Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
New Notify System Wed, 04 September 2002 12:14 Go to next message
I prefer the old system !!

I cant click and go direct to my messages ??

Can someone explain how I do that ?
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon11.gif  Re: New Notify System Wed, 04 September 2002 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can't. Smiley =
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Wed, 04 September 2002 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From memory, when i check the email using IE, it does not show the cool looking blue window, with the reply inside it. it just shows a white background, no avatar pics, and the text.....

then in outlook, it shows it all very nicely....hmmmm
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon13.gif  Re: New Notify System Thu, 05 September 2002 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like it before !!!
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Thu, 05 September 2002 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like this newer way.
Because if im using outlook, which i normally do, i can just read the reply there, and not have to open the webpage just to read the reply. if i want to then make a reply myself, thats when i go to the webpage...
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Notify System Thu, 05 September 2002 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only shows the latest reply though, mate - not all the replies since the one you posted.
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Thu, 05 September 2002 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just clicked reply from the email i got about your posting to the thread, clicked reply and it came up with where you type your new msg, which is good, then i scrolled down and i can see all the posts that have been made recently down the bottom...

its good Very Happy
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon5.gif  Re: New Notify System Thu, 05 September 2002 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK

Tell me where this reply button is !??! Are you bullshitting me coz ... I asked Max if I could.....

" ... click and go direct to my messages ??", to which he replied... "You can't."

how how ? and why why ? Surprised

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: New Notify System Thu, 05 September 2002 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What email client are you using Les?

If it understands HTML emails, then you should see the post exactly like it appears here...

There are a row of buttons below, one of which is Reply.

Click that, and it takes you to the page where you reply to that post...
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Thu, 05 September 2002 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is what i see...
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~combe/emailpic.JPG

and yer, like Nark said, i have just been clicking reply
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Notify System Thu, 05 September 2002 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noway !

mine sux ass then !!

itts hotmail
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Notify System Thu, 05 September 2002 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For some reason, with the newest system and the 'new' one before it, I only get notifications every now and then.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Thu, 05 September 2002 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak i like it cause i dont have reply if i dont to. but, if i do, i just click on reply on the reply sent to me (bottom right) and it takes me to the login page, then to the post form, after you submit your post, it takes you to the thread, then you can see any other reply's on that thread.
but........i think the actual toymods forum is a lot slower now, opening threads etc. than it was before this sytem we got now.......does it seem slower to you guy's?
jazae86
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: New Notify System Thu, 05 September 2002 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I prefer the old but new will do.
Hopefully we will be able to choose which one in the future. It'll happen I'm sure. Maybe when FUD is upgraded next time?

Jaz
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Fri, 06 September 2002 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plz bring back the old way
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Fri, 06 September 2002 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to the developers, he's pretty sure the later version does include the link as well, or if not then it's easily modifyable.

But - he said there were no plans to make it user selectable, cause it would take too much processing to handle it on a user by user basis Sad

So make sure you vote which one you prefer at http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/msg.php?th=3833

rgrds
sam
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Fri, 06 September 2002 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 05 September 2002 23:56

.i think the actual toymods forum is a lot slower now, opening threads etc. than it was before this sytem we got now.......does it seem slower to you guy's?

Does anyone find the new forums slower? I thought it seemed a lot quicker...

sam
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Fri, 06 September 2002 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im only on dialup, but dialups not that slow loading pages, and im with Sam, i think the pages load quicker....
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: New Notify System Fri, 06 September 2002 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quicker for me!
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Fri, 06 September 2002 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remember you can turn off Avatars and Sig's in your profile as well... that should speed it up a bit for modem users...
jazae86
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: New Notify System Fri, 06 September 2002 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or turn off pics in web browser.

No more stupid adds and stuff.

Jaz
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: New Notify System Sun, 08 September 2002 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've made a small experimental mod to the email template, if you now click on the word "Thread" in the heading, it will take you to the whole thread.

I'll figure out a better place to stick the link tho...

sam
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Notify System Sun, 08 September 2002 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THANKS SAM !!!

that is awesome !

works great
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Sat, 21 September 2002 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont know if you guys have already seen this and worked it out, but i only just recently found it... Cool

when you get the email showing you the reply etc, just above the subject line (eg Re: New Notify System) if you click the word 'Thread' it will open up the thread for you, kinda like the old one did. Very Happy

I am also beginning to find that i dont recieve notifications for every reply that is made to a thread...???
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Sat, 21 September 2002 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm also not getting notifications for some replies made to certain threads, even though i'm subscribed.
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Sat, 21 September 2002 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have an idea about why we are only getting emails to some posts...... (i more than likely am wrong but i'll try)

(i got this idea from the tick box that is in the post reply window. it says "Notify me when someone replies this message")

When you get the email saying that someone has replied to the thread you've replied to, if someone clicks reply (in the actual email) thats when i think a notification will be sent. because someone has replied to someone elses post directly.

aternatively, if another person opens the thread just by navigating through the message board, and posts a reply that way, not replying to an actual post, a notification wont be sent out.....

anyway, thats just what im thinking....please correct me if im wrong. Smile
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New Notify System Sat, 21 September 2002 03:01 Go to previous message
Thanks man Smile
thats a great tip

and yes i noticed that
only thing i dont like about it now :\
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply