Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Sterio SPL Levels Thu, 05 September 2002 13:52 Go to next message
was there a page on this site that listed the SPL levels from peoples car sterio systems.

if there is/was i've seamed to have lost it.

can you help me out ... thanks.

also, if there wasn't i must have seen it somewhere else... could u please direct me to that page..

happy hunting.
  Send a private message to this user    
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sterio SPL Levels Fri, 06 September 2002 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont think there is a page!?

But hey, why not start one!!! Smile

144dB Single ALpine Type S Dual Voice Coil, Clarion AMP.

Done at Newcastle Street Machines Show.
Came first in my class.

Wonder what it is now with the Type R? Confused
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sterio SPL Levels Fri, 06 September 2002 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn Daniel, that's pretty impressive...
Does anyone have a dB meter and know how to set the bass levels for maximum dB??? I'm interested in doing mine when i get it all running...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spl equipment is VERY expensive, beyond any normal person's reach, i dont know anyone who has the equipment.

steve-ae92, i highly doubt a single alpine type s is capable of 144dB, considering the number of systems i have seen and what they have produced (using the type S). What clarion amp is this? if it is true 144db, then i am impressed (and shocked)

Ben- est around mid-high 130dB conservatively for your car, with some proper tuning and mucking around, we can aim to hit 140dB.
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've done a legit 140.6 in the cressida running two 100w rms subs and a 650rms amp i use graham humphries metre (old powersound)
i'v set up much bigger systems though

[Updated on: Tue, 10 September 2002 08:33]

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have the trophy to prove it Smile

I'll try to take some snaps of the trophy...

it was only a VNET 2100 but it was a DVC type s and i was running it parralelled...

It was running at about 1.5 Ohms...
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here they are Very Happy

http://my.integritynet.com.au/dhall/Picture%20516.jpg

http://my.integritynet.com.au/dhall/Picture%20517.jpg
Not very good pics these next few, but this one is of the dB meter... And the Sony Xplod dudes who did it...
http://my.integritynet.com.au/dhall/04.jpg
This is the set up, a massive box for a single DVC 12, and a long port. It wasn't very good for everyday listening, but it was very deep and had allot of excursion. The new set-up (after that one got nicked) is completely different, probably no louder, but sounds absolutely magic for everyday listening.
http://my.integritynet.com.au/dhall/Dans%20sub.jpg
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohh yeah the Clarion VNET 2100 was on the right and the Sony Xpold 222 on the left was for the 6x9's
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that dosn't make sentence???
the sub has 2x4ohm voice coils in parralel, dosn't that show the amp 2ohm mono?? anyway i think the metre was out of calibration dewd not to hammer you or anything it's just 144 spl is very very very loud
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm not considering weather or not to buy a second Lansar 1200D class amp. this would enable me to have 1 sub / amp. getting approx 1200rms into each 300rms sub. now that would fkn pump.

if you guys think this would make a difference to the overall sound quality can ya let me know. thanks.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldn't the db reading depend on the type of music?

also just do a hearing test to find out how loud the car is, sit inside shut all doors and windows, turn up full sit in car for 30 seconds then time how long it takes for your ears to stop ringing Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 10 September 2002 09:58]

mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the lanzar is one sexy amp man... though i am an earthquake freak my mate is selling a system thats a little on the larger side...a set(x2) of 15" earthquake magma subs and a earthquake PHD2 amp puts out a measly say.......2100WRMS (thats 6500watts in cheap arse amp talk)!!!!!!!!!
also comes with a Streetwires 1 farad Stiffning cap

before anyone asks this is serious equiptment worth alot of money ie each sub retails at $1400 the amp $2100 and cap $450

so yeah offers over $100 please Smile
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well. i'm getting these $1000 amps for $650, which is why i'm considering getting another... though i have to say they are second hand. but who m i to complain... as long as i get the receipt of the person when he bought them, lansar have a 3 year warrenty i think.

also. as far as i know, this guy who has them, is selling 4 of them. if anyone was interested.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl, so when are you gunna come and tame the beast??? That is, tune the massive amp Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
Mmmmmmm 140dB... I like the sounds of that... I won't be able to listen to it that loud... Especially with 10 midrange speakers... I think I'll go deaf!!! PPL that used to sit in the back of the Swift couldn't breathe... Now their heart will stop... Hahahaha!!!
Z1Soarer
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Tue, 10 September 2002 18:38

I have the trophy to prove it Smile

I'll try to take some snaps of the trophy...

it was only a VNET 2100 but it was a DVC type s and i was running it parralelled...

