Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Sat, 01 May 2004 23:12 Go to next message
Hey i had this crazy idea yesterday whilst spending my usual saturday morning down at blacktown piccies..... i wanted to go check out this new piccies down at Ingleburn, and i know that heaps of us toymodders love doing "wreckers trips", so i thought why not make a little group cruise and "wreckers treasure hunt" down to the new location and check it out?

Im only throwing around the idea at the moment, but i would like to see who would be genuinely interested. It would have to be a saturday morning, and we would probably leave from somewhere around the Hills/Parramatta region, or meet up down at Ingleburn for those closer to there. I would definitely bring the Toymods trailer for any larger items....

I think it would be good fun, and something different to do on a saturday morning. I mean if anyone has anything big to scrounge from the wreckers, with a few hands on deck it would make for a quick removal, and with a large group we might be able to instigate some "buying power" Razz

ANyway, throw some ideas back, ill talk to some people, and maybe we could actually make this an event?

I know im keen!
  Send a private message to this user    
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Sun, 02 May 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a pretty cool idea (if you're a Toymod fruit cake, and your life is devoid of better things to do on a Sat morn) count me in.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Sun, 02 May 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like it could be a cool outing. I actually visited the new one out at Ingleburn this morning. Quite dissapointed that in the Toyota stables there was only 4 AE92s to choose from. Loads of AE82s and Coronas though..

On a side note, in their customer service area they were selling a complete 4AGE (from an AE82 Twinky) with gearbox, wiring & computer for $650!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Sun, 02 May 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW!! that is a very cheap 4a-ge, especially by piccies standards!!!!

Yeah, my saturday morning life usually consists of sleeping off friday nights escapades, but adding piccies to the furore makes things much more fun! Razz

Ill starting looking at the toymods calendar and pick some dates.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Sun, 02 May 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they havent got all that much yet but they are geting better, and the guys down there are very reasonable. good to have another wrecker near my work, hopefully they will make road tested spares put their prices down to everyone elses now that they dont have a monopoly Rolling Eyes
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Sun, 02 May 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check out the darrell lee factory down the road...

a 1kg bag of those little chocolates that usually come in fancy boxes are 10 bucks

liquorice is $5 for 6kg too...
Very Happy

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Sun, 02 May 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

*Marge Simpson voice*
Does anybody need that much liquorice?
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Sun, 02 May 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh its still only like a 1/4 full as Evosti said, but i only take a quick glance as im scooting past there on the way to work or doing some deliveries.

i was very disppointed with blacktown pick and payless yesterday though, i went over to grab some parts for my dads gemini and had a look at the sprinter they are holding, and i needed the door hinges from the drivers side and the window regulator from the passenger side, but was told that the doors are "on hold" because someone might be getting them on monday. i thought the premise of the pick and payless wreckers was first in first served, if it was any other car there i sure as hell know they wouldnt be "holding parts". the guy said the doors were getting sold for $500 too. Rolling Eyes

anywayz yeh ill come down to the ingleburn pick and payless when you do the Toymods hunt there seeing as i live 2 mins up the road, its not like there going to have any Sprinter parts there though lol. Laughing
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Sun, 02 May 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Sun, 02 May 2004 19:46

Quote:

*Marge Simpson voice*
Does anybody need that much liquorice?

Mate my Dad needs that much liquorice, hes mad about it!
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 03 May 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iv been there heaps better than blacktown (no car falling around you)but not much there but we went when it was the 1s week but sounds fun i b there Laughing
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 03 May 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a wreckers treasure hunt is the best idea ive heard in a long time........HEY BOARD MEMBERS PENCIL IT IN THE CALENDER SOMEWHERE Very Happy
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 03 May 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my brother got heaps of interior bits out of the sprinter at blacktown that where really good so now he has some interior parts that are still ok that he does not need all in blue
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 03 May 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do the sprinters at piccies have bonnets? someone find me a damn bonnet hehe. Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 03 May 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
find it yourself dude - thats the idea of a "piccies treasure hunt!"

