Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mycress
Occasional Poster

May 2004
1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Wed, 12 May 2004 20:46 Go to next message
Guys, Gurus,

I really need some help here... I first noticed that my 1G had the unburnt fuel smell comin out from the exhaust and some missing (Poping) sounds as well. The Engine seems to be missing a bit.(Jerks while idling, 5-10 secs a 'jerk' sequence)

After consulting the SEARCH function, i've DIY the Diagnostics test and found code 25. This code refers to a LEAN fault. How is this possible? I'm really stumped here Sad . Please advice on the next course of action which I should take.

P/s: I did reset the ECU and the problem still persist.

Help is much appreciated

Send a private message to this user    
1G-GTEFreAk
Regular

November 2002

Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Wed, 12 May 2004 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds to me like you've got a faulty fuel pump or a clogged.I was having a similar problem on my Chaser and I changed the fuel pump.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Wed, 12 May 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blocked injector /injectors can do it

how the hell can that be u ask Confused Confused Confused

well when an injector/s is/are blocked
the remaining injectors will run rich to compensate for the one that is blocked and u have unburnt feul out the zorst ,

this will also foul ur spark plugs

thats what i ave been told before and have first hand experience with my old car where exactly the same thing happened

also chek ur spark plugs and leads , if theres not enuf spark then the fuel wotn be burned and will cause it to missfire
mycress
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Thu, 13 May 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply guys....

Well... changed the plugs before.... the older one was all fouled up....the sparks were good....no abnormality found (My mech used a clip with a sort of a light on the end of the cable to test it.)<=== is this the correct way to measure ???

Checked the fuel pressure.... it was good..... Thinkin of swapping the AFM with another 1G just to make sure that the AFM is still good.....Have any more ideas on whats goin on??

Appreciate the kind help again guys.....
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Thu, 13 May 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be checking and changing the fuel filters also, my old Starion used to have this problem, would be fine, and then it'd clog up and die. Not cool
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Thu, 13 May 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the same error code coming up, i believe its cause my fuel pump turns on and off irraticlly at idle, no idea why

might be a error in the wiring
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Thu, 13 May 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
craig check your relay it could be stuffed
bbdond
Regular

April 2004
Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Fri, 14 May 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hay dude i had a simmiler problem with my 1G and i changed the fule filter....Running like magic now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

good luck!
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Fri, 14 May 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine Also does this. I have no idea why either. First it was the fuel pump running outa flow, i changed that; bigger pump, and it fixed it up a heap. But i still have it leaning out and starting to ping if i rev it alot. So i havent been reving it because its not gonna be good for the engine! Just waiting for some money so i can get it dyno tuned.

Also did the diagnostics, but it doesnt tell me that its running lean? What else could it be?
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Sat, 15 May 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it is the pump doing funny things at idle, could it be the a voltage iregularity, or the closed circuit relay fouling up.
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Sun, 16 May 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gidday

I am a bit confused? The 1GFGTEU manual that I have does not mention an error code 25!.

Craig
mycress
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Mon, 14 June 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Updates

Changed the Fuel Filter === No difference

Checked and cleaned Dissy cap and plug wires === Firing well

Swapped AFM with a 1GGTE === No difference

Increased Fuel pressure w/ Fuel Regulator === Tends to 'choke' on boost

Some recommendations from frens:-
1. Get the whole Plug wires,dissy cap/rotor assembly replaced
2. Get a dyno result and study the A/F ratio
3. Replace the O2 sensor (Anyone know where is it located???)

Symptoms of Engine currently
1. 'popping' while idle
2. By depressing the accelerator pedal on idle (Tried to stabilize at RPM 2K)..... Tends to go down about 200-300 RPM
3. Diagnostics returns a Code 25 (Lean)
4. 'Chokes' on boost. But after flooring d pedal, boost comes on normally.

Well, i'm really kinda stumpped now guys, any advise is worth alot to me now...

Cheers.......
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Tue, 15 June 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pull the idle up bypass off its on the front of the plenum. clean it out, also pull out the little disc inside it's a one way valve, clean it and put it all backtogether.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Tue, 15 June 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or get it put on a dyno with engine analyzers and you will be able to trace what is going on...i'll be doing this to mine in a few weeks
mycress
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 1GGTE Running Lean or Issit? Mon, 21 June 2004 13:51 Go to previous message
Hey ya peeps,

Okay...got to see another mech last week, initial diagnostics done resulted that I need a change of the fuel pump....

The mech said that a Skyline fuel pump will be fine...... THis is because he fiddled around with my Fuel Regulator and said that my 1G aint gettin enough fuel....

Any comments on this>?? BTW...the dyno session will be after i replaced the fuel pump.....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2jzgte head differences ??
Next Topic:SW20 MR2 spare wheel...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:02:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051779747009277 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.