Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Got fined last night - $374!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

icon8.gif  Got fined last night - $374!! Mon, 10 May 2004 22:00 Go to next message
well last night my luck ran out..

i had just filled up my tank, i was at a woolies servo (end of mooringe avenue, for the adelaide ppl) as i left the servo, i had to go the other way, there was a no u-turn sign there, apparently... well i came into it pretty quicked, ripped the handbrake, changed down to first, kept it going, once i had turned around, there was a right hander coming up, so i came into that quick in second, bit of a flick and clutch kick, whoooeeeeeee! Rolling Eyes

ahh what fun... continue to wind out second a bit, (on mooringe now) then change up and roll from 85-90 down to 65

next thing i know there are cop lights flashing behind me, oh shit here we go...

so cop says, how fast u goin down this street? i say 60, his face all starts to contort with anger which was v funny, and he goes IM SORRY it didnt look like 60 to me! i say well i revved 2nd a bit, so it may have sounded like i was speeding, but i was doing 60 honest LOL.

cop is getting angry at this point, he says look im gonna search ur car. i then thanked the gods as i patted the weed in my pocket, he was never gonna find shit. the guy was a fuckhead, he tried to say that my torch was a weapon of some sort, ffs its only an aluminium led torch, weighs no more than 200grams ffs, anyways...

so he says to me 'why did u turn at a no u-turn?' i said 'i didnt see the sign'

then he says 'and what made u lose control of the vehicle in those corners' i say 'lose control? im sorry i dont know what u mean' cop is getting red now... he says 'u had no control son, that car was sideways' im like bah, 'car was sideways, but it doesnt mean i wasnt in control..'

then they gave me on the spot fine, $374, ill write it down..

Disobey no u-turn sign $203
Drive vehicle without having proper control $90
Drive with no rego sticker $81 - my fault i know..

BUT, im happy, they didnt defect me, and i dont think i lose any demerit points.

well thanks for listening to my story ppl, now im only further away from having my mods.. ghey. i guess its lucky i didnt buy that r/c car yesterday hehe
  Send a private message to this user    
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Mon, 10 May 2004 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg poor poor weed...... i hope the poor thing didnt stress out. Did anything happen to the weed????
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Tue, 11 May 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should have said "Look buddy, I have more control than you, I chalenge you to a battle on the Akina Downhill! Loser pays the fine!" Very Happy
gtvolv
Regular

November 2002
Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Tue, 11 May 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 11 May 2004 11:13

You should have said "Look buddy, I have more control than you, I chalenge you to a battle on the Akina Downhill! Loser pays the fine!" Very Happy

Laughing Laughing
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Tue, 11 May 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go back and have a look. If there is no "No U-Turn" sign there, take pics and contest that part of the fine. You will get away with it no probs.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Tue, 11 May 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For every nice and good cop in Adelaide, there'll be at least 10 arseholes Sad I've thankfully met more good cops than arseholes!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Tue, 11 May 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Tue, 11 May 2004 12:59

Go back and have a look. If there is no "No U-Turn" sign there, take pics and contest that part of the fine. You will get away with it no probs.

and if there is a sign, you can always rectify that Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Tue, 11 May 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love it when cops get uncontrollably angry like that.
one guy who pulled me over looked like his eyes were about to pop out of his head, and I swear he was 1 smart arsed remark from just smacking me in the face (and I thought I was being polite!)
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Tue, 11 May 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes..go and get rid of that u turn sign..
would that work?>
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Tue, 11 May 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or u could blow up every single cop shop in adelaide and then just to be on the safe side blow up the state debt recovery.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Tue, 11 May 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all

yeh im gonna try bending the sign over and taking a pic

coz the no u-turn was $209 or something, so yeh if i can get that taken off, fine will only be $180 or so

fuck i hate cops..
Lord_Ed
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Wed, 12 May 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you cross a solid white line? That's all they need. Basic road rules. It just sucks you got caught.

