headers+extracors to a 5 Sat, 08 May 2004 13:24 Go to next message
im up for any advice you guys could give me. like some celica owners im yerning for more power out of my 5s-fe celica sx. only mods so far is my K&N panel filter and a 2.25" exhaust (which im getting inspected to find out what the hell system it is seeing as I bought it with it and no info on it"

im trying to learn as much as I can so far, so I thought I qould ask these 2 questions

1) Worth the money (obviously I wont be doing the installs myself)

2) would it be a worthwhile thing to do for a bit more power?

open to suggestions. im probably asking too much, but if some of you have done/know about it, mayyybbbbe some model numbers or a price range it would end up as.

thanks in advance.
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most likely a "newbie" question. but, worth spending money on new headers+extracors to Sat, 08 May 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buy something reasonable, i.e. pacemakers, and you should feel a slight/moderate improvement. Remember, an NA 5S will never be a ballbreaker at any time!
joshske
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: most likely a "newbie" question. but, worth spending money on new headers+extracors to Sat, 08 May 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh god no I dont expect it to blitz most things on the road of course Smile im keeping this car for a few years till I can upgrade my loan and get my dream car which is a supra Smile

but I do want something to smash these shitty civic's/pulsar's/mirage's around the area here Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: most likely a "newbie" question. but, worth spending money on new headers+extracors to Sat, 08 May 2004 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by all means do your mods if you want the 5S-FE to beat mirages I thought yours would of my 3S-FE's in my camry's beatin a few but then again could of had something done to it don't know as I'm not the original owner but it looks stock though but also may be it had something to do with the driver dun know hey but in my opinion any stocko 4-cyl twin cam 5-spd toyota with efi has go for what it is defently would be interesting to see the power increase! but won't be as much as alot of people think i know for a fact because i had a WB holden ute 202 with extractors and a bigger carby and whilst it gave the advantage over stock 202 powered holdens it wasn't much quicker so the mods you have choosen would help it though good luck on putting the mirages/civics and pulsars to shame Very Happy
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: most likely a "newbie" question. but, worth spending money on new headers+extracors to Sun, 09 May 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate you'll have to mod it for to beat the liberty, but the pulsar, mirage thingies your really shouldn't be having that much of a trouble with, mine beat a AU XR6, that was fun i have to say Very Happy death to fords.

as far as mods are concerned, how much money do you have to spend and what are you willing to do to it, there are many dodgey ways to do things.

mine currently not working on getting power out of my engine, but i'm more then happy to try and help you out.

cheapest way to increase power is to modify your intake, then i would look at advancing your timming, and running BP ultimate ~which i know you are already doin~

let us know how you are goin mate

[Updated on: Sun, 09 May 2004 02:38]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: most likely a "newbie" question. but, worth spending money on new headers+extracors to Sun, 09 May 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na its more fun beating 6 cyl commodores god its funny watching bogans thrash these things and get nowhere Very Happy oh ok I see i should of read this when i was sober Laughing has you exhaust got extractors? if not i suggest you get a set these help you get a little more perfomance and a slightly better fuel economy probablly set you back $300-$400 plus labour as for death to fords I'd prefer a falcon over a commodore anyday Very Happy the commodores auto gear box especally in the VN's seem so doey if you wan't a 6 cyl commodore get one with a manual the 8 is good but then again it doesn't really matter most of the time what gear box is behind a V8 its gunna have go and plus just about every commodores been thrashed there a family car not sports get over it bogans (sorry no offence if anyone here owns a commodore i'm just saying that there a bogans car my opinion) I'm not gunna say death to holdens as they had decent ones last made 20 years ago but instead death to commodores Evil or Very Mad
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: most likely a "newbie" question. but, worth spending money on new headers+extracors to Sun, 09 May 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoL my first post in like over a year. Not much changed...... same BS different day. Shitty civics eh?? Wanna race my G/F in her civic?

Save your money and get that supra you really are hanging out for.
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: most likely a "newbie" question. but, worth spending money on new headers+extracors to Mon, 10 May 2004 21:09 Go to previous message
meh i didn't say i liked holdens either..... but when it comes to V8 i go for holden over ford, sorry mate, its true, as for owning commy or falcon i can see that happening anytime soon i don't like either of them really.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze - grounding problems
Next Topic:what supercharger can I use??????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 14:09:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003695011138916 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.