Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » what with workshops Flogging ur car??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 03:49 Go to next message
u know the deal.. u go to a workshop to get something done.. e.g exhaust , suspension, brakes,...anyway doesn't matter who it is.. u always hear stories of how ppl's cars have had the shit booted out of them.. do u call that good service?? i think they should do a undercover thing on today tonight bout this.. and catch the assholes doing it... doing burn outs etc..
  Send a private message to this user    
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Precisely the reason I don't let anyone else work on my car anymore.
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive seen it being done to a 200sx looked awesome going sideways but it was a friend doing it.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2004 03:57]

SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea man.. my brother even does it..he's a apprentice panelbeater he said some guy with a 94 supra tt came in.. and he was flogging it round the block.. i went right off!! i was so angry and its not even my car.. no respect aye!
he said he's work offered to do my HG.. but no way.. he just wants to give it hell
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your other option is just hanging "near" the workshop all day.. and it u see them doing.. just punch the shit through them!
i got charged for physical intensional abuse after i did that .. and i saw this lil C*nt doing drifts up the street.. he drove up.. i came up from behind and king hit him in the head "backstabbings a trade mate! " Laughing
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone remember the mustang story in the US? the owner took her car in for a service, apprentice mechanic took it for a hammering then told everyone on the mustang forums, only to his surprise that the owner was a contribuing member and read every post

dude lost his job

lol
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The VERY easy way to stop this happening is to look at the k's on your clock and write it down when you arrive. Make sure you do it with them looking. When you get back, if it's more than 2 or 3 k's then ask them what the deal is....
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im taking the keys away from the shop respraying my car. may consider taking out the rotor button as well.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep had that done to me Sad , went in to get a respray and a bit of body work,... so i put in a tiny camera (you can get them from jaycar) and hid it in the a/c vents...caught them doing it Evil or Very Mad and got my money back, another respray, and new mags put on as they managed to scratch them Confused

Put in the camera after the previous time i had been there and there was a near empty fuel tank (went in with 1/2 tank)

Thats my 2cents
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheesh. Well I wish someone would flog my car so I could get all that. Very Happy

Nice one dude. Got what they deserved

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2004 06:32]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car goes in for a service with 4L of fuel Wink
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol. Well that is what about 30k's worth of flogging. Very Happy
mxfly
Newcomer

April 2004
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A guy with his black 200SX S15 took his car in for an oil change to an authorised Nissan dealer. The apprentice who did the job decided to go round the block. During his joyride, he managed to write off the car. Pics have been on the net, but I cant remember where it is. I'll find it and post it up.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 16:46

Lol. Well that is what about 30k's worth of flogging. Very Happy

Ah grasshopper!

The mysterious ways of the MA61 digi dash is that it lights up and shows ZERO fuel......so you would have to be pretty stupid to take it for a belt when the digital scale reads zero.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm. Unless they have a can of fuel sitting in their workshop for just the sort of people who do that!! Very Happy Very Happy
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last time i picked up my car the fuel light was on, when i dropped it off it had about 1/5 of a tank left.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like I said, check the mileage before you drop it off.
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like that camera trick.. but how did u get to see the image.. was it transfered to a tv or what??
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend dropped in her holden SLR5000 to a shop to get an alarm installed, when she got back it had a broken axle and they said it just broke on its own, nobody drove it.
they have no proof, dont think shes getting any compensation for it.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these things happen often and its hard to stop. you cant really complain about a few k's on the clock cause a road test is usually a couple of k's, i think when i was at toyota the standard was 2.6 killometers. you could always wait around the corner in another car and follow them on their road test if you got nothing better to do.
i can honestly say i dont flog cars at work even though its tempting having worked on a few R33's, S14's, EP82's, JZA80's etc... but its not worth getting caught.
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 28 April 2004 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had this happen a while ago, dropped my car at a workshop that was close to my house, walking back home i hear this car hammering down the road, i thought to myself that sounds ok, and to my surprise i see my car being driven by some idiot mechanic, doing well over the 60kph speed limit!
i went back and told the proprietor about my concern, he said that in order to find the problem, you have to test the car!
needless to say i never went back.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This sort of thing really shits me!
even the best of mechanics seem to break things and not tell you...

I even had one mechanic complain about other mechanics saying that he won't take his car to any mechanic because they always break something and don't tell you and then when I am cleaning my car I notice that he has broken 10 or so of the little pop clips that hold your interior in...
I find the fact that he broke them and didn't tell me even after his complaints about other mechanics really annoying!

BTW the clips are only worth a few cents (or nothing) from pickies its just the principle of the thing that annoys me!
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont mind as long as the mechanic dosent drive the car harder than i do.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn those plastic clips, they always break!
a little OT but at my tafe theres a HSV manta donated by holden to the tafe, its there cause the owner had it for less than 5000kms and complained of a vibration over 180km/h. holden couldnt find the prob so gave him a new car. not a bad deal i reckon Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol. Who worries about a little vibration over 180 clicks??? I am sure my car would have a few.... Very Happy
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would like to know more about this camera thing how did u record it ???
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car is SCARY over 180... its all over the place Evil or Very Mad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 12:23

i dont mind as long as the mechanic dosent drive the car harder than i do.