Sign or no sign, the fine will still apply.. its a bullshit excuse.

</rant>

I get it nearly everyday in my line of work. Someone comes along, does something they know is wrong, then whinges at me "Oh, I didn't see the sign." Fuck off and get a life or a least come up with something original.

Everyone has a duty of care in this life. To excuse your actions because you didn't see a sign that was stamped the inside of your glasses doesn't hold water with me and certainly won't hold with a copper.

</end rant>

Ah, the internet. That felt better.

Have a nice day!

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Wed, 12 May 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can see your point dude. I really can. What I was trying to say is this:

If it's at an intersection that doesnt have a no right turn OR no U-Turn sign, it is actaully legal to do a U-Turn. So they actaully shouldnt have fined him IF there was no sign. If there was, then that's fair enough, he got what was coming.....
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Wed, 12 May 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lord ed i said i didnt see the sign to make me appear somewhat honest, and make me look like i didnt have complete disregard for the law.

and if its your job to collect these fines (sound like u do something like that) then u can get a fucking life! Cool

peace

[Updated on: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:23]

Lord_Ed
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Wed, 12 May 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the rest of this month at least. I'm moving on to another job so I guess then I will have a fucking life Razz

The law enforcement side of things is not particularly enjoyable for me and is only part of my job. The whole sign issue is just one aspect that keeps popping up when dealing with people breaking the law. Hence the rant. The people giving out the fines can get annoyed by the whole thing too.

Still, taking a photo of a sign you just flattened and showing to the police probably isn't a good idea Smile

Ed
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Mon, 17 May 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a get one boonger rust bucket, attacth one large bullbar, drive over sign, go down to intersection the next day in day light take photo............done, u will get off of that $209, imagine what i could sell u for $209 lol,

i wonder if he had found the week if he woulda used the 'jail is a rough place for young blokes like you'.

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Mon, 17 May 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simple answer...
don't pay the fine until you receive the second reminder notice...

a large number of fines get lost in the system...

go onto the website written on the ticket and type in the infringement number and if it doesn't come up then it hasn't been processed or may have been lost! (bonus!)
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Tue, 18 May 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i just found a way to beat the system. a way where you dont loose no points but you have to pay the fine. it just worked for my brother. im not sharing so ner friggin ner.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Tue, 18 May 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bet its the way where u pay by cheque and its a few bucks more than the fine
and they have to send u a cheque back and if u dont cash it.. u never lose points...
btw that doesent work
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Tue, 18 May 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SetMeFree wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 19:21

well i just found a way to beat the system. a way where you dont loose no points but you have to pay the fine. it just worked for my brother. im not sharing so ner friggin ner.

well im not losing any points on this either, as its an on the spot fine

so ner friggin ner Razz
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Sun, 23 May 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toobs - there is no website witten on the notice, do u know a website where i can check it?

thanks dude
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Sun, 23 May 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, i got an on the spot...disobey u turn.

up near hungry jacks at TTP

2 demerit points. Rolling Eyes

sorry man
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Sun, 23 May 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
REVENUE MAKING Rolling Eyes

get a real job! anyone smell bacon?

[Updated on: Sun, 23 May 2004 12:39]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Sun, 23 May 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve-AE86 wrote on Sun, 23 May 2004 17:46

actually, i got an on the spot...disobey u turn.

up near hungry jacks at TTP

2 demerit points. Rolling Eyes

sorry man

oh man... no. does it say demerit points lost on the fine slip, or do u only find out when u go to pay it?

that sucks..
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Sun, 23 May 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good one Arch Rolling Eyes

Laughing
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Got fined last night - $374!! Mon, 24 May 2004 11:32 Go to previous message
sorry dude...cant remember. dont have it anymore.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AW11 GZE vs 5L Commondore
Next Topic:quarter mile times
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 07:13:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068268775939941 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.