Ill do some talking...
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 03 May 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pickies treasure hunt is a sick idea!

I need to size up a new radiator for the ke20... and a new / bigger alternator!
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Tue, 04 May 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohwell unless my social secretary has made plans for me already i shall come along, even if to just give ppl a hand ripping stuff out Smile
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Tue, 04 May 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Mon, 03 May 2004 21:25

do the sprinters at piccies have bonnets? someone find me a damn bonnet hehe. Smile

lol the Sprinter out at Blacktown piccies looks like it was hit with a semi-trailer doing 80km/h. the whole front right hand side from the headlight to behind the suspension tower has been crushed and pushed back. i cant remember if the bonnet was still there but even if it was there is no way it would be repairable.
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Tue, 04 May 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no way the pick and payless sprinter would have survived BTW if anyone wants interior bits off it there in pretty good nick but ive been at it a bit its blue on the inside

i was at the ingleburn pick and payless there was a shit load of corollas and camrys but nothing else really
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Thu, 06 May 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who cares about what they have - its the ADVENTURE!

Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Thu, 06 May 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i've been there before. Its $2 price for entry to get what ever you want. I got a switch hole covers, new centre console lid cover a mud flap and a fan speed switch for $15.
They had heaps of SV21s and a few SV11s, a couple of AE92s and more AE82s, 1 MX83 maybe a few other cresidas, 2 celicas (RA23 and an RA40 coupe), and a couple of coronas.
Good idea and sounds like good fun. Plus its just down the road from my house.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Fri, 07 May 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing can you imagine a whole hoard of toymodders, greasy and dirty as fuck, wheelbarrows empty, all leaving en-masse with socks, undies, pockets and jumpers loaded with 'sampler' car parts Laughing

"nah, didnt find anything i wanted"
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Fri, 07 May 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you would need a "token" large item... such as some 1980's roof racks... Razz
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Fri, 07 May 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Fri, 07 May 2004 16:36

Laughing can you imagine a whole hoard of toymodders, greasy and dirty as fuck, wheelbarrows empty, all leaving en-masse with socks, undies, pockets and jumpers loaded with 'sampler' car parts Laughing

"nah, didnt find anything i wanted"

Laughing Strangely enough... Somehow I can!! hehehe
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Sun, 09 May 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would we have too wear safety hats Paul. Im not sure i have a apple big enough to fit my head.
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 10 May 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
count me in. (a chance to complete my shitty red twinky which has sat in the same place for the past year or so.)
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 10 May 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys count me in! havent been to a toymods event in yonks!!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 10 May 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need an alternator!

Anyone know where that wav file came from???
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 10 May 2004 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds promising - I'm always finding bits and pieces I want to get my hands on, like some power window switch covers that aren't busted, and a centre console!@#%!@%!
tell me the time, place, and assuming I can find a lift and I'm not unconscious in a gutter in the cross somewehre, I'll be there
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 10 May 2004 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After a recent purchace I'd like to oterwise rape and pillage a new wreaker for some fun. Has any dates been thrown around yet??
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 10 May 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im thinking a sturday, early to mid June.

Will be checking the toymods calendar a little closer this week.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Mon, 10 May 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is Sunday an option at all for the worker bees among us?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Tue, 11 May 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we shall seeeeeee
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Tue, 11 May 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best time to buy parts from any pick and paymore is 5pm sunday afternoon.

they just want u to piss off home so they can go home and will accept any offer u give them.

Cool
lilthug
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Fri, 14 May 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know the address of that place?
GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: Pick'n'Payless Ingleburn treasure hunt - IDEAS? Fri, 14 May 2004 05:08 Go to previous message
yeh i went there a few weeks ago. 1 twinky and heaps of stockies. the twinky is fucked. the stockies looks to be in good nick,with good interior platics.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WSID 8/5
Next Topic:WSID - Eastern Creek Drags (CANCELED)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:01:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066988468170166 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.