Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What's Your Favourite Drift Direction?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 01:49 Go to next message

Favourite Drif Direction??[ 31 vote(s) ]
1.Left 7 / 23%
2.Right 15 / 48%
3.Either 6 / 19%
4.What's a drift? 3 / 10%

No Message Body

Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Left. You can see more of the corner.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, but when I drifted right, it was the passenger that got hit.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A good drift movie, doing it either way, must see:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~jprcoyle/lancer10 0.wmv
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because we drive on the left hand side of the road, you tend to do faster right hand corners. So that gives me more opportunities to drift on a right hander in the wet.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I prefer to drift one way, then drift the other, the second one is always more fun Smile

But drifting left is the usual due to our road layouts.
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Due to more opportunities, I prefer the right. But not that I'm one to pass up a drift opportunity to the left.
Jonoze
Regular

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I prefer do do it sideways! hehehe

But seriously left, right or in a straight line..it doesnt matter.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where's the option:

I can't drift because my car sticks like glue to the road.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're talking drift, my answer is I can't drift (properly), but if you're talking sideways, then I prefer right.
I find my car alot easier to get sideways round a right hander, plus because I'm on the right side of the car I find I can see the road ahead (round the corner) alot more easily.

Not that I get alot of sideways these days, my car's a bit underpowered for dry sideways, and I've learnt my lesson in wet sideways...... my car tends to act like a big pendulum when I lose it in the wet. Once the ass comes round, there's not much stopping it. Maybe I just need to learn a bit more.
RA23_Sean
Regular

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Driving a Celica in the wet gets a bit dangerous sometimes. It's pretty fun though. Too bad mines dead at the moment.
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For some reason i prefer left. Most people seem to prefer to be on the inside. Maybe, like Nark said, it's becuase you can see more of the corner (no oncomming traffic). Not that my old RA60 could manage much drift on dry tarmac. But it had it's fair share of sideways action in the wet and dirt.

Poor old RA60
rest in peace (actually, it's pieces)
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CamryMan wrote on Fri, 24 May 2002 1:13 PM

Because we drive on the left hand side of the road, you tend to do faster right hand corners. So that gives me more opportunities to drift on a right hander in the wet.

Funny you say that... because i always seem to take left hand corners quicker.
It might be because of the saftey of that extra few meters of bitumen that is the other lane.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Fri, 24 May 2002 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speaking of drifting, I was pulling out to overtake someone tonight, and it was a little wet. Got into the left lane and planted it ...

the car flicked out sideways, barely missed the gutter then just missed the other car by mere centimetres...

It's amazing what the PWR button on the auto does in a Soarer... transforms the car from smooth & refined to a bat out of hell Wink
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Sat, 25 May 2002 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find it easier to the right cos u turn over the other lane generally and have more time to get it out.
but like bigworm my car has a bit of a pendulum effect when it gets a bit for out and doesn't return hehe, finding me facing the oncomming trafic Rolling
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Sat, 25 May 2002 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definatly left is best !

On a nice left hander with only the driver in the car you have more weight on the left hand side plus it means I can see exactl how close I am getting to anything I may be drifting towards.

For some reason I am not as comfortable drifting to the right ?

turbokid
Regular

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Thu, 30 May 2002 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from my little drift experience i prefer the right hand side better because you are on the same side you turn into and i guess its just a little more comfortable
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favourite Drift Direction? Thu, 30 May 2002 08:28 Go to previous message
i always liked the right handers, cos it means less body roll (as ur on the right hand side of the car) and i darno, im just used to it heheheheh Not that the celica drifted a lot, went crabbing yes, not proper drift (only when i fluked it heheheh)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:drag combat
Next Topic:G
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:51:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062620639801025 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.