It was running at about 1.5 Ohms...

I'd say they would have to be outlaw readings

ie (mic was prob in the port hole or somthing rather than the dash, theres a whole bunch of variables, & yes the mic could calibrated wrong

but you still won it on the day so I'm not taking any credit from you there!
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what if i told you....cough up some more doosh not to much more and you'll get yourself something quite spectacular...the magma's are the louldest sub in the world at 30htz... most american champs are using this equiptment ant the moment!!!!

http://www.earthquakesound.com
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx83toy wrote on Tue, 10 September 2002 19:26

that dosn't make sentence???
the sub has 2x4ohm voice coils in parralel, dosn't that show the amp 2ohm mono?? anyway i think the metre was out of calibration dewd not to hammer you or anything it's just 144 spl is very very very loud

Ok I'm not too sure about the ohm's, this is what I was told by Erina Car Sound.

The VNET 2100 runs at a stable 2ohm bridged, not parralelled, so I thought it made sense that when it is paralelled it is brought down even more?

Z1Soarer wrote

I'd say they would have to be outlaw readings

ie (mic was prob in the port hole or somthing rather than the dash, theres a whole bunch of variables, & yes the mic could calibrated wrong

but you still won it on the day so I'm not taking any credit from you there!

The mic was sitting on the front passengers seat, with the arm holding it right up near the front window.

I agree, 144dB is VERY loud, but hey, thats what it came out at, and thats the proof I have, so thats what I'm going to continue to tell people. If it was measured a couple of other times at say 133dB or something, then I would be telling people that reading. But, unfortunantly, it didn't take too long after the sound off for the stereo to be off with a new owner... Bastards, stole it in broad day light, car alarm going off its tits, and these old people apparently just strolled straight past them and decided to tell someone that a car was being broken into 100 mtrs up the road... Even though that freakin car park was right next door to my work!!! I hate old people Shocked expecially on the roads Mad

I don't know how true this statement is, but here goes anyways, apparently if you turn crank your stereo, and the sub makes your vision go blurry, and makes you feel sick in the stomache, then you would be doing around 145+dB, as I said, don't flame me for saying this but it was something I was told.

GIN51E:

Yes the SPL would differr between different types of music, and tracks, I was using a SPL cd, cant remember which one exactly, but if you do a little search on Kazzaa, search for:
BASS MECHANICS or MECHANIX?
BIG BASS
BASS QUAKE
just to name a few...

[Updated on: Tue, 10 September 2002 13:28]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got this mad CD of a dude in the states calling himself "DJ Fury" It's just awesome bass tunes that go off... 'Bass National Anthem' is the best on it and rocks...
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bass mechanic is great be carefull though it brings things up an octave!!!!
yeah the amp your refering to is 2ohm stable in stereo 4 in mono to run your sub correctly and safly without the amp shutting down the amp the amp would of needed to be run at 8ohm anywayz its gone now....

depending on the car but 130+ will shake the mirror, from 140+ will shake the windscreen...take a guess what we got in the civic with the system i said is for sale
HINT: we broke the boot latches Smile
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Sterio SPL Levels Tue, 10 September 2002 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My friend is going to be at the super nats
he should be pushing mid 150's id say Smile
damn that this is LOUD
tis kinda scary
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sterio SPL Levels Wed, 11 September 2002 07:18 Go to previous message
those american "bootie" songs are excelent very very long deep droneing bass with sincapated spikes it's reaaly cool but you need hard core power hitting your amp/s at least one or two stiffening caps well thats when you are running yeah a system with alittle grunt
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Grip Tape for pedals
Next Topic:MAD Toymods Idea!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:39:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063619613647461 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.