Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap Mon, 26 April 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

ooooooooops

Send a private message to this user    
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap Tue, 27 April 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats right its been sold. to a good owner and a member. i'll want it back when its gone but anyway.
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap Sun, 02 May 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deposit taken.
i think i will actually be sad to see it go. i drove it today and for the first time actually put my foot into it, snapped seconds and went all over the place, havnt really unleashed it other than that.i feel bad thrashing cars...only cos i have to work on them.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap Sun, 02 May 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know the feeling, took mine for a spin today and its on the market, gave it just a little turning onto the pacific highway, spun the inside a tiny bit and just got reminded of my love of the cars power.
but i need the money so its gonna have to go, thinkin of a complete change in style of cars, but still a toyota.
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap Sun, 09 May 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok yeh deposit has been taken but 1 and a half weeks ago. i guess the car is still up for grabs. i think i still really want to sell this car, i only ever drive to hornsby and back each day, which is a 10 minute drive, i dont think i need something this powerful, its almost like the cars power is going to waste if i'm using it.
Chris Y
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap Mon, 10 May 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this car is fully sik and sounds unreal.

definately a great buy, Andy did all the work himself and he would love to keep it, but has bout an EXA hehehe

Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap Mon, 10 May 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude the exa is fully sick bro and is a weapon, i would drift it but it is impossible cos its a shit frontwheeler. mind your mags look unreal on it.
anyway the long awaited sale might go ahead sometime this week so we'll see what happens.
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap Tue, 11 May 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its a no go at this point in time, so yeah its still on the market.
bonethug
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap Sat, 15 May 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very interested but in victoria, how good is the body? is it engineered? and how negotiatable are you on the price.does it use the supra gearbox and lsd? anything else i should know about this car?

[Updated on: Sat, 15 May 2004 02:31]

spack
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap Sun, 16 May 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have a pm!

Very Happy
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap Sat, 22 May 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car has sold. thanks for all the interest. hope fully there will be that much for the next car i sell.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
far out!

man this car had the doggist conversion ever, was round eviljacks fixing the hundreds of things that needed doing!! the whole bloody exhaust was cable tyed on! and a dodgey radiator setup are just a few to be named

eviljack i feel for you, and may the force be with you!

walkie
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craigzee you have PM

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:08]

Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck lets all winge. i never said it was perfect.
replace your bottom hose in the radiator, still works doesnt it.
as for the exhaust it is dodgy but thats only cos i could be fucked paying the $50 to get the rubber o rings put on properly.

what else is wrong with it???.....honestly.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2004 13:04]

Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrAiGzEE wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 15:46

far out!

man this car had the doggist conversion ever, was round eviljacks fixing the hundreds of things that needed doing!! the whole bloody exhaust was cable tyed on! and a dodgey radiator setup are just a few to be named

eviljack i feel for you, and may the force be with you!

dont wanna be a smart ass but isnt that why you inspect and take your time before you buy a car? then if you find something bad, walk away.

the only acception would be if the seller was deceiving about things.
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tom your right, inspection will do the job, but hey except for a few things which might need fixing the car is pretty good, fuck i mean its not hard to go buy a radiator hose or take the car to the muffler shop and get it mounted.

If you want a perfect car go buy a brand new one Twisted Evil

i'm sure Andrew will tell you all i was honest about everything he asked.
walkie
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I was looking at purchasing this car Andy did seem open and honest. Maybe he couldn't explain everything but I don't think he tried to hide anything. He didn't mind me getting it inspected, and I would probably have purchased the car had circumstances not prevented me. That said, I was quite disappointed at the performance when I drove the car, it was certainly not what I had expected.

http://members.dodo.com.au/monalisa1/page1.jpg
http://members.dodo.com.au/monalisa1/page2.jpg

*edit*

It is quite the looker though Wink

http://members.dodo.com.au/monalisa1/124_2470.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2004 13:28]

Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the nrma inspection tells all. i didnt lie about anything. most of the stuff picked up in the inspection it pretty anal, read through how many things can be fixed with one hand.

i still reckon the intercooler pipes are ballooning. it had its good and its bad days, some days it was nuts some it wasnt so nuts.pissed the hell out of me too.
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
needs bigger wheels.
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hows this??

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=4687

Attachment: celicabroa1.JPG
(Size: 61.29KB, Downloaded 130 time(s))

Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know what you mean about those good and bad days. my charade had them and when it was good it was GOOOOOOOOD!!!
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is another pic. yeh but now you got a celica so its all good.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=4688

Attachment: celicabro2.JPG
(Size: 74.91KB, Downloaded 138 time(s))

walkie
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK enough molestation of my photography.

Also, this was the car that I was talking about in the following thread:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=35176&start=0&rid=3763&S=b2f932c3172 e274fd96258d56f12cb2d
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Thu, 27 May 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys, he was pretty honest in his sale i guess it was bad luck it had that split hose at the rear :/

the other thing that made it boil was the radiator cap Razz i got a 543 13 recovery cap and that fixed most of the cooling problem.

although i didnt know about the exhaust, the cable tie at the rear was gone and the rubber bracket up the middle of the car was just about to break so wasnt long before it hit the road. Now without taking a hoist when i went for the inspection i wouldnt of found this plus andy wouldnt of known either.
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Fri, 28 May 2004 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at least its not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
turns out the motor is a gen1 Rolling Eyes i didnt know that, mind you i should have just looked in the articles, i always wondered why the boost was so low....duh cos its stock is 7pound.mt bad

you guys can think what you want about the car, fact is it sold and its a nice car, anyone who has seen it can vouch for that, unless your a fuckwit.
walkie
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Sat, 29 May 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so did the other guy give it to you and bullshit you that it was a Gen 3?

It looked like a nice car, but I must say I am now glad that I didn't buy it. I put down $200 coz apparently all it needed was a tune. I was going to go back up after Andy said he had fixed up some problems the car was having, but work got in the way. Andy says he spent the deposit on getting the car ready for me to come back, but I suspect that was bullshit.

Anyway, the car looked good and if you sort out any problems under the bonnet I am sure you will have a great time.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 May 2004 04:34]

Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Sat, 29 May 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was supposed to be a gen 3, that was the word anyway.
and i did actually spend most of it on the car, yeh maybe not $200 to the dollar but most.

anyway whats done is done. if i knew everyone would have a cry i would have just kept the fucken thing and let it sit there and die.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Sat, 29 May 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andy
I was thinking of selling my car but after the fucking bullshit you have gone through I might just keep the thing.

P.S If you guys want a perfect car buy a fucking new one!

BEN
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Sat, 29 May 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Siktoy ra23: P.S If you guys want a perfect car buy a fucking new one!

Well put Siktoy ra23, people expect too much from second hand/modified cars. people have a concept of what they want and if they don't get what they want they'll bitch and moan because of it. Thus comes the idea of whether to spend the extra money and make what you want or to take the shorter way and buy something that someone has done themselves. Shame to hear that you went through so much Andy, looked like a great car and for the money was a great buy.

/end my rant on car selling
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte 77 ra28 celica for sale or swap - SOLD!! Sun, 30 May 2004 04:17 Go to previous message
seems i'm not the only one who thinks this......at least there are people who will agree with me.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB : toyota sprinter AE86, Sydney.still searching...
Next Topic:wrecking gti swift 90model
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 14:59:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14978504180908 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.