Guess my car is welcome at any mechanics workshop then Cool
arena
Regular

January 2003
      ?
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, you see the trick is to have a hard old drift machine and housemate as the mechanic that way if anything goes wrong you can allways put unknown ladies underwear in his bed while hes out at dinner with his gf. Wink
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mechanic flogs the shit out of my car i dont really care i do the same!!! but he knows you bends it??? you mendz it!!! Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahaha

funny!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SoarerFury wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 17:59

i like that camera trick.. but how did u get to see the image.. was it transfered to a tv or what??

i had it wired to a transmitter (under the car) which was able to send data for like ~3km or something and was transferred onto my mates 3 phone... the one with the video conversations & all that.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 18:35

SoarerFury wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 17:59

i had it wired to a transmitter (under the car) which was able to send data for like ~3km or something and was transferred onto my mates 3 phone... the one with the video conversations & all that.

thats way to technical,

just remember ppl, u leave the car there with a "vibration under load" complaint, u know its gonna get flogged to the shitter, and the test route for my old work was 7 km, up and down hills ect
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That has never happened to me as my car has never been worked on by anyone but me but a good way to make sure your car cant get flogged is if you have an aftermarket ECU set the rev limiter to like 3000rpm before you drop it in to the workshop , A mate used to own a Turbo RX4 with Haltech and when he took it in to the exhaust shop he set the limiter to 3000 rpm , when he went to pick it up later the exhaust bloke said there was somethink wrong with the car as it would not rev out .

Trevor
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 1jz soarer will only be serviced by my uncle Smile
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i got my rolla blue slipped i left it there for the morning and when i picked it up he said "goes alright doesnt it Very Happy " with a massive grin on his face
its ok hes passed me on some other cars that maybe shouldnt have so im not to woried about him.
its just when u drop your car off and you hear from the back of the workshop "man that things on the roids" thats normally a good sign to hang nearby and keep an eye on them Mad
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 29 April 2004 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nobody that I don't really trust ever works on my car.
If I ever leave them with someone though, I'll set a password on the Motec and also set the rev limiter to about 2500rpm.
That's more than enough to move the car around and even drive around the block, but little more.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Fri, 30 April 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HMmm my cars is in for repairs atm, now i worried. They seem like a good company, porbly a good thing my car is almost empty.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Fri, 30 April 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just take your car to someone you can trust. You shouldn't be letting someone you don't trust play with your brakes/suspension/electrical etc anyway.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Fri, 30 April 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when my car was in the shop there was also a old falcon ute and just putting it on the ramp the guy was thrashin it... ive also seen the guy driving around in top notch cars goin a lot quicker than he should be...id like to know what i havnt seen them do....
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Wed, 12 May 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any respectable workshop will treat your car with the respect it deserves. Some complaints need ot be driven in a certain mannor to be able to diagnose them and then confirm they are gone after repair. We are luckythe M2 is close for anyting up to 110kph and of course we have the dyno for High speed/rpm complaints.

That being said a GOOD workshop will have strict rules on who does what with your car. Hell in the last 9 months I have driven countless GTR skylines, Lotus, Porsche, Audis, Alfas, TT supras, Stroked/supercharged commodores, Corvetts, 10 second VL turbos and countless race and rally cars etc etc etc. I couldn't tell you how any of them drive over 30 or 40 kph ! Hell if I so much as gave one a Squirt up the block and back I'd be on my way to Centrelink ! Any workshop that lets the apprentice drive them isn't somewhere I would consider going to, not even for a pink slip !

To be honest its fairly simple. If you have a performance car you should take it to a performance mechanic. For starters if they are anything like us there will be strict guidelines on driving customers cars and who can test drive what. Secondly when they are used to working on Race cars and high performance streeters they hardly get excited when something powerful arrives. Mind you I guess we go to extremes here. We won't even employ apprentice mechanics as we place to much importace on the job being done right the first time. You just can't mix inexperience and high performance.

Fact is you tend to get what you pay for. Performance isn't acheived by the lowest bidder, as I said before, Performance cars require performance mechanics. When you drop your car off be up front with them. ASK them who drives there cars etc. If they have nothing to hide they will happily tell you.

just my 2 cents.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 May 2004 23:27]

Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 13 May 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a dealership mechanic id never thrash a customers car for the sake of youve got to respect whats not yours.If i owned my own shop and caught another mechanic killing it id sack him as mentioned prerviously.Dont go in with your fuel light blinking what happens when a mechanics has to do a coolant flush/bleed u run then tank dry and or suck the dirt and crap up the filter blocking your filter quicker and poss damaging the fuel pump. If u dont trust your mechanic do it yourself!. may i ask where the toyman works at?
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Thu, 13 May 2004 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im lucky. My mechanic prolly treats my car better than i do, and i am anal about it! It also helps not having a younger mechanic, and also having the workshop in an inner city area where you can't really fang it too hard...
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Fri, 14 May 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i took my car in for side intrusion bars. when they first saw it they thought it was a piece of shit car.
when i picked it up a week later it had another 15km on the clock, and the guys said it ran out of fuel on the 'first drive'.
if 15km isn't even 1 days worth of driving i hate to think what it would be up to if i had a full tank in it.
anyway, when i pick it up the guys seem to have changed their mind anout the 'shit car' thing. also got the usual broken clips and lost bits.
never going back there again.
krisvm
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Sat, 15 May 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My uncle was once sent a speeding fine and notice for license suspension for doing 140km/h in an 80km/h zone. The time of offence occured exactly when the car was supposed to be in service for a tune up.
NVD05X
Regular

June 2003
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Sat, 15 May 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i work across the road from alto bmw at artarmon and we see them doin burnouts and speeding all the time...

m3's and all
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: what with workshops Flogging ur car?? Sat, 15 May 2004 10:23 Go to previous message
put a line of white chalk on your tyres...

if the car goes sideways or starts burning rubber, the whiteline will be gone by the time u pick it up...

i think that woudl work... ive never tried it thou
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What state has the worst drivers?
Next Topic:Well earned plugs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 04:39:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095078945159912 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.